PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This just in: Belichick to patfanken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My day is not complete.....

Hey Bill,

I appreciate the 17 years of success. Nothing that y'all do this season
( or don't do) will take away from that.

That said, take your own advice. Your team played like a high schoolers last night.

Hey just so you know, Belichick didn't actually make that meme and doesn't read patsfans..

If you actually appreciated those 17 years of tremendous success (including this season), maybe you would give them the benefit of the doubt and not be so quick to give up on your team after one bad game, considering they won eight straight.

No no, it's the beginning of the end. Again.

Eventually it will be true, put that in you pipe and smoke it.

Last week Ken wrote a post wanting Gronk to apologize to the fans and a red x-ing mob went after him like he was some kind of freaking troll. They probably slapped their mothers for not putting enough cheese on their mac afterwards. :D

Not really a big deal but thought it was strange after all Ken has contributed to the forum over the years.
That's one of the main reasons why I changed the dislike/disagree settings where they no longer hold any value since they were being abused and it got annoying having to keep going in and deleting them when someone went on a rampage. So people can dislike/disagree all they want. They no longer affect anyone's ratings.

That's one of the main reasons why I changed the dislike/disagree settings where they no longer hold any value since they were being abused and it got annoying having to keep going in and deleting them when someone went on a rampage. So people can dislike/disagree all they want. They no longer affect anyone's ratings.

I think you should place a big ole Red X of shame on each of their avatars for a week or two. :D

A forum full of posters who whinge on about accountability and safe spaces and snowflakes and how PC is destroying discourse and of course the admin has to disable post rating system because posters can't handle the horrors of a negative post rating...

I can't even imagine how much BS you've had to deal with from adults about this ****, Iannator.

We need to do everything better both offensively and defensively but now were on to Cincinnati.. sigh..

No, I already covered that. We’re on to Cincinnati

Hey Bill,

I appreciate the 17 years of success. Nothing that y'all do this season
( or don't do) will take away from that.

That said, take your own advice. Your team played like a high schoolers last night.

Weren't you taking a break to deal with stuff in your personal life? What happened? Because that didn't even last 12 hours.

Dude, check'is Post History. His departure that was supposed to last until next year?

18 minutes!!
jester.gif

Couple of weeks ago PFK mentioned a health issue and some sort of medical procedure, as he has never missed a week of Idle Thoughts as far as I can remember, have to wonder if something is going on???

If there is some sort of medical issue hope he recovers soon....

I can kind of see how someone might not like being disliked but to me the disagree button is harmless. I just cannot understand how some people get so offended when somebody clicks the disagree thing on their post. Isn’t disagreement basically what keeps the forum going?

Just to be clear... this is a general comment, not at all about PFKs post.

I can kind of see how someone might not like being disliked but to me the disagree button is harmless. I just cannot understand how some people get so offended when somebody clicks the disagree thing on their post. Isn’t disagreement basically what keeps the forum going?

Just to be clear... this is a general comment, not at all about PFKs post.

Me, I can't say I like it when someone uses the Disagree button, because I think that that Big Red X is ugly as Hell. Whoever designed the system really screwed up in that regard, because every last one'f us knows that the Big Red X is what the Professor scribbles on your paper when you got an answer wrong. It's not intended to be offensive, but, because of that psychological connection, it's irritating.

But to get in a twist over it??
jester.gif

Using the Disagree button isn't my style, but there are plenty of reasonable folks who use it as a sort of "voting" mechanism, using the Agree or Disagree button on posts that they don't feel moved enough by to comment on, but which they feel warrant some level of response, one way or another. Quantum Mechanic is an excellent example of a strong contributor who sometimes takes that approach when he's not waxing poetic.

Each to their own style, I say...But the smartest thing that Ian ever did was to disable whatever he disabled so that those votes don't tally!! The Red X Wars around here might not break the InterNet, but they probably play Hell on Ian's Servers!!
jester.gif

Couple of weeks ago PFK mentioned a health issue and some sort of medical procedure, as he has never missed a week of Idle Thoughts as far as I can remember, have to wonder if something is going on???

His last posts are on Monday night's game thread. I'm guessing the only thing going on is his distaste for what he saw, and having to relive it again enough to write his post. My selfless and sympathetic response would be:

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

;)

A forum full of posters who whinge on about accountability and safe spaces and snowflakes and how PC is destroying discourse and of course the admin has to disable post rating system because posters can't handle the horrors of a negative post rating...

I can't even imagine how much BS you've had to deal with from adults about this ****, Iannator.

This post gets a perfect 10.

I don't use those disagree and dislike buttons much, but I don't care when they're used on my posts. We're not all gonna agree all the time...and I know I'm a great, top notch poster, ratings or not.

*dislike* :cool:

You know what doesn't get enough attention?

People giving you 'useful' post ratings purely to be patronizing. Now those hurt. :(

Time to rid of the useful post rating, Ian! It's demeaning! :rolleyes:

I've never used the negative ratings deliberately. I see that I've given some, according to my profile page, but I'm pretty sure those were cursor spasms ("missed it by THAT much!").

I told you guys patfanken was on pace for a record number of idle thoughts this season. Wasn't going to hold up.

Last week Ken wrote a post wanting Gronk to apologize to the fans and a red x-ing mob went after him like he was some kind of freaking troll. They probably slapped their mothers for not putting enough cheese on their mac afterwards. :D

Not really a big deal but thought it was strange after all Ken has contributed to the forum over the years.

I think Ken owes us an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand