PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF Green Poops vs. Brown Poops Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that but the 10 secs seems excessive. I guess there's no perfect rule in that situation.

I think the best way to do it is 10 second run off and then stop the clock. The problem with just starting the clock is the offense can get ready and maybe lose only 3 seconds. As we both have agreed, both is excessive.

I think the best way to do it is 10 second run off and then stop the clock. The problem with just starting the clock is the offense can get ready and maybe lose only 3 seconds. As we both have agreed, both is excessive.

See, the only problem with that, is that the offensive team benefits from a clock stoppage, when if the play was called correctly, the clock would have been continuously running.

In other words, the offense would have to be rushing up to the line anyway, it's up to them to be ready.

Baker, Garrett, Njkou, Ogun, Ward, Peppers, Avery, Higgins, Callaway all 2nd year or rookies.

I'm going Rush, CB or OL early next year & adding to that defense most likely if it was up to me. That D is looks like it could be special.

Very solid LB corp as well.
You watch the first half? OL, OL, OL. Then some more OL.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the whole game but what did those that did think of Mayfield? Only one week, but I think we can put the ******ed Manziel comparisons to bed.

Baker & Mahomes 3-0. NFL is in good hands.
Tried to tell ‘em on here before the draft. Mayfield has the same competitive fire as Brady. The kid LOVES football. Eats, sleeps, and breathes it. He also had a similar underdog route to take going to Oklahoma and having to bust his ass to get the starter role. I honestly think the Pats were planning to get into the top 10 to draft him but unfortunately the Browns got it right and took him #1 overall. What a shame. He would have been a nice heir apparent to Brady.

Hello everyone,,,watched the Game and I just have one question!,,,,
HOW did this Jets Team manage to thrash Detroit in week 1 ?
Are the Lions that bad ?

Are the Lions that bad ?

It was week one. Remember KC vs Pats last season. Don't really know where teams are until around week 4 basically.

Imagine how the Jete feel. They probably went to sleep after week one dreaming about Lombardi trophies.. Hahaha

Some went to bed thinking they'd be 4-0. Buahahaha

"Darnit"

It was week one. Remember KC vs Pats last season. Don't really know where teams are until around week 4 basically.

Imagine how the Jete feel. They probably went to sleep after week one dreaming about Lombardi trophies.. Hahaha

Some went to bed thinking they'd be 4-0. Buahahaha

"Darnit"

Yeah I was worried after reading some quotes from NY papers ! They seemed happy that they have found their QB,,and I think looked playoffs bound !!
Hahahaaahaaahaahaa

Tried to tell ‘em on here before the draft. Mayfield has the same competitive fire as Brady. The kid LOVES football. Eats, sleeps, and breathes it. He also had a similar underdog route to take going to Oklahoma and having to bust his ass to get the starter role. I honestly think the Pats were planning to get into the top 10 to draft him but unfortunately the Browns got it right and took him #1 overall. What a shame. He would have been a nice heir apparent to Brady.

His throwing motion et al, can be somewhat compared to Manziel but it's obvious that Baker studied film. He looked good but it was his first game. I will add that that was a tough situation to come in to. Down 11, the crowd chanting your name blah blah and he looked cool under pressure.

Darnit on the other hand looked rattled. Jacksonville is going to eat his lunch. They may break him.

Didn’t get a chance to watch the whole game but what did those that did think of Mayfield? Only one week, but I think we can put the ******ed Manziel comparisons to bed.

I thought that Mayfield was the most NFL-ready QB in this draft class (maybe the only one). He has much better skills than Maziel ever had, but, more importantly, Mayfield has a mental quickness, command presence and competitiveness that are far above Manziel's and the rest of the 2018 rookie QBs. I think he's more than capable of getting THIS Browns team to the playoffs this season. No question in my mind that Mayfield should be Cleveland's starter the rest of the season.

What may happen next season, IDK.

Mayfield's aggressive competitiveness - almost rebelliousness - seems likely to get him into trouble, sooner or later. In that regard, he mostly reminds me of Jim McMahon in his Chicago heydey. At times, he'll seem like the "savior", but he's also capable of disrupting things royally.

In any case, I only saw Mayfield's first drive after taking over for Taylor. FWIW, that drive confirmed for me pretty much everything I thought about Mayfield before the draft.

Brown's fans are in for a wild ride.

Those 2 should have never be mentioned in the same. I heard the comp's but can't remember the culprits tbh. Those 2 were miles apart as prospects go at least imo they were.
Mayfield looked great, he was Baker from jump. Poised but had the magic moving around the pocket. Threw it w confidence, accuracy & zip. Had a few drops to the left I believe but worked the field. He was vg & it showed from the moment he stepped on the field. That kind of noticable difference.

It's a shame it took Hue this long but it looked like Dorsey or someone else might've put the word out that he's sitting like KC/Mahomes etc.

I definitely wouldn't mind in a Pat's uni. Have a soft spot for him.

His throwing motion et al, can be somewhat compared to Manziel but it's obvious that Baker studied film. He looked good but it was his first game. I will add that that was a tough situation to come in to. Down 11, the crowd chanting your name blah blah and he looked cool under pressure.

Darnit on the other hand looked rattled. Jacksonville is going to eat his lunch. They may break him.

1st game, coming in late in the 2nd quarter, only taking 2nd team reps. That's a tough spot for any QB.

Are the Lions that bad ?

The Lions were bad in that game. Except for their special teams, they looked much better on both side of the ball against the Niners.

Folks need to remember that the score was only 17-10 at halftime and that the Lions tied it up 2 minutes into the 2nd half. Of the 31 points the Jete scored in Q3 ...
- 7 were from a pick-six
- 7 were from a 78-yard punt return

During the course of the game, the Lion's punt-coverage unit also gifted the Jete with a layup FG. Another Stafford INT gifted the Jete with a short-field TD. Those points obscured a lot of the Jete's flaws.

The results from last night and from the Fins game seem much closer to what I think we can expect this season from the team that we've come to know and disrespect.

Those 2 should have never be mentioned in the same. I heard the comp's but can't remember the culprits tbh. Those 2 were miles apart as prospects go at least imo they were.
Mayfield looked great, he was Baker from jump. Poised but had the magic moving around the pocket. Threw it w confidence, accuracy & zip. Had a few drops to the left I believe but worked the field. He was vg & it showed from the moment he stepped on the field. That kind of noticable difference.

It's a shame it took Hue this long but it looked like Dorsey or someone else might've put the word out that he's sitting like KC/Mahomes etc.

I definitely wouldn't mind in a Pat's uni. Have a soft spot for him.

Callaway didn't look very good last night from what I saw.

Just finished watching 17 minutes of Boomer ( what grown-up is still called Boomer?) and Gio on WFAN absolutely ball-washing Darnold. I think Darnold will be pretty good down the line, but these guys, especially Boom-Boy, are ridiculous about Darnold.

Seriously? He's literally the reason the Jets lost the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST