PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: an honest take

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s business get over it. You really want to weigh the amount of effort Brady spent over 20 years trying to make this team better vs not attending some off season stuff the last two years (one of which the team won a SB)? That’s not an argument that’s going to look compelling.

Big deal Brady didn’t do some optional stuff. He made it clear for about 6-7 years now he wants to play until he’s 45, we weren’t commuting to him, so he didn’t commit back. Two way street

Yet every other QB in the NFL attended. Every other player on the roster did. I actually thought it was because of the family. It clearly wasn’t. It was a hissy fit. Complete hypocrite and all those people applauding him for putting family first...now look like fools.

The fact that doesn’t royally anger people is beyond me.

We never had a lockdown in Mass. Closed Schools, non essential businesses, restaurants except take out, gyms, movie theaters etc. We have never been locked in and just a few towns had mandatory mask rules when outside.
Wasn't mandatory masks anywhere outside a state-mandated rule?

Yet every other QB in the NFL attended. Every other player on the roster did. I actually thought it was because of the family. It clearly wasn’t. It was a hissy fit. Complete hypocrite and all those people applauding him for putting family first...now look like fools.

That is some serious hyperbole. Other QBs missed some OTAs last year due to family/personal reasons - Nick Foles, Ben, Drew Brees. The Patriots also did not have 100 percent participation last year. No team ever does. That is why they are VOLUNTARY.

I never understood the anger over voluntary OTAs. Even Bill said it was no big deal. Brady has missed them earlier in his career as well. He was throwing with his teammates during last off-season just not at OTAs.

tjZl2MKyEAZfVhnP9usYC2snDXJS3EBu7Nj_C90KTB-_ph0dIaomWk6qijnJvWmn5g9cYkkc07oLqmNXOFCKAktZTQ-0Fe1rUlyFsH2GcnkOJt26kE29pUyOZBM

So...you would rather root for your fantasy players - even if their success hurts the Patriots - than root for Tom Brady? Got it...

Is there anything wrong with that? Fantasy football can win you a lot of money if your players do well.

Wasn't mandatory masks anywhere outside a state-mandated rule?
Only very recent;t and only if you can't maintain social distance. I go for walk and put on only when near folks

Is there anything wrong with that? Fantasy football can win you a lot of money if your players do well.
Yeah I don’t get the logic in that. Most people have more tangible assets invested in fantasy. I can’t think of a single person I know that doesn’t watch a game their team plays and still hoping the fantasy running back or WR on the other team can still score a TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes