PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thuney gets tagged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's gone :eek:
i told everyone that in another thread. my source said so weeks ago. He wont budge on demands and BB wont pay him. they like Stidham just fine (so do I).

i think i pulled a muscle patting myself on the back. Ill be on IR to start the season

Looks a heck of a lot like the 2019 Patriots, with one big missing piece.

Thuney tag and trade coming imo. Would any team actually give up a 2nd round pick for an elite guard who costs 14m?

I honestly think they just want more time to extend him. Don’t expect him to be traded personally. They want the best line possible for their new QB.

Pats said they want a long term deal

“Joe has been a model teammate and an essential element to our success since joining our team in 2016. Utilizing the franchise designation allows both sides more time to try to reach the goal of a long-term agreement"

Read more at: Patriots’ Goal Is To Sign Franchised Joe Thuney To ‘Long-Term Agreement’
Yeah there it is. He’s also another leader in that locker room and probably really important as Andrews tries to come back from his serious medical issue. They’ll need guys like him without Brady. Same deal with McCourty.

Yeah there it is. He’s also another leader in that locker room and probably really important as Andrews tries to come back from his serious medical issue. They’ll need guys like him without Brady. Same deal with McCourty.
Basically, we're paying Thuney $14M (and hopefully a longterm contract) instead of pay Karras $10m AAV.

I suspect that most here aren't considering the huge boost in the cap that will in effect from 2022 onward. A lot of money will be moved forward.

The Pats would have to make Cannon a post June 1st cut. Doing so would save them 7M on the cap.

That would leave a big hole to fill.
I'm sure it would be such a big hole. By all accounts Cannon did not have one of his better years last season. IF he bounces back he's worth the cost, but what if it was the beginning of a downward trend.

Cajuste was considered a first round talent who came with an injury risk so we got him for a late 3rd (101). IF he's healthy, he'd be a talented replacement with a lot of upside. But I haven't seen anything about his current condition.

Ideally an OT roster of Wynn, Cannon, Cajuste plus one of Newhouse, Cunningham or draft pick would be a pretty good group

Last edited:

Ideally an OT roster of Wynn, Cannon, Cajuste plus one of Newhouse, Cunningham or draft pick would be a pretty good group

By what standard is this a pretty good group?

Hopefully signing Thuney long term won't impact their ability to sign Brady.

The afc east is open next season if they roll with stidham. Brutal schedule. I hope brady goes where he’s wanted and plays well. Will always root for him unless it’s us.

I'm sure it would be such a big hole. By all accounts Cannon did have one of his better years last season. IF he bounces back he's worth the cost, but what if it was the beginning of a downward trend.

Cajuste was considered a first round talent who came with an injury risk so we got him for a late 3rd (101). IF he's healthy, he'd be a talented replacement with a lot of upside. But I haven't seen anything about his current condition.

I read recently that Cajuste was fit and ready to play.

Hopefully signing Thuney long term won't impact their ability to sign Brady.

Of course not. Being OVER the cap makes it easier to sign Brady, NOT.

I read recently that Cajuste was fit and ready to play.

Yes, Cajuste will be able to compete for reps, after being out football for more than a year, and with no NFL camp or experience.

I would be very happy to see Cajuste as our swing OT in 2020, and a starter in 2021.

By what standard is this a pretty good group?
Well I think Wynn is a very good starting LT - I think Cannon has had some very good years (including a pro bowl or two IIRC) I have high hopes for Cajuste, and if the worst case is another year of Marshall Newhouse as the #4 OT rather than a starter I'd sign on for that.

Perhaps I should have said this was POTENTIALLY a pretty good group

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back