PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady and his insane Super Bowl stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me understand this. To be above .500 is to have a winning record. How can Brady be the only QB with a winning record if the next closest guy is "barely" (yet still) above .500?
I worded it ambiguously. The next closest guy is slightly below .500, and I believe it to be Drew Brees. Any of our board statistician can post the actual numbers.

I'm glad the Pats won their last two Super Bowls. If the GOAT lost those, he would be 3-4 in the Super Bowl and viewed a little differently than he is today and probably permanently out of the conversation for GOAT.

Thank goodness the good guys won. :)

Not a little differently, haters would point to his SB record as the defining argument for why he shouldn't be considered GOAT.

Luckily, history had other plans. I mean, when a ubiquitously consumed product like Madden refers to Brady as G.O.A.T by inference, you know that title is now pretty much canonized.

I've (we've all) been praying for years following '07 for Brady to just get that elusive 4th ring, and I'd die happy. Never did I imagine the 4th would materialize in such dramatic fashion and record breaking QB play. Let alone then getting a 5th two years later in an even more dramatic fashion with even greater QB play! If we all still shake our heads in disbelief, so do the haters. The sheer magnitude of greatness from these wins have left the haters with simply no ammunition against Brady's GOAT status.

Oh what a lovely position to be in as fans. :)

Most important stat of all 5 Rings..

Does anything in the NFL think that anyone ever can come close to matching the numbers that #12 has put up in playoffs and Super Bowls???

I think that is a bit short-sighted. So much depends on others.

Look at 2007. Brady struggled throughout but drove late to score the go-ahead touchdown. And if Asante just..I don't want to get started. But Brady could have had his 4th ring then. Brady did his job.

In 2011 it was that Welker drop, but had the D held on, that's 5. Meanwhile in 2014, Brady led an epic comeback, but if Butler doesn't make that interception, Brady is potentially 3-3 in Super Bowls.

The point is that sometimes it's totally out of a QB's control. Brady did enough to potentially be 7-0, but I don't blame him for the 2 losses. It's about more than just him.

The OP mentioned records. His wins as a quarterback is a record. I wasn't even focusing on the losses. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think you might've misinterpreted what I was getting at

I understand it's more of a team thing, but the quarterback is so important

I was looking at these earlier and realized something. These will probably never be broken in our lifetime unless they get rid of the salary cap. And even then it's unlikely. This is just Super Bowl stats, not even playoffs, which include unreal stuff like Brady being at 25 playoff wins, and the next best being 16.

Career Pass Attempts

1. Tom Brady 309
2. Peyton Manning 155
3. John Elway 152
4. Jim Kelly 145
5. Kurt Warner 132

Career Passes Completed

1. Tom Brady 207
2. Peyton Manning 103
3. Kurt Warner 83
3. Joe Montana 83
5. Jim Kelly 81

Passes Completed Single Game

1. Tom Brady 43
2. Tom Brady 37
3. Peyton Manning 34
4. Tom Brady 32
4. Drew Brees 32

Career Passing Yards

1. Tom Brady 2071
2. Kurt Warner 1156
3. Joe Montana 1142
4. John Elway 1128
5. Peyton Manning 1001

Career Passing Touchdowns

1. Tom Brady 15
2. Joe Montana 11
3. Terry Bradshaw 9
4. Roger Staubach 8
5. Kurt Warner 6
5. Steve Young 6
This is one time "Volume stats" matter. :)

The OP mentioned records. His wins as a quarterback is a record. I wasn't even focusing on the losses. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think you might've misinterpreted what I was getting at

I understand it's more of a team thing, but the quarterback is so important

I understand, I'm just saying it isn't always in a QB's control.

Look at Super Bowl 49. Brady brought the team back and it looked like he would win his 4th. In the span of a few minutes on the bench, he went from a great comeback victory to potential loser of 3 Super Bowls in a row to matching Montana and Bradshaw for most Super Bowl wins by a QB, despite not actually doing anything during that stretch.

So I think it's a combination of things. Brady has played consistently well in Super Bowls (15 TDs, 5 INTs, 95.3 RAT), which has helped his team win a lot of games. He's not like Manning, who has 3 TDs, 5 INTs and a 77.4 career RAT in 4 Super Bowls. Or when Ben won his first, he was 9 for 21 for 123 yards and 0 TDs, 2 INTs, but gets a ring. Sometimes it's not the QB who deserves all the credit for the win.

Last edited:
I was looking at these earlier and realized something. These will probably never be broken in our lifetime unless they get rid of the salary cap. And even then it's unlikely. This is just Super Bowl stats, not even playoffs, which include unreal stuff like Brady being at 25 playoff wins, and the next best being 16.

Career Pass Attempts

1. Tom Brady 309
2. Peyton Manning 155
3. John Elway 152
4. Jim Kelly 145
5. Kurt Warner 132

Career Passes Completed

1. Tom Brady 207
2. Peyton Manning 103
3. Kurt Warner 83
3. Joe Montana 83
5. Jim Kelly 81

Passes Completed Single Game

1. Tom Brady 43
2. Tom Brady 37
3. Peyton Manning 34
4. Tom Brady 32
4. Drew Brees 32

Career Passing Yards

1. Tom Brady 2071
2. Kurt Warner 1156
3. Joe Montana 1142
4. John Elway 1128
5. Peyton Manning 1001

Career Passing Touchdowns

1. Tom Brady 15
2. Joe Montana 11
3. Terry Bradshaw 9
4. Roger Staubach 8
5. Kurt Warner 6
5. Steve Young 6
Rules change a little every year.You'd hardly recognize football of even the '60s today.* He will be passed as the game changes.

(*Heck, even the field with hash marks and goal post - H not Y and on the goalline being different.)

System quarterback - any QB would do just as well with the hoodie running the show :rolleyes:

Wow, does that bring back memories. Gee, I'm old.

li5.jpg
goat man.jpg

Ah yes....Craig Morton. I don't remember SB 5, but I remember Dallas crushing him in SB 12.
A claim can be made for Earl Morrell, who was prominent in leading the Colts to SB3 and the Dolphins to SB VII (though he didn't play in SB VII).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes