Not open for further replies.

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If you're a player how can you not love this man? He recognizes he's been blessed with great support and looks to pay it forward to his teammates. Yet there is a sizeable portion of the media and a legion of haters that live to tear him down, smdh. Just felt these quotes deserved to be seen

From his WEEI morning interview:

“There’s a lot of human elements and I think because as a player and a person I care deeply about my teammates," Brady said. "I want everyone to be the best they can possibly be. From the day I started with this team, even back I’d say in college, it’s such a tight-nit group and you want everyone to become they best they can possibly be and you try to provide leadership. You try to care for people. You try to provide whatever you think you can to help them reach their highest potential, whatever situation it is. I’ve had a lot of teammates over the years. You invest not just your head, but your heart. You invest your soul. That is what makes a great team. That is what makes a great brotherhood. I think in the end, that is the endearing trait about sports.

"For me, it is the relationships I get to build because they are very meaningful. That is at the heart of philosophically my life. It’s really about great relationships and seeing guys from all different backgrounds, I think it brings all of us together in so many ways. I had a privilege of a great upbringing, parents that were deeply committed, sisters that supported me, great friends. I think from my standpoint, I just try to provide the best I can, those types of things."

(emphasis added)

Tom Brady on GHS: Antonio Brown release 'a difficult situation,' details how he wants to get most out of teammates

Thanks for sharing. I don't listen to Boston radio, living far away, so these interviews with Coach and Brady are useful. Everything else, not so much, which is why I don't seek them out on the interweb.

It was a great interview that is applicable to all facets of life. Many of the things he said i apply to my family my business and my customers.

Amen. I've worked hard to instill the core values Brady expressed in our boys. In each of their rooms growing up was a sign that read 'I give you the gift of these four words: I believe in you.' When they were teens headed out the door my stock phrase was "Make good decisions and remember, I believe in you." I gave the signs to them when they moved out and it warms me to see them in their own children's rooms now.

I think I might have a cavity after consuming such sugary sweetness.

The irony is that he is not interested in coaching when he finally does retire.
There must be a role for him with this team when his playing days are over.

Sorry, my bad. I should have placed a "WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS POSITIVITY" notice on it

Fixed ... :cool:

Replace Heir Goodell....

Am sure that Tom has a soft spot for people being excoriated in the media after the nonsense he went through with the league and the media. The hit his reputation took and being labeled a cheater in some circles after conducting himself with so much class and integrity over the years is probably what bothers me the most about the entire fiasco. Am sure his inclination is to give people the benefit of the doubt and try and help them focus on what they can control. We've been blessed to have him represent the team we root for.

Maybe this is why I relate more to BB. Everyone in my workplace could move away and I’d not care one bit as long as the work is done by someone competent. In fact, I’d trade them - even the ones I “like” - for better coworkers !

Brady seems to genuinely love the relationships he has built. Probably one of the many reasons he is an excellent leader.

If you're a player how can you not love this man?
I love him and I'm not even a player.

Back in '01 we really needed a new starting QB; but it was clear as the season progressed that Tom was different. He was everything I would have asked for or wanted in a new quarterback. I think it was clear to a lot of people besides me, after how we finished the deal in the SuperDome, that this was the beginning of a great career.

I'd go to war with him anytime.

Running the official TB12 drink concession? :D

Tom-Brady-Electrolyte-water.png

[Someone posted a photoshopped version of this with a label like "Other teams' fan tears", wish I'd have bookmarked it]

It does say a lot about the Deadspin author when he calls Tom's insights into life and relationships "rambling incomprehensively". Perhaps as he experiences more of life, he may come to appreciate such insights as truly useful and important, an essential aspect of life that we can all do better at rather than garbage to be ignored as we continue on our own self-serving ways. /off soap box

I hear ya! But for everyone who snarks at Giselle, let's face it - - she has been an enormous factor in him becoming so Zen and getting to this point. She does all this New Age stuff and people can be sarcastic and all, but this has brought alot of peace and depth to Tom. At 42, most of the game is mental. He's in a great place.

Great story.

The Deadspin dunce was projecting his own inane, idiotic drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots