PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Thought it would be good to just have a thread where we could put rumours or possible targets that we could look at. So the Sanu thread or other similar threads don’t get crossed over.

one guy I’m surprised hasn’t been made a lot of is Hunter Henry..

For Pats and league-wide trade rumors and news. Can we try to stick to credible sources, at a minimum someone with a blue checkmark not named Mort or Jason.

(Beat you to it Deus).

or Manish

For Pats and league-wide trade rumors and news. Can we try to stick to credible sources, at a minimum someone with a blue checkmark not named Mort or Jason.

(Beat you to it Deus).
This thread will be full of nothing but Incarcerated Bob stories, with Sharks of Vegas chiming in at the last minute to whittle down our receiving options to Mike Evans, OBJ, and Michael Thomas.

There were a couple of rumblings over the last couple of weeks by local beat writers about Erickson and the Pats, Lazar for one and ?maybe Reiss.

I found this tweet from the offseason:

We now know one team which definitively was after Sanu. I suspect that the Pats were one of the teams after Erickson as well. He is bigger that I thought (6’0”) and returns kicks and punts.

Alex Erickson is ready for a bigger role, if the Bengals let him

“Maybe the best compliment I can pay Alex Erickson is that he plays like a guy who will likely be on the Patriots’ roster sometime in the next four or five years, if you get my drift.”

I’m starting to think that the recent Erickson trade smoke was real, although that may have changed after the Sanu pickup. If they still have interest (seems unlikely), its very unfortunate that he has morphed into Edelman over the past two weeks. The Bengals will probably ask for a late first now (with a straight face). If they were smart, they would just keep him.

There were a couple of rumblings over the last couple of weeks by local beat writers about Erickson and the Pats, Lazar for one and ?maybe Reiss.

I found this tweet from the offseason:

We now know one team which definitively was after Sanu. I suspect that the Pats were one of the teams after Erickson as well. He is bigger that I thought (6’0”) and returns kicks and punts.

Alex Erickson is ready for a bigger role, if the Bengals let him

“Maybe the best compliment I can pay Alex Erickson is that he plays like a guy who will likely be on the Patriots’ roster sometime in the next four or five years, if you get my drift.”

I’m starting to think that the recent Erickson trade smoke was real, although that may have changed after the Sanu pickup. If they still have interest (seems unlikely), its very unfortunate that he has morphed into Edelman over the past two weeks. The Bengals will probably ask for a late first now (with a straight face). If they were smart, they would just keep him.

I feel like they’re okay at the wr position at this point, Sanu will make an impact as he gets comfortable and on the same page with Brady. Two biggest things going forward is getting Wynn back and Newhouse on the sideline, and an upgrade at TE, love Watson but I don’t think he’s the answer.

Think the biggest issue for us is the lack of cap space, there are a few players who we could sign to extensions to make our cap space increase - Hightower, KVN, D-Mac are the top 3 I can think of right now.

I would think a TE and possible another o lineman. I can't really see them getting another wr, to improve upon what they have at this time, they will have to pay a bunch and with Edelman, Sanu, Harry, and Dorsett, I think they are pretty good. Especially if Harry plays well. Grabbing a TE or a good lineman would be where I see weakness and the ability to improve.

Howard or Eifert and Vaitai.

I would think a TE and possible another o lineman. I can't really see them getting another wr, to improve upon what they have at this time, they will have to pay a bunch and with Edelman, Sanu, Harry, and Dorsett, I think they are pretty good. Especially if Harry plays well. Grabbing a TE or a good lineman would be where I see weakness and the ability to improve.
marrying Jessica Alba is more likely than a good OL being available.

Like you almost said yourself.. we already traded for an inside receiver in Sanu. That is the role the Pats tried to fill via trying to trade for Sanu in the offseason, trying to sign Humphries or Beasely and then signing AB.

Last edited:
Reiss predicts no moves
Patriots' Bill Belichick gets 300th NFL win with familiar formula

Bold prediction for next week: The Patriots won't make another trade by Tuesday's deadline, instead welcoming back first-round draft choice N'Keal Harry to the active roster. Harry was previously designated to return off injured reserve, and is eligible to make his debut in the game next week at Baltimore. Also on the predictions front, 2018 first-round pick Isaiah Wynn will be designated to return off IR this week (eligible to play for the first time Nov. 17 at Philadelphia).

love Watson but I don’t think he’s the answer.

Depends on the question. He was never going to help fix the blocking woes, but he's productive enough for a receiving TE.

So if the Patriots redo - Devin, Hightower and KVN. Those three currently are around 30m of our cap space if we could do some extensions for these three we could save around 5-10m that’s just a rough guess really, as not sure what their future contracts would look like?

Their current cap hits are; Devin 13m, HT 10m, and KVN 6m

Redo the beasts.
Trade for one or 2 tight end beasts.
Trade for some Offensive lineman buried on a depth chart a good OL team like New Orleans?
More than likely have to trade with a losing team having a fire sale maybe LA Chargers?

marrying Jessica Alba is more likely than a good OL being available.
I think finding an olineman upgrade is much easier than finding a tight end upgrade.

If there is a trade I think it will be minor (backup OL for a late pick)

They are pretty set at receiving TE.

Agree with Reiss.

They're done.

Reiss predicts no moves
Patriots' Bill Belichick gets 300th NFL win with familiar formula

Bold prediction for next week: The Patriots won't make another trade by Tuesday's deadline, instead welcoming back first-round draft choice N'Keal Harry to the active roster. Harry was previously designated to return off injured reserve, and is eligible to make his debut in the game next week at Baltimore. Also on the predictions front, 2018 first-round pick Isaiah Wynn will be designated to return off IR this week (eligible to play for the first time Nov. 17 at Philadelphia).
I don't agree with Reiss at all.

Between now and CoB on Tue this team will be making a flurry of moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back