PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top ten reasons the Houston game was HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Below are the reasons why I wanted to see the Pats win. Please add your own or comment on mine:

1a - My son (the non sports fan) who has only agreed to go to ONE Pats game ever (2001 at Charlotte) agreed to go with me to the next game if the Pats won. This will be his first Pats game at Gillette, though he's been there a few times for concerts. I'm thinking of telling him that there's an old tradition that says for your first Pats game at Gillette you have to wear a pink hat. I could then tell him after the game what it really meant.

1b - Every single other Pats fan, and especially those die-hards who go to all or most of the games. It is because of those type of fans that it ticks me off to no end when teams with worse records get into the playoffs over teams with better records and often a win against that team. The teams and fans of the teams with the better records should always get first option on playoff games.

3 - That win enabled Brady to continue his quest to become Lord of the Rings.

4 - Goondell and all of his rump swabs. Without a win last night we don't get the chance to laugh in their faces by winning the SB again.

5 - The Crybabies. With each playoff win they get louder and louder and will be the loudest during SB week if the Pats get there. You could set your watch by Marshall Faulk's yearly cries.

6 - The same "rings" true for the losers from Denver, Baltimore and Indy. I hope they were choking last night, just like their teams did this year.

7 - No one and done again this year. Considering how many times the Pats have been vulnerable to a one and done it's pretty amazing that they don't have more.

8 - Also with each win the talk about Shula being the GOAT head coach gets quieter and quieter. If not for the fact that Belichick spent so many years as an assistant he would have passed him already.

9 - Less cheater talk.

10 - And finally, to all of the Spybabies, Tuckheads, Asterjerks and all the other assorted nutjobs out there, that WON was for you.

Last edited:
Goondell and all of his rump swabs
The Crybabies
Marshall Faulk
losers from Denver, Baltimore and Indy
cheater talk
all of the Spybabies, Tuckheads, Asterjerks and all the other assorted nutjobs out there
These scum (proof that We Are In Fact Not All Patriots) are descendant from, of the same ilk, or are in fact the very same as:

'74-The Patriots are a fluke
'75-The Patriots are second class citizens
'76-The Patriots are not worthy of hoisting the Lombardi Trophy
'77-The Patriots are crybabies
'78-The Patriots are a circus
'80-The Patriots are chokers
'81-The Patriots are an embarrassment
'82-The Patriots are cheaters
'83-The Patriots are losers
'85-The Patriots are an inferior, less attractive AFC representative in the Super Bowl
'86-The Patriots' logo is too complicated and difficult a design to paint in the Super Bowl end zone
'86-The Patriots are a bunch of drug addicts/league scandal (Taylor & Manley are heroes)
'88-The Patriots' coach is right to keep benching the QB's who put them in position to win
'90-The Patriots are (somehow) worse than countless other 1-15 teams over history
'92-The Patriots "damaged the league" when someone pretended first to be a reporter, then a victim
'93-The Patriots are, according to national and local media, "broken and ridiculed"
'93-The Patriots deserve to have their identity, logo, uniforms, history, traditions and lifelong fans permanently destroyed and replaced with the league's hastily cooked up caricature, and silver Dallas helmets and blue Colts jerseys and fly-by-night mostly disinterested casual sports fans who go along with anything they read or hear in the media, including especially new owner Robert Kraft, who's bent over at all times and ready for the NFL and responds afterward shouting "Thank you Sir, may I have another?!"

9/23/01 - Despite their deluded owner's deification of Drew Bledsoe, the Patriots' losing record in the Flying Elvis era is indicative of all New Englanders and the region's football fans.

The Patriots' actually winning anything coincides with the arrival of two words, the first one being Tom, and the second one Brady. And the evolution of the previous deplorable Patriots-haters into the present anti-Patriots jihad.

So if you really want to shut them up, step one is for Kraft to slip and bump his head while hanging a clock in his bathroom on February 22nd, and when he comes to have a an epiphany, a realization, that involves common sense and at least a modicum of self-respect, and decides to restore our real logo and uniforms to the players permanently starting in the 2017 season, and saying to the NFL (and the local and national media), "You're finished. You're not pushing the New England Patriots around any more."

Last edited:
These scum (proof that We Are In Fact Not All Patriots) are descendant from, of the same ilk, or are in fact the very same as:

'85-The Patriots are an inferior, less attractive AFC representative in the Super Bowl
'86-The Patriots' logo is too complicated and difficult a design to paint in the Super Bowl end zone
'86-The Patriots are a bunch of drug addicts/league scandal (Taylor & Manley are heroes)
'88-The Patriots' coach is right to keep benching the QB's who put them in position to win
'90-The Patriots are (somehow) worse than countless other 1-15 teams over history
'92-The Patriots "damaged the league" when someone pretended first to be a reporter, then a victim
'93-The Patriots are, according to national and local media, "broken and ridiculed"
'93-The Patriots deserve to have their identity, logo, uniforms, history, traditions and lifelong fans permanently destroyed and replaced with the league's hastily cooked up caricature, and silver Dallas helmets and blue Colts jerseys and fly-by-night mostly disinterested casual sports fans who go along with anything they read or hear in the media, including especially new owner Robert Kraft, who's bent over at all times and ready for the NFL and responds afterward shouting "Thank you Sir, may I have another?!"

9/11/01 - Despite their deluded owner's deification of Drew Bledsoe, the Patriots' losing record in the Flying Elvis era is indicative of all New Englanders and the region's football fans.

The Patriots' actually winning anything coincides with the arrival of two words, the first one being Tom, and the second one Brady. And the evolution of the previous deplorable Patriots-haters into the present anti-Patriots jihad.

So if you really want to shut them up, step one is for Kraft to slip and bump his head while hanging a clock in his bathroom on February 22nd, and when he comes to have a an epiphany, a realization, that involves common sense and at least a modicum of self-respect, and decides to restore our real logo and uniforms to the players permanently starting in the 2017 season, and saying to the NFL (and the local and national media), "You're finished. You're not pushing the New England Patriots around any more."
You REALLY need a tinfoil hat.

You REALLY need a tinfoil hat.
...merely repeating the NFL, national and local media's diatribe over time...and simply pointing out that Kraft's approach since '93 of pretending it does not exist was always doomed to failure.

Below are the reasons why I wanted to see the Pats win. Please add your own or comment on mine:

1a - My son (the non sports fan) who has only agreed to go to ONE Pats game ever (2001 at Charlotte) agreed to go with me to the next game if the Pats won. This will be his first Pats game at Gillette, though he's been there a few times for concerts. I'm thinking of telling him that there's an old tradition that says for your first Pats game at Gillette you have to wear a pink hat. I could then tell him after the game what it really meant.

That's freaking hilarious! Of course that makes it a complete certainty it would be the last game he ever attends with you, but if the odds are already near 100% and you have great relationship with him, I think you pretty much have to do this now! :D

9/11/01 - Despite their deluded owner's deification of Drew Bledsoe, the Patriots' losing record in the Flying Elvis era is indicative of all New Englanders and the region's football fans.

9/11? Huh??? Did you just say use that as an example of a day where people doubted our team?

What is going on in that head of yours? :eek:

Hopefully winning puts an end to the hand wringing every time a great Pats team faces a suppposedly inferior team. But Jets game! 2010! The Pats were so awesome that year (even though they certainly were not) and they lost!

That kind of thinking should have gone away when Butler made the pick off Wilson. Or when the 2004 Sox won.

Dude, LITERALLY no one cares.

That's freaking hilarious! Of course that makes it a complete certainty it would be the last game he ever attends with you, but if the odds are already near 100% and you have great relationship with him, I think you pretty much have to do this now! :D

Yeah, I like it too. I've been enjoying embarrassing my kids for years. I'm pretty sure that we can find a pink Pats hat somewhere before the game. Pictures and videos would be great too.

Until he went waaaaaaaaayyyyy overboard I was in his corner. Since then he has become the Boy That Cried Pat.

Then why all the endless ranting against Goodell, NYJFL, Ignorant deluded anti-Pats jihad etc.?

Must be about time to have a third first-rounder stolen and more unjustified punishments...

Then why all the endless ranting against Goodell, NYJFL, Ignorant deluded anti-Pats jihad etc.?

Must be about time to have a third first-rounder stolen and more unjustified punishments...
What does that have to do with a logo?

Until he went waaaaaaaaayyyyy overboard I was in his corner. Since then he has become the Boy That Cried Pat.
Among the four teams to play today, I noticed that all of them retain their logos & uniforms going back to the early sixties. History, tradition, origins, class, heritage, loyalty of football fans etc.

As opposed to classless, expansion fly by night wannabe losers who treat their fans like their attention spans are less then garden slugs'...not mentioning any teams specifically...

Honest question. As someone who was born in 1986 and started following the team in 96 therefore grew up with the Flying Elvis logo, should I be ashamed of feeling attachment to that logo and colors? I mean, all my Pats memories are attached to that branding. Am I less of a fan because I am only 30?

For the record, I like Pat Patriot better. It is more aesthetically pleasing to me, but I am attached to the Flying Elvis. I grew up with it.

Wanting the old scheme back is fine, but ****ting on the new one and thinking it is some conspiracy is a little out there, isn't it? Then again, maybe I am just some stupid Frenchy from North of the border ;)

Wanting the old scheme back is fine, but ****ting on the new one and thinking it is some conspiracy is a little out there, isn't it? Then again, maybe I am just some stupid Frenchy from North of the border ;)

actually, Ancestry dot com has determined this is a lie. You're actually an extremely intelligent Aleut from the north pole. By the way, whaddya call a frenchy mukluk?...damned if I know but I'd sure like to try one some time....:)

actually, Ancestry dot com has determined this is a lie. You're actually an extremely intelligent Aleut from the north pole. By the way, whaddya call a frenchy mukluk?...damned if I know but I'd sure like to try one some time....:)

Mocassin.

now I know!...coincidentally, I went swimming with my moccasins on and ended up in intensive care with snake bite poisoning....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back