PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF Green Poops vs. Brown Poops Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching 17 minutes of Boomer ( what grown-up is still called Boomer?) and Gio on WFAN absolutely ball-washing Darnold. I think Darnold will be pretty good down the line, but these guys, especially Boom-Boy, are ridiculous about Darnold.

The Jete really would have been better off in the long run keeping and starting Bridgewater, and having Darnold sit for a year. But that's not the Jete Way. Bridgewater seems likely to have been able to win more games for them this season, but starting Darnold (no matter how unready he is) has a more immediate impact on ticket sales and TV ratings, which are both more important to Jete ownership.

Game's on right now, Mayfield dropped one right in the bucket on a 30 yard fade route, and Callaway let it bounce right off his hands.

I'm guessing he's on the Patriots PS in a couple of weeks.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the whole game but what did those that did think of Mayfield? Only one week, but I think we can put the ******ed Manziel comparisons to bed.

Whole different game when he came in.

At one point in the 2nd quarter Taylor had accumulated 2 yards passing. Sacked and couldn't hit the eocean with the ball.

Mayfield was throwing lasers into small windows. He under threw Callaway on a deep route but I'm guessing that he can make that throw no problem. A long pass to Landry at the goal line was a thing of beauty. Landry was covered.

He seems unafraid to attempt any throw but almost threw a pic in the end zone.Handled pressure very good.

He did remind me of Brees last night. But who knows until his film is broken down next off season. Like Mahomes too.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
1st game, coming in late in the 2nd quarter, only taking 2nd team reps. That's a tough spot for any QB.
With the weight of that losing streak on your shoulders on national television no less. And in comeback fashion.

Whole different game when he came in.

At one point in the 2nd quarter Taylor had accumulated 2 yards passing. Sacked and couldn't hit the eocean with the ball.

Mayfield was throwing lasers into small windows. He under threw Callaway on a deep route but I'm guessing that he can make that throw no problem. A long pass to Landry at the goal line was a thing of beauty. Landry was covered.

He seems unafraid to attempt any throw but almost threw a pic in the end zone.Handled pressure very good.

He did remind me of Brees last night. But who knows until his film is broken down next off season. Like Mahomes too.
Of course. DCs will get his film and he’ll go through his trials and tribulations like any QB. Browns fans have a lot to be encouraged by though. More in years.

Can't wait to see a rematch of Watson/Mayfield.
Mahomes/Baker, not sure many know Patty took over after things fell apart at TT, maybe a playoff game sometime soon.

Again NFL is in good hands in terms of young QB'S.

You watch the first half? OL, OL, OL. Then some more OL.
I did. Watched the whole game & that same OL looked better after the QB change. Amazing how that happens, huh? I also said DL/CB/OL early.

Callaway didn't look very good last night from what I saw.
He actually beat Mo few times but did have that bad drop. He didn't look bad imo.

What’s crazy is how closely the browns could have been 3-0 right now
They should be 3-0. Not hindsight, many, not just me were saying he should be starting. Hell I think they have a shot at the div w him starting.

Unfortunately the NFL still has too much group-think in coaching circles. I think most of the dinosaurs will be gone soon. Not too long ago people were denying to the effect college ball had on the pro.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Mayfield is the real deal, this could be a playoff contender this season. They're very talented on the defensive side of the ball and improved QB play would go a long way in a division in which the Ravens window closed a couple of seasons ago, the Steelers are falling apart at the seams, and the Bengals continually find ways to choke away the division lead under Marvin. That said, I still think they're a season away. They have needs at WR, EDGE, CB, and safety.

The Jete really would have been better off in the long run keeping and starting Bridgewater, and having Darnold sit for a year. But that's not the Jete Way. Bridgewater seems likely to have been able to win more games for them this season, but starting Darnold (no matter how unready he is) has a more immediate impact on ticket sales and TV ratings, which are both more important to Jete ownership.

Perfect summary.

I still believe in Darnold's ability -- had him neck and neck with Mayfield all year -- but I hated to see him go to the Jets. They'll ruin him. Good for the Patriots, but bad for Darnold. He should have gone to the Giants to sit behind Eli for a couple years. I think he has a lot of skill, but needs to learn to avoid turnovers and adjust to the NFL game. Ah well. At least he's better than Hack.

Mayfield Browns will be dangerous for years to come. By the way, did anyone see Avery out there? He looked like one of the Browns top 3 defenders, right along with Garrett and Ward. Wish we could have taken him in the draft (that's not just hindsight; I had him in my final mock).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST