PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF: 1-2 Eagles at 3-0 Packers

Don Coryall 101..

Live by the pass. Die by the pass.
Can't win with no running game.
Atrocious running game by Green Bay.

I don't like to read too much into TNF games but.

Packers: No running game, lack weapons, Defense has a lot of talent but exploitable holes. Target the 4 or so subpar starters and you're in business. Also they are small.

Eagles: CBs are highly questionable. Safeties the same. The Front 7 is good but not as good as they were in the SB. Wentz is good but he doesn't have an elite feeling to him. I doubt he ever will.

Should have been picked by Bradham earlier. This one was karma.

Undefeated teams left.

Patriots
Bills (assuming no ties one should lose this week)

Chiefs
Lions (assuming no ties one should lose this week)

Cowboys
Rams
49ers (bye week)

Weill win end this week with no more than 5 undefeated teams.

Two teams with coaches who screwed up by going for things when settling for kicks was the smarter play. It's just too bad that they both couldn't lose as a result.

Ladies and gentlemen, the GOAT.

Incoming "Rodgers needs more help!!!" on Twitter.

This was a must win for the Eagles and they came thru. Wentz won at Lambeau. Eagles still in the mix for the NFC East.

83293F4D-D8FD-4F00-8310-CE07B726752E.jpeg Did the Packers steal Pete Carroll’s goal line offensive playbook?

Did the fans do the wave, upsetting Aaaaaron's delicate karma?

I feel sorry for the Great Aaron Rodgers. To see the greatest football player to ever walk onto the gridiron in NFL history who can throw passes that no other QB could throw lose like that is just heartbreaking.

But I would like to remind thee that Jesus too was crucified and we now call that day good Friday.

Hence forth I will call the last Thursday in September Good Thursday.

May Aaron bless you. He too shall rise again on Cheaster Sunday.

Sincerely

Joe Buck

I feel sorry for the Great Aaron Rodgers. To see the greatest football player to ever walk onto the gridiron in NFL history who can throw passes that no other QB could throw lose like that is just heartbreaking.

But I would like to remind thee that Jesus too was crucified and we now call that day good Friday.

Hence forth I will call the last Thursday in September Good Thursday.

May Aaron bless you. He too shall rise again on Cheaster Sunday.

Sincerely

Joe Buck

It's tough for Joe Buck to call games. I don't inherently hate him even, really, he's a baseball announcer. Jack Buck was an average-at-best football announcer too.

Here's what Joe Buck does. He identifies the three players on each team that he actually knows, and repeats their names over and over throughout the broadcast, to show that he's paying attention. If one of those players gets hurt (Devante Adams), then he's down to two players.

Week 1 can be kind of a trainwreck if there were a lot of free agent moves.

It's tough for Joe Buck to call games. I don't inherently hate him even, really, he's a baseball announcer. Jack Buck was an average-at-best football announcer too.

Here's what Joe Buck does. He identifies the three players on each team that he actually knows, and repeats their names over and over throughout the broadcast, to show that he's paying attention. If one of those players gets hurt (Devante Adams), then he's down to two players.

Week 1 can be kind of a trainwreck if there were a lot of free agent moves.

I don't hate him either but I like to use his frothing over Aaron Rodgers to mock the rest of the frothers.

Rodgers and his head coach are on a collision course.

Did the fans do the wave, upsetting Aaaaaron's delicate karma?

Some obnoxious jerk in the stadium said something just as he was about to throw that pass. I think it was some little kid asking for cotton candy.

When I have some time, I’ll do a detailed breakdown, but go to pro football-reference and check out Rodgers advanced stats (net yards/attempt and adj. net yards/attempt) from roughly 2010-14 and then 2015-present. The guy truly has not been a good quarterback for about five years, outside choosing sacks over any type of risky pass to preserve his inflated passer rating. I mean, the decline is absolutely stunning. I don’t even know if he’s a pro bowl level QB when you consider how low his actual production (correlating highly to points scored and wins) and look beyond that big, fat, fake QB rating that he manufactures. He takes so many negative plays and doesn’t make up for them as frequently anymore...despite all the fawning because of his “highlight reel plays” that only exist because he bails from the pocket every time and plays hero ball.

Aaron Rodgers Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

When I have some time, I’ll do a detailed breakdown, but go to pro football-reference and check out Rodgers advanced stats (net yards/attempt and adj. net yards/attempt) from roughly 2010-14 and then 2015-present. The guy truly has not been a good quarterback for about five years, outside choosing sacks over any type of risky pass to preserve his inflated passer rating. I mean, the decline is absolutely stunning. I don’t even know if he’s a pro bowl level QB when you consider how low his actual production (correlating highly to points scored and wins) and look beyond that big, fat, fake QB rating that he manufactures. He takes so many negative plays and doesn’t make up for them as frequently anymore...despite all the fawning because of his “highlight reel plays” that only exist because he bails from the pocket every time and plays hero ball.

Blasphemy

He's Brett Favre 2.0

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back