PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is still the #1 QB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Declining? More like getting better. He looked like 2007 Tom Terrific last night

Agreed. In 2007 he just happened to have a receiver who was the G.O.A.T. at hauling in slightly inaccurate deep passes.

And in an even more extreme case than Manning, Brady has learned to be MORE mobile late in his career.

after blasting through every division leader in professional football save one.

You probably didn't mean what you wrote. Teams in the NFL, should they stay alive that long, play teams from 5 of 8 divisions in the regular season, more teams from those divisions in the playoffs, and (usually but not always) a team from a 6th division in the Super Bowl.

You were full of crap in that thread and you are full of crap putting out that same strawman argument again.

Posters were saying that the renegotiate puts more flexibility sometime IN THE FUTURE years out if things head south. No one was saying "he is gone".

You are making up some sort of argument against posters who don't exist.

Seriously, you are more dangerously obsessed than Christian Cat was with Tim Tebow.

Hopefully your family can intervene because it isn't healthy.

I was going to give you a break because I like you, but if you're going to call me "unhealthily obsessed" because I followed up this weeks Divisional Round with `Tom is still #1 despite grossly idiotic opinions` thread, then I may as well just take you to task.

Your were taking up the position that Belichick `possibly` views a back up rookie quarterback with zero credentials as Tom Brady's successor, to the degree that Tom Brady might be getting released because of his latest contract renegotiation, in which he received a raise.

If you still don't understand, this opinion had ZERO basis for speculation,and certainly ZERO basis for the advancement of a narrative, and was a straight up Felger troll stance, interjecting outright Florio-level stupidity into the conversation, which you weren't just passively throwing out there, but aggressively defending with a certain level of hostility that I am not the only one who called you out for.

Now after that has flatly shown to be A-grade ******ed tier opinion formulating, you want to wash your hands of it, and call me "unhealthily obsessed" for being of the justifiable opinion that Tom Brady REMAINS a superior QB to Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and other media darlings.

If I could sum that up in one word, it would be "laughable."

Do you still want to aggressively argue that Tom is on his way out the door, or has this weekend showed you why I was telling you it was completely stupid?

Yes or no?

If I were making the argument that Belichick was on his way out the door, using my own imagination and nothing actually substantial, like this previous conversation was doing, I would expect to be taken to task for how baseless and stupid it is.

Though I suppose afterwards I could call the Belichick defenders "unhealthily obsessed" just to be snarky in defeat.

Last edited:
Yes. This. Exactly.

Waiting for all the "The Patriots renegotiated to release Tom," "Tom in decline," "start Jimmy Nobody," and "Rodgers is #1" crowd to come out and play but I don't think they have much to say today.

While your man crush is adorable, to characterize the Grantland theory as "the Patriots renegotiated to release Tom" is the strawiest of straw men. The idea was for both sides to have flexibility in the event that the Pats determine in the future that they want to move on prior to 2017, not that the Pats have already decided to move on prior to 2017.

While your man crush is adorable, to characterize the Grantland theory as "the Patriots renegotiated to release Tom" is the strawiest of straw men. The idea was for both sides to have flexibility in the event that the Pats determine in the future that they want to move on prior to 2017, not that the Pats have already decided to move on prior to 2017.

You're telling me?

Why don't you tell the people I was arguing with?

And where does speculation that Belichick wants to move on to JAG come into this equation?

Once again, Tom Brady, being the best QB in football, isn't going anywhere when he is playing for an ultimate team friendly deal of peanuts compared to other QBs in football who are getting more than twice what he makes. If the Patriots released a Brady making 8 million a year, they would reveal themselves to be one of the stupidest front officers in football, which they aren't, just like arguing that this was potentially their motive is the stupidest argument currently in the NFL.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
BTW, if you want to argue points from the other thread, argue them in the other thread, so I can properly quote all the stupidity.

You're telling me?

Why don't you tell the people I was arguing with?

And where does speculation that Belichick wants to move on to JAG come into this equation?

Once again, Tom Brady, being the best QB in football, isn't going anywhere when he is playing for an ultimate team friendly deal of peanuts compared to other QBs in football who are getting more than twice what he makes. If the Patriots released a Brady making 8 million a year, they would reveal themselves to be one of the stupidest front officers in football, which they aren't, just like arguing that this was potentially their motive is the stupidest argument currently in the NFL.

It just comes from BB's M.O. and the reality of aging athletes. If they think JG can play, there are benefits to moving on---1. they could save some money short term on the QB position that could be used to bolster other areas and 2. they would have the opportunity to lock JG up long term on a team friendly deal before the end of his rookie contract. You're right that this all depends on whether they think JG can play. The Pats themselves might not know this yet.

It just comes from BB's M.O. and the reality of aging athletes. If they think JG can play, there are benefits to moving on---1. they could save some money short term on the QB position that could be used to bolster other areas and 2. they would have the opportunity to lock JG up long term on a team friendly deal before the end of his rookie contract. You're right that this all depends on whether they think JG can play. The Pats themselves might not know this yet.

Thank you for posting this. It's a great example of the dumb arguments I took it upon myself to contest in the other thread, since arguments this dumb should always be contested. Like I said, Florio level.

Maybe why you don't see this as absurd right now is because you're pretending JAG is some QB prodigy, which is exactly what I said I suspected this line of thinking game from in the other thread, which, once again, is utterly baseless.

He isn't Andrew Luck. He's a certifiable nobody compared to who he is sitting behind. It's akin to speculation that Green Bay is moving on to Matt Flynn because they think `he might be the guy and it'll save cap.` Totally ridiculous.

Am I the only one who thinks this garbage, going on since week #4, is tiresome as hell?

I don't mind speculating on things but it has to be based on something more than throwing mud.

There is no quarterback controversy in New England.

Zero.

None.

Nadda.

Belichick doesn't want another quarterback, right from his own mouth, so just stop.

The end of a career for aging Hall of Famers sucks enough as it is. Just look at how Denver fans are ripping Peyton to shreds, or how Miami fans were ripping on Marino back in the day.

So we really need to start it here in New England 2 or 3 years prematurely before e he even declines? Sorry, you can call it a Brady mancrush if you think that's funny, but it's pretty disrespectful, which doesn't surprise me considering the integrity of Boston sports media.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. It's a great example of the dumb arguments I took it upon myself to contest in the other thread, since arguments this dumb should always be contested. Like I said, Florio level.

Maybe why you don't see this as absurd right now is because you're pretending JAG is some QB prodigy, which is exactly what I said I suspected this line of thinking game from in the other thread, which, once again, is utterly baseless.

He isn't Andrew Luck. He's a certifiable nobody compared to who he is sitting behind. It's akin to speculation that Green Bay is moving on to Matt Flynn because they think `he migh t be the guy and it'll save cap.` Totally ridiculous.

Am I the only one who thinks this garbage, going on since week #4, is tiresome as hell?

I don't mind speculating on things but it has to be based on something more than throwing mud.

You are ignoring the relevant facts. Matt Flynn was a seventh round, obviously developmental pick that was made when Aaron Rodgers was 25 years old. JG was a second round pick made when Tom Brady was 37 years old. Following this and the banishment of Logan Mankins to Tampa Bay, Brady's camp agrees to convert a guaranteed contract to a nonguaranteed one, which allows the Patriots to cut him without salary cap consequences and at the same time allows him to perhaps double his current contract on the open market and choose his team. None of this means that the Patriots view JG as the Man, but it does mean that both parties are acting like it is at least a possibility that should be planned for. I and most others, I think, are not saying anything more than that. I'm not sure why you're getting so hysterical about it.

You are ignoring the relevant facts. Matt Flynn was a seventh round, obviously developmental pick that was made when Aaron Rodgers was 25 years old. JG was a second round pick made when Tom Brady was 37 years old. Following this and the banishment of Logan Mankins to Tampa Bay, Brady's camp agrees to convert a guaranteed contract to a nonguaranteed one, which allows the Patriots to cut him without salary cap consequences and at the same time allows him to perhaps double his current contract on the open market and choose his team. None of this means that the Patriots view JG as the Man, but it does mean that both parties are acting like it is at least a possibility that should be planned for. I and most others, I think, are not saying anything more than that. I'm not sure why you're getting so hysterical about it.

You consider Tom Brady expendable right now?

Do you enjoy being a Superbowl contender or would you rather be discussing the draft, or how we're going to hold off Miami and Buffalo from taking our division?

Please list JG's accomplishments and accolades outside being drafted. Geno Smith was drafted too. Big deal.

I'm not sure why you're getting so hysterical about it.

I'm not hysterical, but it's annoying, and if you want to know exactly why, it's because this has been going on since the first month of the season, with Patriot haters in the media trying to conjure quarterback controversies out of thin air, and Trent Dilfer doing a tap dance on what he thought was New England's grave.

Then Brady went into an MVP caliber season and so these people and their ilk have had to refine their arguments into idiotic speculation without any basis or credibility, Zero, purely to keep their narrative afloat.

To be perfectly honest, I would be annoyed and disappointed in New England's fan base if I thought for one moment I was alone in defending Tom from this trash, but thankfully I know that I'm not.

Seriously, you are more dangerously obsessed than Christian Cat was with Tim Tebow.

I know youre a mod, but tread lightly when it comes to the Christian Kitty. Say Tebows name 3 times on this forum and she will appear with great fury and sensitivity.

Do you enjoy being a Superbowl contender or would you rather be discussing the draft, or how we're going to hold off Miami and Buffalo from taking our division?

Please list JG's accomplishments and accolades outside being drafted. Geno Smith was drafted too. Big deal.

Obviously you can't discuss this rationally. I feel like you're responding to some other post. None of your "points" are responsive to mine. As I've said multiple times now, Brady and the Patriots are preparing for the CONTINGENCY of JG being good enough to make Brady expendable. I'M NOT SAYING THAT IS THE REALITY, AT LEAST YET.

Obviously you can't discuss this rationally. I feel like you're responding to some other post. None of your "points" are responsive to mine. As I've said multiple times now, Brady and the Patriots are preparing for the CONTINGENCY of JG being good enough to make Brady expendable. I'M NOT SAYING THAT IS THE REALITY, AT LEAST YET.

Won't happen before we're approaching on retirement territory for #12 making the point pretty much moot.
Doubtful Tom is going to play beyond the conclusion of his contract, and JG isn't going to become an MVP candidate next year, or the year after.

I really don't understand why this is so hard to wrap your head around.

If it "isn't the reality" then stop talking about it.

I don't think the sky is blue because we live in the eye of a giant named Mucumba, but I also don't spend my time arguing that "it's possible" either

I was going to give you a break because I like you, but if you're going to call me "unhealthily obsessed" because I followed up this weeks Divisional Round with `Tom is still #1 despite grossly idiotic opinions` thread, then I may as well just take you to task.

Your were taking up the position that Belichick `possibly` views a back up rookie quarterback with zero credentials as Tom Brady's successor, to the degree that Tom Brady might be getting released because of his latest contract renegotiation, in which he received a raise.

If you still don't understand, this opinion had ZERO basis for speculation,and certainly ZERO basis for the advancement of a narrative, and was a straight up Felger troll stance, interjecting outright Florio-level stupidity into the conversation, which you weren't just passively throwing out there, but aggressively defending with a certain level of hostility that I am not the only one who called you out for.

Now after that has flatly shown to be A-grade ******ed tier opinion formulating, you want to wash your hands of it, and call me "unhealthily obsessed" for being of the justifiable opinion that Tom Brady REMAINS a superior QB to Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and other media darlings.

If I could sum that up in one word, it would be "laughable."

You still don't understand the concept of FUTURE. Enjoy thinking Tom Brady will be playing at this level at age 45.

It is my fervent hope that Tom is playing THIS well in 2015, 2016, and YES 2017. But IF he isn't, and IF he isn't happy with his situation here, both sides now have more flexibility on the options.

.........btw, there is no Santa Claus and what your parents told you about your pet dog "going to live on a nice farm" wasn't true either.

He simply cannot comprehend that.

Letekro, I think we're wasting our time with a kid with kaleidoscope eyes on this.

He is simply inventing strawmen.

You still don't understand the concept of FUTURE. Enjoy thinking Tom Brady will be playing at this level at age 45.

It is my fervent hope that Tom is playing THIS well in 2015, 2016, and YES 2017. But IF he isn't, and IF he isn't happy with his situation here, both sides now have more flexibility on the options.

.........btw, there is no Santa Claus and what your parents told you about your pet dog "going to live on a nice farm" wasn't true either.

In the other thread you were arguing the possibility that Belichick thinks JG is Tom's successor because "he has never said one way or the other," to paraphrase.

This weekend he said "There's no quarterback I'd rather have than Tom Brady."

So I think we can close the book on your speculations into the mind of Belichick. I don't even know why he would have to say that to convince you, since he already laughed at the reporter who asked him if QB evaluations were in order. Maybe he needs to hold a presser and inform the world all the reasons why JG couldn't hold Tom's jock strap for you to finally just abandon this farce while it isn't even close to relevant

Holy crap! WHERE in his post did he say that?????????

You have a tragic reading comprehension problem, and THAT is the foundation of all this silliness.

Your complete inability to process the English language is wasting everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results