PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tips for first time visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDZ

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi All - never could afford to go to an NFL game before but I got good seats for tonight's pre-season game so I'm super stoked. Any tips on my first visit to Gillette?

- Kickoff is 730pm; when should I arrive? Super early to check out shopping, Patriots Place, etc or does that just need a couple hours? Parking advice?

- How bad is traffic in pre-season (I've seen its pretty bad regular season).

- Any other "insider" tips you can give a rookie?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moved this in here to try and get you a little help :cool:

Reactions: MDZ
Hi All - never could afford to go to an NFL game before but I got good seats for tonight's pre-season game so I'm super stoked. Any tips on my first visit to Gillette?

- Kickoff is 730pm; when should I arrive? Super early to check out shopping, Patriots Place, etc or does that just need a couple hours? Parking advice?

- How bad is traffic in pre-season (I've seen its pretty bad regular season).

- Any other "insider" tips you can give a rookie?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traffic IMO is worse pre game but better post game for preseason games.

If you want to shop ild give more than two hours. Ild go with more than 2 hours even without the shopping.

Ild advise parking on the side of route 1 that best fits your exit at a store parking lot as far as your willing to walk as it will help.

I'm spoiled with access road though and I am sure others have more specific tips.

Hi MDZ and welcome aboard!

I'd get there 3-4 hours before the game and get a good meal in the Japanese steakhouse/sushi restaurant in Patriot Place before it gets mobbed (it's actually not overpriced).

Then stroll around and try to get into the Hall at Patriot Place for a good hour or so (not sure if it is open on game nights).

By time you do all of that, it is probably an hour or so before gametime. Get into the stadium and stroll around getting different vantage points of all the sights you've seen on TV - - make sure to walk the walkway under and thru the lighthouse and also the walkway above the banners - - good hiking and good vantage points.

Then find your seats and enjoy the game!

(P.S. - - make sure to hit the bathrooms before you leave the stadium on the way out after the game and have your vehicle stocked well with food and beverages - - you'll be there awhile.)

• Winner
Thank you all for the info! I called the Hall and they are open today, will definitely go there.

Thank you all for the info! I called the Hall and they are open today, will definitely go there.

I believe they close at 5pm today, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes