PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This years draft haul

I absolutely hated this years draft class and it was the really first time I thought that Bill might be starting to lose it. I could not have been more wrong. Just look at the impact the class had on yesterdays game.
With a 2023 top 65 pick still to come from it.

The Strange pick was and will always be awful, it was a huge reach and only a position of need, because BB traded away Mason for a bag of magic beans. I don't care if he turns out to be the next John Hannah, he is NOT going to make an impact in the outcome of games (unless he really stinks).

Patriot gamechangers draft at #21 overall:

Chandler Jones
Vince Wilfork
Randy Moss
Lawrence Maroney (OK, I'll give you that one)
Daniel Graham

The 8 guys drafted last year from 21-28 almost all of them are already making significant plays with their new teams. Walker, Ilam, Johnson and Lloyd would all be starting for the Pats defense right now. Lloyd has 20 tackles and 2 INTs in 4 games!! The Pats had a chance to get an impact player at 21, instead they got role players.

Then to pass on George Pickens in round 2! Shmmesh

Right now Jack Jones looks like he could be something, the rest, meh.

The Pats are 1-3 in last place and some of you think this was a good draft????

This post is total garbage.

I absolutely hated this years draft class and it was the really first time I thought that Bill might be starting to lose it. I could not have been more wrong. Just look at the impact the class had on yesterdays game.
With a 2023 top 65 pick still to come from it.

Yep, it’s looking like a great draft right now.

We need it because no team drafted worse 2017-2029
18 and 19 were bad but 17 shouldn't even count.

We had 4 picks because 2 were taken away by deflategate idiocy.

And we did get Deatrich Wise in the 4th.

Here's something from SI's MMQB:

"Unfortunately for the Rams, at these positions, there’s rarely a quick fix. The league already has a numbers issue at those positions—there aren’t enough good offensive linemen to go around—so the champs will likely have to find reinforcements internally while hoping for improved health.

And that puts Carberry, plucked from Stanford in 2021 by Sean McVay to replace Aaron Kromer, in a pretty interesting spot since it’ll be up to him to get these guys ready to play. A lot of coaches say the offensive line coach, on some staffs, is as important as the coordinators. Carberry will be earning his check the next three months."

Is Belichick veering into the lack of OL talent while others like McVay haven't figured it out yet?

Here's something from SI's MMQB:

"Unfortunately for the Rams, at these positions, there’s rarely a quick fix. The league already has a numbers issue at those positions—there aren’t enough good offensive linemen to go around—so the champs will likely have to find reinforcements internally while hoping for improved health.

And that puts Carberry, plucked from Stanford in 2021 by Sean McVay to replace Aaron Kromer, in a pretty interesting spot since it’ll be up to him to get these guys ready to play. A lot of coaches say the offensive line coach, on some staffs, is as important as the coordinators. Carberry will be earning his check the next three months."

Is Belichick veering into the lack of OL talent while others like McVay haven't figured it out yet?

Let's hope we keep choosing good OL draft picks because we need a OT next year for sure.

This has probably been posted already but it deserves more than one post:

1666096089163.jpeg
Pats turned 21 into:

Strange
Jack Jones
Zappe
Carolina's 3rd pick in 2023.

1666096132527.gif
1666096173435.gif

Last two drafts have been really good.

Mac Jones, barmore, Stevenson last year. Zappe, Thornton, jack Jones, Cole strange this year

If we have one more of these drafts, and add a piece here and there then we're right there in the AFC.....great job the last two years of adding pieces.

We haven't seen much of Strong, Kevin Harris or Hines yet, but expect them to also be contributors starting next year!!!

Things have gone downhill for Devin Lloyd since he was the hot topic at the beginning of this thread. This past weekend, he allowed 11 catches on 12 targets for 108 yards and a TD. He has allowed the most receiving yards among all LBs this season.

Things have gone downhill for Devin Lloyd since he was the hot topic at the beginning of this thread. This past weekend, he allowed 11 catches on 12 targets for 108 yards and a TD. He has allowed the most receiving yards among all LBs this season.

That was the knock on him coming out, IIRC...not enough quickness and coverage ability. Some "experts" predicted he'd be a star, others that he'd be a bust.

Posters like @FreeTedWilliams and @VJCPatriot will never admit that they were wrong (again).

100% of NFL teams would take a combination of Strange, Jack Jones, Zappe and a high 3rd round pick in 2023 (the haul for pick 21) over Lloyd or any player chosen between 21 and 28 and it isn’t close. Most GMs would probably laugh if the question were actually posed to them. ie. “Duh!”

The last week has been a tough one for the Fellowship of the Miserable. Thoughts and prayers, boys. We can’t offer support to you directly because we all know that most of you temporarily disappear whenever times are good.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back