PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is what media lies do to people

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't just exclusive to the pats or even entirely media related. People believe what they want to believe and we probably have our fair share on this board as well. Is it really worth the effort worrying about? No not really. Its not like we can set the record straight or anything like that.

This isn't just exclusive to the pats or even entirely media related. People believe what they want to believe and we probably have our fair share on this board as well. Is it really worth the effort worrying about? No not really. Its not like we can set the record straight or anything like that.

Nah, it's just irritating to a degree. It's like fans of 31 other teams think Brady lobbied the damn league to get a rule changed.

You didn't know? :eek:

Wait really? I know he got the tuck rule made up on the fly but I didn't know he actually went in front of the rules committee for this one. I'm a freakin idiot

...... People believe what they want to believe ........

This is a very very profound statement which is probably the
greatest truth in the world today!!!!!!

It is the root cause of wars and all that is evil. IMO

I've come to the conclusion that the world is full of morons, and we have to share the world with them.. and their chat forum heroics.

Brady is the only football player I've seen throw himself to the ground and fake an injury to try to get a flag like soccer players in Europe do after someone breathes on them.

A man doesn't do that. A football player in the NFL doesn't do that.

He's a little girl.
Some of the things I read across forums really leave me scratching my head.

You know, I try not to be all pissed off about it... but it's pretty effin' stupid... I mean really? How effin' dumb do fans have to be?

They make rats fans seem intelligent. As far as I am concerned after some of those comments all prior restraints in the name of good taste are gone.

I've come to the conclusion that the world is full of morons, and we have to share the world with them.. and their chat forum heroics.

"He's a little girl"??? Even with our O-line, Brady takes more of a pounding every week than Brees gets in a month, yet he keeps coming back. We'll see who the little girl is Monday.

Don't let the few boneheaded fans color your views of the whole fan base. Take everyone as an individual. I read through those threads as well and there were a few posters here and there that seemed level headed and knowledgable. Not many, but a few.

Wow, what and arrogant, never achieved anything, fan base. Jesus, act like you're 10-0 and have been there before. I mean it's one thing to say "I think we're gonna win", but it's altogether another pretending like the 7-3 opponent sucks and doesn't have a choice.

I'd rather deal with Indy, or Pittsburgh fans. They are douches too, but at least they understand that we're gonna give them a fight and are respectful of us, even if they believe they are gonna win.

They Saints fans are really starting to annoy me.

That guy must listen to Felger...

Wow, what and arrogant, never achieved anything, fan base. Jesus, act like you're 10-0 and have been there before. I mean it's one thing to say "I think we're gonna win", but it's altogether another pretending like the 7-3 opponent sucks and doesn't have a choice.

I'd rather deal with Indy, or Pittsburgh fans. They are douches too, but at least they understand that we're gonna give them a fight and are respectful of us, even if they believe they are gonna win.

Well, I think it's because the Pats don't play the Saints on a regular basis and due to their location, they probably don't see many Pats games on TV. A lot of what they go on and on about is stuff you hear brought up on ESPN and the pre-game shows.

Last edited:
Don't let the few boneheaded fans color your views of the whole fan base. Take everyone as an individual. I read through those threads as well and there were a few posters here and there that seemed level headed and knowledgable. Not many, but a few.

+1. Nice to have some semblance of sanity in the debate once in a while.

Last edited:

Usually I'm the one saying "What have you done lately?" When Packer fans try giving me grief, I point out that the Patriots have at least won Super Bowls in the current century. ;)

But the Saints, let's be honest, have done next to nothing for the better part of 40 years. It took them 20+ years to even win their division, 30+ to win a playoff game, almost 40 to reach a conference championship game, and their most successful coach until now was Jim Mora, for chrissakes. But now all of a sudden they're the big boys on the block?

Usually I'm the one saying "What have you done lately?" When Packer fans try giving me grief, I point out that the Patriots have at least won Super Bowls in the current century. ;)

But the Saints, let's be honest, have done next to nothing for the better part of 40 years. It took them 20+ years to even win their division, 30+ to win a playoff game, almost 40 to reach a conference championship game, and their most successful coach until now was Jim Mora, for chrissakes. But now all of a sudden they're the big boys on the block?

I live here and I can't tell you how annoying they've become. I'd like to think we at least won our first Superbowl before the uber-prick portion of our fanbase came out. Not only have they become extremely arrogant their whole "we're the best fans in the world" schtick is ******ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes