PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

as someone else said, I was also 27 in 01....starting next stage in my life with a wedding in less than a year, buying a house, etc....I was in that s h I t t y stadium the day Mo Lewis took out Bledsoe.
Brady made the Patriots the best team in the NFL, won 6 titles and made the franchise must see NFL TV ... something we never would've though just 10 years earlier in 1991 when I went to my first game in a near empty Foxboro stadium.
Boston sports fans my age - not the many carpetbaggers on this forum - never had the best...we were too young for the Big Bad Bruins, The Bird Celtics won 3 titles but the Lakers won 5...the Sox had some good teams, made playoffs and world Series but blew it...the Pats always sucked outside of 85/86... the bruins in the 80s/90s always lost in the end
Tom Brady changed the narrative of Loserville. He shoved it right up Dan Shaughnessys curly haired bf azz and delivered 6 titles and 9 conference championships.
He's ours. And we should be proud to say it
Thanks Tom Brady, you're the f u c k I n g GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Its the same feeling I got from WWE trying to to go back to it. Just wasnt the same without all the people I grew up with. I dont have that connection with the newer players.

With that said... time eventually moves on and now its a new era.
My point, enjoy the game not the players.

The fact is until tomorrow he only lost against Tom in the playoffs

I just need Mahomes to lose either tomorrow or in the Super Bowl. That’s all I ask. Because while there’s no denying he has a decade plus of incredible play ahead of him the window of his offensive genius coach and the supporting cast around him is slowly shutting because they’re all getting old. Especially Reid who is 65 and uhh not healthy. Also he might be playing in a division with Herbert, Rodgers, and maybe Watson in Vegas.

That’s why there’s a thing called… trading up.
New Orleans tried to trade up ahead of us to take Mac and couldn't find a willing partner.

If by some magical happenstance BB signed Tom in 2020 he would have borrowed against even more cap to put a better team around him... it would have been dumb.

Moving on was the right decision for both parties. Math doesn't lie.

Also, where's Godwin gonna go?
I'd like to think Arians / Licht will do whatever they can to resign him.

Though...announcing to the coaching staff to go seek employment elsewhere could mean the Bucs are onboard with a "Suck out loud for Stroud" 2022 season.

I said it when he left and will say so again. This guy and BB brought me joy as a Pats fan that surpassed my wildest imaginings that began when Jim Plunkett came to town. I was not sad or mad at BB when he left, I wanted him to be able to finish his career exactly on his terms. I hope he is happy, healthy, and successful and that he has more time with his kids, time we parents know goes by all too quickly.

I'd like to think Arians / Licht will do whatever they can to resign him.

Though...announcing to the coaching staff to go seek employment elsewhere could mean the Bucs are onboard with a "Suck out loud for Stroud" 2022 season.
If Kyle Trask plays well they have a chance to remain relevant.

He's on a rookie deal so they can move money around and make it work.

Aside from family, what's Brady's next life goal? Aspire to achieve his Senior PGA Tour card?

Playing on repeat right now in the heads of Deus and all of the TompaGronka boys.

Thoughts and prayers, boys…..

NFLN starting the SB51 highlight show right now (4:15 eastern)

As I said, Brady's just trying to figure out the best path to get the **** out of Tampa.

If Kyle Trask plays well they have a chance to remain relevant.

He's on a rookie deal so they can move money around and make it work.

The kiss of death for the modern NFL franchise. :evil:

Honestly what is happening?

Tom Brady is now one upping Aaron Rodgers who was planning to get everyone to speculate about him. This is S tier psychological warfare

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back