PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats release TE Tomlinson per Field Yates

Well, while that was disappointing it certainly wasn't unexpected.

I think we all would have loved to have picked up help on the OL and TE. But the fact is that there really wasn't anything out there to pick up on the OL that looked like it would have been an improvement over what we already have. Secondly, a Howard trade, regardless of how you structured it would have been a great win-win trade for BOTH the Bucs and us, but it takes 2 to make a deal, and from what's being reported, the Bucs still wanted to keep him. I'm glad we stayed away from Eifert. He's a trumped up WR and we have enough of those already. Howard was the guy and if it wasn't going to happen, I'm OK we stayed Pat. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Pats like Lacosse, but he just hasn't been healthy. A high ankle sprain can be something that lingers when you try and play through it.

So he're what we got left. There are a couple of scenarios that will start to get this offense back on track.

1. We get back Wynn - It all starts from there. We solidify as position of weakness.

2. Mason and Cannon need to start to play like they did last season. Clearly both are playing through some injuries now, but hopefully after the bye they will be healthy enough to play to their potential.

3. Karras IS a problem in the run game. That's the only way to put it. He can't get to the 2nd level and get LB's There are ways to change blocking schemes so that you have Karras blocking a down linemen most of the time. Remember don't ask a guy to do something he can't. On the plus side, only Joe Thuney has allowed fewer QB pressures than Karras and I think its just one more, so he IS doing the job on pass protection.

4. I need to see Elumanour replace Ferentz as the primary back up interior lineman. Do you job Dante'

4. I think in the end Watson and Lacosse will end up being the 2 TE's and Izzo will wind up back on the PS. While not ideal, it should be enough.

5. I think getting Harry back is bigger than most think. I think he's been healthy for a couple of weeks now and will get back in a productive groove sooner than later.

6. Sanu, Harry, Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers is as good a WR group as any Brady has had in 8 of his 9 superbowl appearances. We can certainly win with these guys who are ONLY going to get better as the season wears on.

I got a high ankle sprain getting out of bed two months ago...I still walk with a limp. He needs to let it rest

1. getting Wynn back will help a lot!
2. Cannon has been injured the day we drafted him. dont see that changing and he should be able to push through
4. Scar is pissed at the OLine production. He needs to get them right. also, what is the back up plan to SCAR...dude is 98 years old
5. hopefully he can provide something. Usually 1st year WRs dont catch on until year 3 if ever.
6. That is a more than adequate WR group. love Meyers and think he will be an outstanding WR for years to come, but never get his due.

NFL Trade Dudline

So the options in the passing game going forward (barring injury) in no particular order...

Edelman
Sanu
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers
Watson
White

Not ideal, but not the worst Brady has had. He should be able to get the job done with that and our defense so long as we can stabilize the OL.
Burkhead too assuming he doesn't break a nail.

I really thought they would go after matt bryant.

It's going to be interesting to see if the Pats can claim someone off waivers. I mean they have the best record so they have the last right of claim. But BB is known to snatch some talent that other teams think are trash.

As far as trades. Nada. Well Sanu was our only significant move. I'm surprised Cinci didn't move Eifert for a 4th or 5th round pick, because their season is over at 0-8. They also could have fetched quite a sum for AJ Green. But nope they gonna keep him when his contract is expiring? Bad teams just being bad.

So the options in the passing game going forward (barring injury) in no particular order...

Edelman
Sanu
Dorsett
Harry
Meyers
Watson
White

Not ideal, but not the worst Brady has had. He should be able to get the job done with that and our defense so long as we can stabilize the OL.

Until IR'd I'd still consider LaCosse part of this group as well.

They are hanging on to him through it all. There is a role for him in this offense if he ever gets healthy.

No TE.

This means a big goofy galoot from Buffalo, NY is getting ready to slap the pads back on.

Burkhead too assuming he doesn't break a nail.
You’re not barring injury with IRex. It’s an assumption that he will be injured again sooner rather than later.

The NFL trade deadline, otherwise known as the Game of Thrones series finale.

My belief is Bill tried to pry Howard loose and TB asked for too much in return.

Oh well.
Truthfully a #1 was too much.
I just think you put a value on a player for what he has done (misused or not) and not on what he may do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes