PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady motivation & productivity, past & future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if the PATS keep WINNING Super Bowls, Jimmy matters not to me at all.

Felger said the other day that we are going to hear about it all off season. I say BS if the Pats win their 6th, and repeat for the second time, and go 3 out of 4 for the second time, and the Pats are favored again for next year, as always.

If the Pats win this SB and they still go on and on about Jimmy I will call them and let them know what I think. They are idiots.
Tuned in a couple days ago and they vilified a caller concerned about league bias against the Patriots.

So, I am supposed to believe that a made up infraction and punishment for murder relating to taping the sidelines could have happened to any of the other 31 teams.

And I am supposed to believe that fabricated transgressions regarding ball inflation eight years later with equally insane punishments could have happened to any of the other 31 teams.

Then, Big Jim Murray says that two correctly called replay reversals by the officials the last month prove there is no league conspiracy against the Patriots.

Conclusive evidence that local media has fueled national propaganda for generations now. Thanks, CHB...

When the topic of motivation and Tom come up it's a interesting thing. Obviously Tom has a built -in motivation to excel and achieve. You can't reach his level of GOATness without it. It sustaining. With that said does he have "bla" days where he needs to find a little something to give him a boost? Maybe reading a 2000 NFL Combine Report or a backup QB outperforming in practice. Maybe a CB talking trash. He's human. It's ok to do that.

With that said I won't believe for a second Tom was slacking in 2013 and drafting Jimmy motivated Tom. No way.
Ok, so we disagree and that’s not a big deal. The truth is, we’ll never know.

It’s just my opinion is that Tom is hyper-competitive both inside and out. And if he stood beside JG and realized he was the real deal, he’d crank it up 3 levels and search for other ways to keep ahead.

I think in some ways, Tom is a little insecure deep down. It’s common in many over achievers. And that’s not an insulting comment, just my opinion based on watching & listening to him all these years

Ok, so we disagree and that’s not a big deal. The truth is, we’ll never know.

It’s just my opinion is that Tom is hyper-competitive both inside and out. And if he stood beside JG and realized he was the real deal, he’d crank it up 3 levels and search for other ways to keep ahead.

I think in some ways, Tom is a little insecure deep down. It’s common in many over achievers. And that’s not an insulting comment, just my opinion based on watching & listening to him all these years
I think we actually agree. We are approaching it differently.

Insecurity drives greatness. I really believe that. Tom is supremely confident player but to think he doesn't have his insecurities would be short-sighted.

I think there were times Jimmy pushed Tom. I just don't think he NEEDED it 24 x 7 x 365.

So my point is in 2014 I think Tom would have kicked ass. Did Jimmy "help" him. At times, sure but he wasn't THE motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back