PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy's 18yo Son Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
Just a thought. If someone here has the tech skills, and it can be done, would it be a good idea to send this entire thread to the Colts board?

That's a great idea; perhaps that's something Ian can do.

I cannot even imagine how devastating this must be for Coach Dungy and his family; though I don't like the Colts, nor do I like some of their players, I have always thought Dungy to be one of the good guys in the NFL coaching ranks.

Our thoughts are with you, Coach. God bless.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Just a thought. If someone here has the tech skills, and it can be done, would it be a good idea to send this entire thread to the Colts board?
Just linking it should do - moderators, please be extra quick and nasty to any who misuse this thread with inappropriate posts. Thanks.

OMG how horrible

Nothing like a terrible reality slap in the face to show us that our projected "hatred" of other people on other teams is not real, and that they are real humans just like us. Thoughts and prayers to Coach Dungy and his family.

At 40 to look back at all the things I've done and the people I've met (some of who have become life long friends) that would have never happened if I died at 18. It is a great tragedy any time someone that young dies for whatever reason.

:(

Sadness...so so tragic..prayers and thoughts go out to the Dungy family...Having teens and early twenties step children..I think about their paths all the time and just can NOT imagine how it would be.
There are times when football goes far back into the background..
Yes, is there a way to connect this to a Colts board?? OR other suggestion??

So sad.

Sad for the son who apparently felt his life was no longer worth living and took it by his own hand and especially sad for those people he left behind to bear the burden of his selfish act.

My prayers go out to all involved.

CTPatsFan said:
checked, I did over at indystar. What are some of the other sites?
Unfortunatly, I don't know any, I only come here.

PATSNUTme said:

I posted a link to this thread at the Star's message board.

Late arrival to the thread; but no less shocked and saddened than the rest of you. All our family's sympathies and prayers to Tony Dungy, his family and all the players/employees their lives have touched. God bless and care for/comfort them.

CTPatsFan said:
Well said, f2p. Far better said than I could come up with at this point.

Some guys at work here can't figure out why I'm so bummed about this news. I don't know why. Because as the father of 3 (soon to be 4), I can't imagine the feeling of pain and loss of a child, or is it because because of the rivalry thing and putting that aside for what's really important? I don't know. Seriously though, feels like I've been punched in the gut.

You guys are all class acts.

I want to thank everyone here for their sympathies and class on behalf of all Colts' fans. I know that there are many that would post the same, but are not registered here.

workhorse said:
I want to thank everyone here for their sympathies and class on behalf of all Colts' fans. I know that there are many that would post the same, but are not registered here.

Thank you for posting this thread over there so that they know we stand with them through this terrible time.

I'll add my name to the condolences. Can't even get on Indystar to pass along my sympathies because the server there is overwhelmed, I hope with well-wishers and not trash talkers. This is a devastating tragedy, and as others have said, as a Dad with two boys of my own, I can not even begin to imagine the toll something like this would take. Heartfelt sympathy for the Dungy family.

Just terrible. I have 2 children of my own. I just can't imagine what I would do. This definitely puts a damper on my football season. I won't nearly be able to enjoy it as much thinking about what happened to his son.

We have a father where I work who's son committed suicide at the age of 16. It has been like 8 months and every time I see him I can see the sadness in his eyes, even when he smiles.

I will be praying for Dungy and his family in this difficult time. Just terrrible.

I'm sure it's well-wishers. Coach Dungy is still very much loved in the Tampa area and in the Minnesota area as well. Fans from all over have a great deal of respect for him. I even frequent a Walt Disney World messageboard and there is a whole thread devoted to Coach Dungy and this tragedy.

Besids, the thought that anyone could trash talk though this horrible time just makes me sick.

This is truly sad news.Everything about it is devestating.My thoughts and prayers go out to the Dungy family.

Terrible..shocking and sad.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy family.

Just horrible, horrible news. Im sure coach appreciates all of the comments left here. I'll also connect this to my other Colts site I frequent.

dungy218.jpg

Man, what a horrible, heart-breaking thing.

Coach Dungy is a good guy and a strong man of God.

I pray that God will comfort the Dungy family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST