PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF Green Poops vs. Brown Poops Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hue Jackson is an idiot, how is he not seeing Mayfield throwing those darts in practice everyday and keeps TT just because he's said "He's our QB" even before the draft, how a coach take a stand like this before training camp?

He should be fired today because his decisions doesn't give the team the better chance to win, he wants to be what 0-48?

Mayfield in his first pass showed he was ready, presence in the pocket, good spin on the ball, throwing lasers all over the field, he didn't start doing that yesterday. They draft a guy #1 overall who was a stud in College, what is this process in NFL of "saving" the QB for next season. Players improve with playing time in real games. Sometimes it makes sense to not ruin a guy when the roster around him is pure garbage like in Buffalo, but Cleveland has a good team. Why waste a chance to at least have a 6-10, 7-9 season (if not better) and develop a winning culture by standing with Tyrod Taylor who checked out mentally from the game he makes his first read and starts to run like it's the only option they have.
Taylor wasn’t playing because he was a better QB in anyone’s mind. He was playing because he was the orotection from throwing mayfield to the wolves for as long as it could last.

My thoughts on the game:
- Cleveland's defense is underrated. They have a great front 7 thanks to Garret, who is already a forced to be recognized... He is FAST off the line

- Do you remember seeing Collins on the field? Yeah, the guy had 3 tackles all game... Shipping him to the Browns was absolutely the correct move

- Landry is a top 5 WR in the NFL.

- Darnold had a rough night, but i thought he looked better than his stats, IIBH. Still he needs to bounce back. The thing about being a NFL qb is always improving... DCs are dissecting your every snap so if you arent always a step ahead, you will be a step behind.

- Mayfield looked GREAT. He passed confidently in the middle of the field, hitting very small windows. He needs to throw lower though, if he doesnt want to have a different receiver corps every week. Still, for a first showing... impecable.

- Jets is better overall than last year, but are still a year or two from being a playoff team. Their trenches are weak and so is their LBs...
Brown
Julio
Hopkins
A.J. Green
Beckham

And that’s not to mention Keenan Allen and Mike Evans. I don’t think we can put him in the top 5.

Mayfield.. 17-23 with three clear drops. Basically 20-23. That's ridiculous...o_O

Question now is consistency... Can they build on it? Listening to Bakey after game he sounded like the situation was within his capability. Come back last night was big challenge so he's already acclimated to big moment. Can he continue with the slow grind of practice and getting better ..? Probably.. 10 days til next game:cool:

Brown
Julio
Hopkins
A.J. Green
Beckham

And that’s not to mention Keenan Allen and Mike Evans. I don’t think we can put him in the top 5.
Fair list. I can understand why some would prefer over WRs over landry, so here's my thoughts on the top 5

Beckham, Brown are above the rest to me. They can line up anywhere and dominate, via precision and technique, without using their godlike athleticism.

Julio and Green come just behind simply because they are more physical than anything else. I'd say there is a bit of gap between Jones and Green too.

But i think that Landry is better than Hopkins. This year he is showing that he can be a deep threat, besides being an incredible slot receiver (he is smart as **** and he can read the zones very quickly). Im not gonna hammer Hopkins who is really good, but I think he has a more limited route tree and isnt as overwhelming as Jones and Green. Granted, of all receivers here, he's the one ive seen less of

I enjoyed this game and was really happy for Browns fans, but even more happy watching the Jetes get jete on

Last edited:
Loved watching Mayfield. What poise and calm for a young player. He'll have his ups and downs but Baker Mayfield has "it" and the Browns are on the way up in a division where the other QB's are getting on in years. Future looks bright for that team. So happy for all those Cleveland fans. Those are real hardcore football fans who deserve a winning team. Love it when the smaller market teams do well by their loyal fans.

Loved watching Mayfield. What poise and calm for a young player. He'll have his ups and downs but Baker Mayfield has "it" and the Browns are on the way up in a division where the other QB's are getting on in years. Future looks bright for that team. So happy for all those Cleveland fans. Those are real hardcore football fans who deserve a winning team. Love it when the smaller market teams do well by their loyal fans.

This is what I said back in the preseason after watching him. There's a real football guy in charge there now, and I think they've turned the corner. Although they should probably get a real coach.

...By the way, did anyone see Avery out there? He looked like one of the Browns top 3 defenders, right along with Garrett and Ward. Wish we could have taken him in the draft (that's not just hindsight; I had him in my final mock).

They have a nice LB corp. I had a 2nd on Avery...
Who needs Genard Avery when we have...JaJuan Bentley?

Would it surprise you that I'm happy with his performances?

I could go through the details of those numbers, but no sense really. I'm sure most NE area folks are smart enough to know the situation.

Last edited:

I could go through the details of those numbers, but no sense really. I sure most NE are folks are smart enough to know the situation.

It wouldn't. Because he sucks, and he's exactly what you're used to.

I could go through the details of those numbers, but no sense really. I'm sure most NE area folks are smart enough to know the situation.

All I know is if I were the Jets, I'd sure rather have Mayfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back