PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is still the #1 QB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is why Tom is, and what makes him, the best ever NFL quarterback. A quote from a good write on the game.

The play put the Patriots ahead for the first time in the game, giving them a 35-31 lead and a sliver of a cushion with 5:13 remaining. On a day when Brady made his share of inaccurate throws, the game-winner may have been his best.

As far as he was concerned, though, all he did was execute against the weakness of the defense that the Ravens presented in that particular moment.

"I mean, if you get the opportunity you’ve got to take advantage of it," Brady said. "There are strengths and weaknesses to every defense. If they’re going to press, you’ve got to hit some of those, and it was nice to be able to do that.

"If they’re going to play off, you throw in front. If they’re going to press, you try to throw it over them. If they’re covering you outside you throw it inside. It’s just a chess match all game. We hit a couple early and then we made some plays that we needed to late. We needed those."

It was a cool and logical dissection of Baltimore's defense from a quarterback who approached that entire drive as though it were an equation to be solved. LaFell said Brady's demeanor late in the game rubbed off on the rest of the offensive huddle.

"It felt like a long damn practice," LaFell said. "Everybody's tired. Everybody's complaining, and you look at Tom and he's just calm. He's putting us in the right play. He's spreading the ball around to make plays for us."
http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/lafell-bradys-game-winner-perfect-throw

I really wonder if you will continue to be a Patriot fan after Brady leaves. Your obsession with him and constantly trying to prove something about him is borderline insane. That said, I do think he is the best QB in the game.

I really wonder if you will continue to be a Patriot fan after Brady leaves. Your obsession with him and constantly trying to prove something about him is borderline insane. That said, I do think he is the best QB in the game.

The guy has been dumped on all season long, to the point, unbelievably, that "Patriot fans" have started justifying his release, while radio personalities spend 5 hour a day using bizarro arguments and idiotic cherry picking to convince everybody he's now a horrible quarterback.

Then, as near single handedly as is possible in the game of football, wins an all time classic playoff game when down 14 points twice after blasting through every division leader in professional football save one.

If a reality-check thread about Brady is too much for you, roll on to the 49'ers forum where you'll only have to hear about Colin WhatsHisFace

Seriously? How dare someone have an obsession with the greatest QB of all time

Why the hell would you have an issue with a Brady thread on a Patriots forum anyway?

Last edited:
Yes, many, he's in decline, didn't you hear? Rodgers is #1 because ESPN said so, we renegotiated Brady's contract to release him, and Belichick `drafted JAG to prepare to move on`

I am a big Brady fan and believe he's the GOAT but imo Rodgers has been the best QB in the league the past couple of seasons.

I am a big Brady fan and believe he's the GOAT but imo Rodgers has been the best QB in the league the past couple of seasons.

He's gone one and done last 3, and his 2011 `QBR` season was overrated. That was the year of the lock out when there was no training camp and defenses came out incompetent for the first half of the season. On top of that benefit he had a pitifully weak schedule. That season, following his SB, is sort of his claim to fame season and I think it was highly exaggerated by fantasy-football minded people. Eli ended him in his own stadium in the 1st round.

Also, I don't believe Rodgers comes close to winning last nights game. His stats show he isn't the most clutch QB thats ever walked the face of the Earth.

Granted he only has one leg right now in this playoff game, but given his apparent lack of clutch gene when down, and how he holds the ball too long even when healthy, only Andy Dalton could lose this game.

He has an impressive skill set but he has a lot of overlooked weaknesses

Last edited:
I'm guessing you missed his outburst in the Bedard Listening Thread.

Out burst? Try to follow a conversation. I was explaining to people who were coming up with "Brady is gone" conspiracy theories, with no actual evidence for any of it, why they were wrong.

The guy has been dumped on all season long, to the point, unbelievably, that "Patriot fans" have started justifying his release, while radio personalities spend 5 hour a day using bizarro arguments and idiotic cherry picking to convince everybody he's now a horrible quarterback.

Then, as near single handedly as is possible in the game of football, wins an all time classic playoff game when down 14 points twice after blasting through every division leader in professional football save one.

If a reality-check thread about Brady is too much for you, roll on to the 49'ers forum where you'll only have to hear about Colin WhatsHisFace
Brady is the GOAT. You don't need to state it every chance you get. You really are obsessed with Brady and it's fine because you seem like an okay guy. I'm just saying you take this more personally than anyone on the board.

Out burst? Try to follow a conversation. I was explaining to people who were coming up with "Brady is gone" conspiracy theories, with no actual evidence for any of it, why they were wrong.
I read every comment in the thread. I even took the time to defend you. No one in that thread wanted to get rid of Brady now or the immediate future. But if he ever started to decline harshly, you took it as a personal insult that Belichick wouldn't look to find an appropriate solution.

Brady is the GOAT. You don't need to state it every chance you get. You really are obsessed with Brady and it's fine because you seem like an okay guy. I'm just saying you take this more personally than anyone on the board.

Ok, I think you have problems keeping up. No offense.

This is a forum for football discussions.

So when people start saying "Brady is moving on, that's why he restructured his contract, Belichick thinks JAG is the next guy", that warrants... opposition.

Then, when Brady breaks a bunch of GOAT post season records in an epic play off game, on a season where he is apparently no longer any good, that warrants a thread.

Feel free to post in another conversation if Brady's level of play, his comparison to other Quarterbacks, and his status with the Patriots, is too much for you to get on board with. I don't remember sending you any emails asking you to come along.

Last edited:
The Gronk TD drive shows how much smarter Brady is than the rest of the league

I read every comment in the thread. I even took the time to defend you. No one in that thread wanted to get rid of Brady now or the immediate future. But if he ever started to decline harshly, you took it as a personal insult that Belichick wouldn't look to find an appropriate solution.

No, you're rewriting the conversation.

People were speculating he was gone because of his contract renegotiation which made zero sense.

May as well start from the top. Anyone remember this little gem?

"A football team, somewhere in New England..."
I guess now everybody knows where that somewhere is, and from where we are now, it's hard to imagine going to my first football game as a kid, and sitting in those bleachers that were no better than the ones I later saw on my High School field, having no idea what was going on. To put `somewhere in New England` on the map, it took Tom Brady, 3 Superbowl trophies, and rewriting the history of everything that was apparently supposed to be.

The Greatest show on turf.
You're backed up and have to play for overtime.
Peyton the Chosen One
The Steeler Dynasty that never was.
"He'll never be the same when he returns from his ACL"
The 5-3 2011 Patriots are done.
Denver just has too many weapons.
No Longer a Top 5 QB
Tom is in decline
They're just not good anymore
Tom Brady will never reach another Superbowl.

And so here we are.

So let's get to it.

Nobody else in this league, or even the HISTORY of this league, would have been able to come back from two 14 point deficits to beat that Ravens team in the plays offs. Not in that game. Not in any other. Not in the urgency and pressure of the single elimination post-season.

Why are we so sure?

Because no one ever has.

Not Rodgers, not Brees, not Peyton.

Not Montana, not Elway, not Marino.

Nobody.

This isn't the regular season. This is the playoffs, and all of them, every single one, would of folded like a cheap tent at worst, or came up short, walking off the field in defeat, their season over, at best.

No running the football, spotty protection from the offensive line, spotty performance by the defense, no attempt to even pretend to be anything other than one dimensional, passing through the air.

Just Tom Brady throwing to his boys.

Show me someone who claims another could do what Tom does, and I'll show you someone who is full of crap. Like Denver on the sidelines, getting their asses kicked in the Superbowl, with one of their coaches telling their team, "We can come back. We've already seen it before this year, against us, in New England."

There's only one problem, Coach.

Tom Brady is not your quarterback.

Peyton would of cracked, wilted, and went home last night. Brees would of fell to pieces. Rodgers would of started getting sacked all over the place.

Aaron Rodgers, for all his talent, and all his ability, is Mr. Irrelevant in the 4th quarter of football games that are of the variety in which Tom Brady proves he is still the man. For everything this man is, for all his attributes and assets as an NFL quarterback, he no Tom Brady.

Drew Brees? I've heard of her, but she doesn't seem to be around when it matters very often. He was sitting at home last night watching Cam Newton and his 7-8-1 Panthers play awful football against the Seahawks.

Peyton? With all due respect to him, he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as our quarterback.

That's the difference between Tom Brady intangibles and all the other guys.

Compared to Tom Brady, that's really all they are. Throw them all in a category together. They're all just "the other guys." Media darlings for week #6, and hot commodities for fantasy football, an imaginary game.

The Steelers, the Colts, the Chargers, the Jets, the Broncos, the Ravens
Since 2001, all these teams have come and gone, risen up to challenge us as our rivals, and fallen back into irrelevancy. Each has come thinking they were New England's equal, just like the one before them, and each has fallen back into mediocrity, just like the one before them.

Wide receivers come, wide receivers go. Offensive linemen come, offensive linemen go. Some years we've had a defense, sometimes we haven't. It just never seems to matter.

Tom Brady remains.

Still the best quarterback in the National Football League, and the greatest quarterback there ever was.

People have their narratives, but who has the time?
The New England Patriots, in the Tom Brady era, are on to AFC Championship game number nine.

I've never read something so right. You just brought a tear to my eye. I will appreciate Brady while he is here and appreciate him more when he is gone. Tom Brady is the GOAT. Montana was great but he has the luxury of playing before the salary cap era with better defenses and WRs (Steve Young also won SBs with the same team and people give Brady crap for Cassel having a 11-5 record when Brady was out), imagine Brady with Moss, or even Law, Milloy, Mcginest, Vrabel and Bruschi for a few more seasons. Unfortunately, haters, especially the Manning owned media and other bitter fanbases will continue to use Spygate against him. If he wins the Superbowl this season, he would have to win two more to convince them he's great and even that probably won't be good enough. Brady can be imitated but never duplicated, there will never be another like him, he is a once in a lifetime QB and I will enjoy him while he lasts.

I think Bradys will to win is very underrated part of his game. I strongly believe no other QB could've led us back from two TD deficit twice in a postseason game other than him. His will to win is contagious and you can tell the team woke up when he got fired up in the first TD he scored yesterday.

Tim Tebow? Not saying he's on Brady's level, but...

But at the end of the day. Montana is still 4-0 in super bowls and has never thrown and int in a Super Bowl. Brady needs one more to jump him. Just my opinion

Moot point. Brady has played in one more Superbowl game than Montana so Brady is more likely to throw an INT in a SB than Montana, Brady's odds of losing are also higher. If Brady wins it all this year, they will still make him out to be less than Montana, all because Brady lost 2 or Brady "cheated" in his first three, or Brady this or Brady that. The media will never appreciate him or his greatness, they are too busy trying to bury him in favor of Manning, Luck, Rodgers or Wilson and observers know that they are not even close to Brady. The NFL will sink once Brady retires, like the NBA did when Jordan left.

Moot point. Brady has played in one more Superbowl game than Montana so Brady is more likely to throw an INT in a SB than Montana, Brady's odds of losing are also higher. If Brady wins it all this year, they will still make him out to be less than Montana, all because Brady lost 2 or Brady "cheated" in his first three, or Brady this or Brady that. The media will never appreciate him or his greatness, they are too busy trying to bury him in favor of Manning, Luck, Rodgers or Wilson and observers know that they are not even close to Brady. The NFL will sink once Brady retires, like the NBA did when Jordan left.

I disagree about the nfl sinking once Brady leaves. That being said Montana was great. Brady is great. Brady gets the 4th, he's officially the GOAT.

No, you're rewriting the conversation.

People were speculating he was gone because of his contract renegotiation which made zero sense.

You were full of crap in that thread and you are full of crap putting out that same strawman argument again.

Posters were saying that the renegotiate puts more flexibility sometime IN THE FUTURE years out if things head south. No one was saying "he is gone".

You are making up some sort of argument against posters who don't exist.

Seriously, you are more dangerously obsessed than Christian Cat was with Tim Tebow.

Hopefully your family can intervene because it isn't healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST