PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO Signs in Cincinnati...Which Means...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holt is TO for the Pats - a once great WR who is no longer a difference maker but might fill a role. He just doesn't come with the circus TO brings.

Reports are that TO can double his 2m salary if he catches 100 passes for 1300 and 14 TDs. It goes an extra million to 3m if the numbers are 60/900/10. He is not a guy I would ever want on my team with that type of deal where his personal stats are potentially worth 50 to 100% more $ to him than he makes without them. Nothing like setting the stage for him to implode on you before he ever steps on the field.

I agree with your point, but in theory those numbers are not unobtainable through a normal offensive progression. They somehow found enough balls to go around for Ocho and Housh (with Housh getting 110+ one year), so it can be done without too much coddling of TO.

That said, you're still right. Having TO on a catch/yard/TD based incentive is asking for a tantrum.

Who will do that week one? Tully Banta-Cain?

The AFC East might be a great division, but it's a fact that we have the worst pass rush of any four teams collectively.

Considering that both TBC and Brady play on the same team, I find it hard to believe that TBC is going to sprint off the sideline to be the primary pass rusher when the Pats' offense is on the field. And yes, the Jets' pass rush was very overrated. You know that's the case when you only have one more sack on the season than the "lowly" Patriots defense/pass rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST