PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF: 1-2 Eagles at 3-0 Packers

When I have some time, I’ll do a detailed breakdown, but go to pro football-reference and check out Rodgers advanced stats (net yards/attempt and adj. net yards/attempt) from roughly 2010-14 and then 2015-present. The guy truly has not been a good quarterback for about five years, outside choosing sacks over any type of risky pass to preserve his inflated passer rating. I mean, the decline is absolutely stunning. I don’t even know if he’s a pro bowl level QB when you consider how low his actual production (correlating highly to points scored and wins) and look beyond that big, fat, fake QB rating that he manufactures. He takes so many negative plays and doesn’t make up for them as frequently anymore...despite all the fawning because of his “highlight reel plays” that only exist because he bails from the pocket every time and plays hero ball.

Aaron Rodgers Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

What, you mean another failed comeback attempt at home, down 8 or less?

Surely you jest.

Some solid playcalling inside the 5 too in the 4th quarter. I wonder if the coach called any runs.

OT
Their similarities are striking.
Both stand motionless and say virtually nothing while professional actors do the heavy lifting.

So I ask ......Better actor?

State Farm Aaron
or
The LiMu emu

Last edited:
Thought that was definitely going to OT, oh well another notch in Rodgers comebackless career...

Funny that you'd mention the lack of comebacks by Rodgers. There was a pregame promo for one of the games I watched in which they showed a clip of Rodgers and the word "comebacks" at the same time. I almost puked.

When I have some time, I’ll do a detailed breakdown, but go to pro football-reference and check out Rodgers advanced stats (net yards/attempt and adj. net yards/attempt) from roughly 2010-14 and then 2015-present. The guy truly has not been a good quarterback for about five years, outside choosing sacks over any type of risky pass to preserve his inflated passer rating. I mean, the decline is absolutely stunning. I don’t even know if he’s a pro bowl level QB when you consider how low his actual production (correlating highly to points scored and wins) and look beyond that big, fat, fake QB rating that he manufactures. He takes so many negative plays and doesn’t make up for them as frequently anymore...despite all the fawning because of his “highlight reel plays” that only exist because he bails from the pocket every time and plays hero ball.

Aaron Rodgers Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Below is another of my favorite Rodgers' stats, fourth quarter comebacks. There are 60 QB's in NFL history with more and 12 of those are active players.

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

He trails Ryan Tannehill in 4th Q comebacks

I never bought that the Packers Defense was for real.

I thought the Packers were going to win. Both teams need some D. I hope those 2 (!) players who left on stretchers on immobilizing backboards are ok.

I know it's wrong but I take pleasure from Aaron Rodgers grimacing and rolling his eyes skyward on the field (which he did a lot last night).

I thought the Packers were going to win. Both teams need some D. I hope those 2 (!) players who left on stretchers on immobilizing backboards are ok.

I know it's wrong but I take pleasure from Aaron Rodgers grimacing and rolling his eyes skyward on the field (which he did a lot last night).
Loooots of A-Aron Rodgers Face down by the goal line last night.

You would think they'd know from SB 49 not to throw at the goal line...

Packers should've easily won this game by two scores, but that's what happens with bad red zone play-calling and poor QB decision-making.

There was no comeback but did you see that beautiful throw rolling to his right, where he needled it between two defenders. Who cares about winning when you can throw like that.

Which of the following QBs have more 4th Q comebacks than Aaron Rodgers?

Ryan Tannehill,
Matt Hasselback,
Derrick Carr,
Brian Sipe,
Babe Parelli,
Alex Smith,
Joe Flacco,
Jake Plummer,
Andy Dalton,
Jay Cutler

answer: all of the above, and 64 other guys!

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tank you 1960Pats for pulling this up!
Troy Aikman should have pointed out that he has more 4th quarter comebacks than Aaron Rodgers, but that of course might have caused Joe Buck to have a heart attack...

What, you mean another failed comeback attempt at home, down 8 or less?

Surely you jest.

Some solid playcalling inside the 5 too in the 4th quarter. I wonder if the coach called any runs.

I know people are bagging on the play calling on that drive, but it's not the fault of the play calling when the receiver drops an easy pass, and it's not the fault of the play calling when the QB throws terrible passes on plays where receivers are open enough for TDs, if the throw is good..

I know people are bagging on the play calling on that drive, but it's not the fault of the play calling when the receiver drops an easy pass, and it's not the fault of the play calling when the QB throws terrible passes on plays where receivers are open enough for TDs, if the throw is good..

Both true. That's why I'm curious if the coach called any runs in that sequence, and Rodgers just audibled out of it.

Both true. That's why I'm curious if the coach called any runs in that sequence, and Rodgers just audibled out of it.

Aaron probably felt he needed more scramble drills.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back