PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like they’re okay at the wr position at this point, Sanu will make an impact as he gets comfortable and on the same page with Brady. Two biggest things going forward is getting Wynn back and Newhouse on the sideline, and an upgrade at TE, love Watson but I don’t think he’s the answer.
I agree with this. I would think they’re okay with the receiver spot with Sanu and Harry entering the mix. The offensive line is a disaster. Newhouse is a below average starter, Karras hasn’t been terrible but still has some bad/weird snaps, and Ferentz filling in for Mason was as bad as I expected. I would love for them to make a move for a real swing tackle to hold us over until Wynn gets back. As far as TE, I agree Watson is not a number 1. He would be a great number 2 option with a young promising guy in front of him but right now that position needs a boost.

I don't agree with Reiss at all.

Between now and CoB on Tue this team will be making a flurry of moves.
I think Reiss’ bold prediction is based on info he knows, as it usually is. I think it tells me the Pats explored every avenue and any potentially available player is too costly for their taste. So unless the other team comes down in asking price at the deadline, or someone becomes unexpectedly available, they’re standing pat.

I like it. The lines have been drawn. Reiss vs RW in a steel cage death match.
I've met Mike (been fishing with his brother, Doug). I don't know them particularly well. They are both little dudes.

It wouldn't go well....for him.:p

I think Reiss’ bold prediction is based on info he knows, as it usually is. I think it tells me the Pats explored every avenue and any potentially available player is too costly for their taste. So unless the other team comes down in asking price at the deadline, or someone becomes unexpectedly available, they’re standing pat.
We'll see. I think they are still being very engaged in discussions and willing to make a deal but it just might be cost-prohibitive.

For example, if TB still demanding a 1 for Howard and the NEP have offered a 2020 3 and a 2021 2 then maybe it can work.

I think they are done at WR. What they have is very good on paper. The oline is the problem. We need Winn + 2. I just doubt we can find or afford them.

I think they are done at WR. What they have is very good on paper. The oline is the problem. We need Winn + 2. I just doubt we can find or afford them.

I disagree. We can afford to trade for a backup OL. That only takes a restructure.

We'll see. I think they are still being very engaged in discussions and willing to make a deal but it just might be cost-prohibitive.

For example, if TB still demanding a 1 for Howard and the NEP have offered a 2020 3 and a 2021 2 then maybe it can work.

The only issue with that offer is that the 2 nd is like a 3rd and the 3rd is like a 4th.

I would offer a 1 and a 3 In 2021

I disagree. We can afford to trade for a backup OL. That only takes a restructure.
I think we are playing with fire if we don't try to do something and trade for another OL, even a depth guy. We have swung and missed on almost every roster move we've made for a lineman this season but gotta keep trying. Otherwise we are heavily relying on Wynn returning and staying healthy.

The only issue with that offer is that the 2 nd is like a 3rd and the 3rd is like a 4th.

I would offer a 1 and a 3 In 2021
I think Howard is worth a 1. Just saying the NEP might not want to burn that high of a pick.

I think we are playing with fire if we don't try to do something and trade for another OL, even a depth guy. We have swung and missed on almost every roster move we've made for a lineman this season but gotta keep trying. Otherwise we are heavily relying on Wynn returning and staying healthy.
Wynn/Thuney/Karras/Shaq/Cannon is fine.

It hard to believe that there is no upgrade out there for Cunningham and/or Ferentz.
This allows for the fact that Dante likes Newhouse and Eluemanor.

Plus, we are carrying only 8 OL's. This isn't a good idea considering the quality of the TE blocking, and considering the OL injuries.

The Bengals won't make any moves because they don't feel like it's their job to "make other teams better."

This is why they will never...ever win anything.

This is unreal

The Bengals won't make any moves because they don't feel like it's their job to "make other teams better."

This is unreal

Good they can keep their loser mentality players they have on that roster including AJ Green.

This is unreal

NARRATOR : Now let's meet Mike Brown, son of Paul.

NARRATOR : Now let's meet Mike Brown, son of Paul.
Question: where did the apple fall furthest from the tree — Mike Brown or Mark Davis?

Yes, a backup. I just don't see that as worth trading a pick for or better than we have. We need 2 starters. We cannot afford one good one let alone two. This team does not mortgage the future. We saw a Mason restructure. I don't see them doing much more. What is our space after the Bennet trade?

Wynn/Thuney/Karras/Shaq/Cannon is fine.
That starting five would be perfectly fine. However we know that Shaq is battling with an injury and Wynn has already sustained two long-ish term injuries in his very short career. We need better depth pieces because what we have after those five is hot garbage. Trade for another OL and hope that he can be developed into a more reliable stand in if one of the five is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back