PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This summer just feels different

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEY STREAM PARTS OF PRACTICE!!!! Check Patriots.com on YouTube....this AM's practice was supposed to be streamed....but probably was cancelled.

Not sure how much they stream or whether they record, edit, and upload after practice though...but I watched clips of Sony Michel running last night and he looked good.

thanks

LOL. Doomer thread.

I don't mind an "OK Doomer," that would even be witty.

On the minus side of the ledger, the misuse of the whole Karen thing is just dumb, not funny. It just looks like you don't know what the karen thing is supposed to be. I'm not sure I like shaming all karens for one girl's behavior (although someone named Becky is apparently very happy about it.) I just don't know what "Karen" means to guys on here... it's just not funny if you're not in the actual wave that carries something like that, trying to create some kind of alternate universe eddy in its place.

Pretty sure we're one more dead black guy justifiably or not killed by police away from everyone cancelling everything so if COVID doesn't end the season that will

Stupidity. This doesn't have anything to actually do with justice. An activist group is flexing its muscles because it can, nothing more.

I get the anger when a member of the community dies under a policeman's gun, or due to negligence, but the solution to that problem is neither to defund the police or to burn down your own neighborhood. If the bright bulbs of BLM can't come up with a more sane list of demands than that they're going to be wasting their time and ours for the next several years at this rate.

Nothing they're doing is actually about saving black lives and if there was anything that was likely to be done about the overall problem it would already be underway with or without more protests.

At the end of the day bad policing is a local problem, not a national one, and there is no national solution. That these protests have gone national suggests, at least to me, that one or more players at the national level want it to.

I strongly suspect this nonsense is being prolonged because someone wants some noise made until after the election and noise is therefore being duly made. The most the police (oudside the individual officers whose misbehavior opened this can of worms) can be accused of is providing an excuse.

Civil protest is the fundamental right of every American but the riots and attacks need to stop yesterday. You're not gonna accomplish anything good by blowing up your own neighborhoods, and if you're blowing up someone else's, there is a word that describes that, but whoever is calling that "protest" is pronouncing terrorism rather weirdly.

I had to do some research:

"Karen is a pejorative term used in the United States and other English-speaking countries for a woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others."

So, yes, Karen "I don't wear no stinkin' mask." has entered the conversation.

PS. Aploligies. Should have picked a less political example of "Karen Goes Off" video.

Last edited:
@Captain Cliche, did you see where it's about a white woman asserting her privilege in your "research"? So, the concept for your tik tokker seems to stop at a white woman trying to get her way in a vacuum.

But the basic idea originated with a white woman using her perceived place as this delicate flower to attract the attention of authorities, to bring the hammer down inappropriately on minorities.

Although "I'm on tik tok and want to say "Karen" b/c it's trendy" is also an interpretation, here's the video that pretty much put the "karen" thing on the map.

Note the hysterical "fear" specifically of a black man on a call to the police.

"Dentist karen" above is entitled, but throwing out "Karen" in that example really seems like a stretch. The next step is, "look! A white woman who says or does anything I disagree with! Karen! Karen! Karen!"

It leads to the usual Orwellian reversal of meaning -- I can just see the tiki torch nazis screaming about the terrible "Karen" who narcs them out for encircling a synagogue without a permit.

Been to restaurants all summer, weddings, backyard BBQ, waterparks. Don't know where you live but life here is pretty much normal.

Oh..and I haven't worn a mask once. Not once.
You’d be wearing a mask if you lived in Massachusetts . Do you live in Montana?

And there’s no such thing as “a Karen”. It’s just an idiotic made up term that serves no purpose

Been to restaurants all summer, weddings, backyard BBQ, waterparks. Don't know where you live but life here is pretty much normal.

Oh..and I haven't worn a mask once. Not once.
I live in NY, the hardest hit part of the country. The curve in NY has flattened really well (due to following CDC guidelines), but due to how hard NY was hit, the reopening of NY is a lot slower than other parts of the country. That being said, we will continue to social distance and wear masks to keep the cases low (probably only 35%-40% are not following the guidelines, but are forced to in confined areas). Seems like parts of the country that jumped the gun, like Texas, Florida and other Southern belt regions saw a huge upswing in cases in deaths.

Interesting thing regarding jumping the gun, the company I work for has an east coast office, and Texas office, the people from the Texas office were supposed to return in a pilot program (a few people in the office) due to supposed curve flattening, and the east coast people knew they had a long wait. Well after Texas jumped the gun, and the upswing in cases and deaths immediately jumped to higher cases than before, the pilot program they were going to start was shut down immediately. The east coast pilot program is almost a month in already.

I'm happy you were able to live life normally.

You’d be wearing a mask if you lived in Massachusetts . Do you live in Montana?

And there’s no such thing as “a Karen”. It’s just an idiotic made up term that serves no purpose
there is such a thing as "A Karen," it's a term for a demanding person, usually female, who attempts to force the world to work the way they think it does through force of will and/or insane delusions of authority.

Nothing whatsoever to do with me calling out Mr. "Look at me, I'm so important and such a special snowflake I don't need to show basic consideration to the needs of others."

On lighter note:

The rise of "Karen's", "Daren's", and "Chad's" have been a real problem lately.

Never engage with these people, just walk away.

And "Cancel Culture" is really starting to get out of hand.

Last edited:
there is such a thing as "A Karen," it's a term for a demanding person, usually female, who attempts to force the world to work the way they think it does through force of will and/or insane delusions of authority.

Nothing whatsoever to do with me calling out Mr. "Look at me, I'm so important and such a special snowflake I don't need to show basic consideration to the needs of others."
It’s a name someone coined but it’s really just another word for a-hole or DB. I don’t know why someone made up that name, I’d never use it.

I didn’t notice your exchange with mr. look at me

South Florida started improving recently, right after county-wide mask mandates. 53% of Americans wear masks in crowds. If 95% did, an estimated 70,000 fewer Americans would die by December. But no... some can't be hassled and make it political. Dumb...

South Florida started improving recently, right after county-wide mask mandates. 53% of Americans wear masks in crowds. If 95% did, an estimated 70,000 fewer Americans would die by December. But no... some can't be hassled and make it political. Dumb...
As a Conservative let me say I agree completely. This is not a rights issue. This is about showing basic consideration to the needs of those around us.

As for me, I satisfied my need for patriotic expression by getting some patriotic themed masks. My favorite is the white stars on blue fields mask that's small enough to fit in my wallet.

Someone's selling a designer mask that's the face-hugger alien.

Oddly, on my many errands yesterday (moving house, going to the big-trash room often in our condo building,) I noticed that masked women are, it seems, amping up the attractiveness of their not-their-face parts when they go out. Swear to gawd this one had on a full-on go-to-the-bar ****tail dress. And a mask. I kept 6 feet away and didn't stare, and yes I insisted on my own elevator. So I guess I did good.

Are strippers wearing masks?

Asking for a friend.

Social distancing lap dances?
So many questions.

Its a cruel.. Cruel Summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye