PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom: Let The Players Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The refs need to call fewer penalties. However, the players also need to be better schooled in how not to commit penalties. With the league making significant changes to the rules every offseason, it would seem part of these penalties is the result of players not understanding what is and is not a penalty.

In my opinion, the league would be wise to reprioritize what gets called more than just increase the number of penalties. As poor as it would be for defensive chess matches, the league could loosen up on offensive line holding since it protects quarterbacks and increases offensive output while emphasizing further penalties called for the shots to the head and knees.

Across the season, officiating teams should be kept to a set average of penalties to keep the game flowing while also protecting players. This is a product for entertainment, not a quibbling match.

the problem is the system the league office uses to determine post season assignments. if you miss penalties, the crew will get downgraded, and of course all the refs want be in the playoffs so...

the problem is the system the league office uses to determine post season assignments. if you miss penalties, the crew will get downgraded, and of course all the refs want be in the playoffs so...
Amen. Calling more penalties shoudn't be the goal. Rather, to keep the game moving determine the most egregious penalties to enforce. Ref teams that make the game safe but seamless are the true professionals because, like editing in movies, it is invisible.

Is Doug Marrone stupid?

I agree. Enough with the refs being bigger than the players. Again

Is that really TB12 saying that? He’s normally not that vocal against the NFL - he remains quite neutral. I agree with him but think this is very unlike him. Hope his account was hacked or something because it’s not a good look for him complaining against flags.

Is that really TB12 saying that? He’s normally not that vocal against the NFL - he remains quite neutral. I agree with him but think this is very unlike him. Hope his account was hacked or something because it’s not a good look for him complaining against flags.
somebody is farting continuously in YOUR workplace...YOU keep quiet?

Ratings tonight are in the sewer, Omissioner...what do we do??????

"Suspend Brady for under rating!!! 10 games!!"

I wouldn’t tweet about it so the entire company and the world knows. Would goto HR.

Maybe Tom had a few Avocado Ales tonight.

I wouldn’t tweet about it so the entire company and the world knows. Would goto HR.
well aren't YOU just the modicum of propriety...hey, how DO you get groceries all the way up to the kitchen in your ivory tower anyway?

let me rephrase..can I use your nose for a ski slope?

Stay classy. Farts, ivory tower, nose....great response to a legit comment. You are the cesspool of social media.

Anyways - don’t think it suits Tom to tweet about refs and flags. He’s still a player in the league and he has always been neutral about these types of things. I still feel it wasn’t him and someone else using his account or something.

Tom’s not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing