PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So bortles once again plays pathetic against a horrible team, but our defense makes him look like a prime Dan Marino

I hope Matt Flynn sends us Xmas cards each year after us (along with DET) helped him land that deal with SEA.

The networks and sports media in general love to hype passing stat leaders.
Problem is the lack of correlation between those stats and wins.

Of the top six passing yardage leaders as of this moment, those players teams went 1-4 (Goff still playing, should make it 2-4). The other winner was Brees, who played against a loser (Ryan) from that group.

So how about a correlation between touchdown passes and winning?
Those with two or more TD right now are 6-5, with four currently in play.
Goff and Rivers will cancel each other out, with Wilson (a sure W) and Bradford (TBD) still in play.

By comparison QBs with one or no TD passes in Week 3 are 7-6 at the moment.

The top three players in receiving yards all lost their games.
The top 22 are a combined 8-10, with four still in play (which will be split in the LA game).

These to me are examples of how fantasy football has completely derailed the focus 0f what is (and what is not important) to winning football in the minds of many pro football fans. FF may have created more interest, consumers and profits, but it has completely bastardized genuine interest in the game among a very large portion of the sport's audience.

I'm firmly of the belief that QBs need special rules to protect them due to the way the position has to be played, but OH MY GOD THESE ******* ROUGHING CALLS ARE RIDICULOUS.

I'm firmly of the belief that QBs need special rules to protect them due to the way the position has to be played, but OH MY GOD THESE ******* ROUGHING CALLS ARE RIDICULOUS.
Unfortunately, it's not just the QBs/roughing. Officiating across the board for all positions /penalties /calls/non calls are terribly inconsistent IMO.

I'm not looking forward to playing the chiefs. We might have Flash Gordon, but they have the actual Flash lol.

I wouldn't mind playing them late in the year or playoffs but not now. They are on fire.
They’re not as good on the road

Josh Rosen just threw a pick 6 that got negated by an offside penalty. Why is Rosen in? They hoping for Baker Mayfield moment? lol good luck!

Rosen is an awful QB

Josh Rosen just threw a pick 6 that got negated by an offside penalty. Why is Rosen in? They hoping for Baker Mayfield moment? lol good luck!

Have you seen Bradford this season?

Painful. Basically killing Any zona skill players fantasy value. If they’re gonna suck I don’t mind at least seeing what they have in the rookie.

In 3 games we’re looking at roughly 400 total passing yards and a grand total of 20 pts.

Not bad. Hall of famer Andrew Luck vhad 80 yards late in the 4th I heard and had to have the backup QB throw the hail mary. Bradford's pretty good then.

Unfortunately, it's not just the QBs/roughing. Officiating across the board for all positions /penalties /calls/non calls are terribly inconsistent IMO.
I'm losing (if I haven't already lost) my passionate interest in the NFL.

I'm losing (if I haven't already lost) my passionate interest in the NFL.
Have to agree, I think I'll always be a "fan" but the league office, officiating, rule changes, DFG, TMZ media and rumor mill have all weared down my love for the NFL... Must have been fun back in the day when it was primarily just about the football and the drama was at a minimum.

Wentz looked like a man on a mission today. He looks better than ever with his mechanics. I think he's going to take the next step and enter conversation for top 5 QB in the NFL.

Is it Rosen time yet? With every other qb (even Lamar on a few plays) already in there are we getting close to replacing Sam Bradford?
Bradford has like two games left before he’s done for the year.

Had Bears -6.5.....:mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back