PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is what media lies do to people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's just irritating to a degree. It's like fans of 31 other teams think Brady lobbied the damn league to get a rule changed.

Thats nothing I heard Carson Palmer refer to the Brady rule, he believed the media even when he knew the rule was made as a direct result of a hit on him by the steelers....dumbfounding

Its the same hype machine that says theres a three way race for mvp and Bradys not in it. Horsepucky

Thats nothing I heard Carson Palmer refer to the Brady rule, he believed the media even when he knew the rule was made as a direct result of a hit on him by the steelers....dumbfounding

Its the same hype machine that says theres a three way race for mvp and Bradys not in it. Horsepucky

Did you hear last week when I think Nantz said Brady was having a down year? I thought I was having a stroke because my brain couldn't possibly fathom that someone would say that considering hes on pace for the second best numbers of his career.

Usually I'm the one saying "What have you done lately?" When Packer fans try giving me grief, I point out that the Patriots have at least won Super Bowls in the current century. ;)

But the Saints, let's be honest, have done next to nothing for the better part of 40 years. It took them 20+ years to even win their division, 30+ to win a playoff game, almost 40 to reach a conference championship game, and their most successful coach until now was Jim Mora, for chrissakes. But now all of a sudden they're the big boys on the block?

If ya ask me they just went from the Aints to the Taints

Hmm, before reading a little bit on that thread and the forum, i never knew what to think of Saints fans. Now I do.

Not only are they just absurd in every way, (The Pats are actually # 1 In Roughing the Passer penalties) But they seem to think they are special, and that they are unbeatable.

First off, they don't have the better Quarterback, enough said there.

They have had close games with teams like the Dolphins and Rams.

I seem to recall us blowing out the Dolphins.

They obviously know close to nothing about football so my guess is BANDWAGON.

I don't let it bother me though, because after we beat their overrated team on MNF they'll be hopping on ours.

Did you hear last week when I think Nantz said Brady was having a down year? I thought I was having a stroke because my brain couldn't possibly fathom that someone would say that considering hes on pace for the second best numbers of his career.

Not surprised I swear I dont even think half those talking heads watch football. Nantz hadnt heard Brady being hyped so he assumed down year. Lazy? Pathetic? Stupid? Im thinking its the trifecta

One of those side effects of this wonderful thing called the internet is the combination of everybody being able to say whatever they want to say to a worldwide audience, and opinions getting repeated often enough that they become accepted as true facts. Now mix in people only listening to what they want to hear that fits their agenda, and the media pandering to that in the name of profits - well, it's surprising their are any level-headed discussions at all from opposing fans.

Not surprised I swear I dont even think half those talking heads watch football. Nantz hadnt heard Brady being hyped so he assumed down year. Lazy? Pathetic? Stupid? Im thinking its the trifecta

You'll have to forgive Jim Nantz. His mind is elsewhere as he tries to figure out how to keep a 29 year old girlfriend AND not lose his entire fortune via an upcomming nasty divorce trial.

Brady HAS had a down year. What's great about that is that his down year is just about the best year any QB is having and he's getting better as the season goes on.

Last edited:
Brady HAS had a down year. What's great about that is that his down year is just about the best year any QB is having and he's getting better as the season goes on.

That's what I've been thinking. A lot of QBs would kill to have as good a year as Brady's "down year." ;)

Nah, it's just irritating to a degree. It's like fans of 31 other teams think Brady lobbied the damn league to get a rule changed.

First off I am new to the forum and a Saints fan. I love to go to the other teams place and trade info and insight into each others teams. After all nobody knows the Saints like a Saints fan and so goes for the Pats and their fans. I hope we enjoy each other all week and I don't have to be labeled a "lurker" because truth be told I do not sign up to all teams boards. Just the ones I think I can get good convo out of.

As far as this thread does all teams have their fanatical fans that only see things through their teams eyes. If it was Brees that got hit that way and hurt last year instead of Brady and the rule was changed Saints fans would be all for it. Fans are like that. How many times a call is overruled against a home team and it is obvious it is the right call but the fans boo? I've seen Brees on several occasions this year turn to a ref to get a call and get it. Vilma blasted Manning helmet to helmet and fans were mad because he got a flag and fine. You have your upper echelon of QB's that just get those calls. It's like the MJ rule. Brady Quinn is not getting those call because he is not that important to the league. Guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, Big Ben and Favre are. They bring in ratings so of course when a Dirty hit goes down on a star player they are going to look harder at that particular hit and maybe make rules changes. Heck they made one for TO when they made the horse collar rule. All I can sya is deal with it because when Bress turns around, begs for a flag and gets it I will be at home clapping and cheering my team on just like you should if Brady does it. It is all part of the game and we love it. Peace.

Last edited:
They can all say whatever they want about Brady and this Patriots team. Let them talk!

Brady and Company just need to go out there and take care of business on Monday night, and come away with a "Win" over the Saints. That is all that concerns me.

don't be too hard on aints fans. remember they are all probably somehow related to peyton and eli. their IQ and gene pool are not that deep.

I'm not sure you could call this a "down-year". Sure, compared to '07 its a down year, but compared to his entire career, this is his second best year/start of his career. Of course the expectations go up when you have Moss and Welker compared to Branch and... well, no one.

They and the media are treating this game as if it's the most important game in their franchise history. It probably is, for them.

The Fins game the next week is more important for the Patriots.

I think they're to stupid to udnerstand what the media meant when it said "brady rule"

I remember them calling it that because after it was revealed Pollard delivered a dirty hit, they did more to protect QBs, this was effected by the injury of Brady thus being called the "Brady rules"

So why these idiots continue to act like we get calls all day is absolutely ridiculous. EVERY team in EVERY game is going to get ****ed on a call. It's a judgement thing and human judgement is rarely right, this ref has one chance to see it and make the call. We see an "obvious" call 50 times, the ref sees it once, for a second.

I've seen multiple teams get weak ass calls this year, that's just what the league is doing. Lets face it, they want to protect QBs. Not just Brady, but guys like McNabb, Manning, Rivers, etc. Guys who sell tickets.

I think the whole reason people wave Brady rules over us is because they fail to understand it's meaning. No it's not because Brady gets calls, it's because of what happened to Brady that calls like this are made. But hey, the average American can barely comprehend a statement correctly so who's really shocked? :D

They and the media are treating this game as if it's the most important game in their franchise history. It probably is, for them.

The Fins game the next week is more important for the Patriots.

Yup. This game is important for the Pats themselves more than anything. This is their chance to prove they can beat a good team on the road. Outside of that, this game means ****. It would mean a lot more for us if were were unbeaten too.

However, in terms of seeding, getting the bye, etc. Every game is important here on out.

Last edited:
Yup. This game is important for the Pats themselves more than anything. This is their chance to prove they can beat a good team on the road. Outside of that, this game means ****. It would mean a lot more for us if were were unbeaten too.

However, in terms of seeding, getting the bye, etc. Every game is important here on out.

As a Saints fan I will tell you this might be the most hyped game in Saints history but it is the least important game left of the schedule. With Minn. at 9 and 1 with their loss being to the Steelers we have to make sure we don't lose to a NFC team if they happen to go 15 and 1. This game is getting a lot of media attention which is good for my city but it is not even close to being the biggest game in Saints history and I do not think you will find one Saints fan that will say that it is. I know you think we have lost every year since we were in existence but we have had playoff years and any playoff game we played was more important than this one, the first game after Katrina was more important that this one and any home game we have left after you all is more important than this one.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

People are complaining about a thread on the Saints board talking about cheap calls going against them, yet this very board is chalk full of threads about how the Colts have the refs in their pockets and the Pats only lose because of that.

*cough* hypocritical? *cough*

Why is Saints fans complaining about Brady rule conspiracies any less relevant than Pats fans complaining about Polian rule conspiracies?

If it's ignorant for them to do it, why isn't it considered ignorant here?

Am I the only one that sees the irony in this?

People are complaining about a thread on the Saints board talking about cheap calls going against them, yet this very board is chalk full of threads about how the Colts have the refs in their pockets and the Pats only lose because of that.

*cough* hypocritical? *cough*

Why is Saints fans complaining about Brady rule conspiracies any less relevant than Pats fans complaining about Polian rule conspiracies?

If it's ignorant for them to do it, why isn't it considered ignorant here?

I'd like to see them cite actual instances other than the usual "tuck rule" or "brady calls for flags." With the Colts, although the complaining is stupid and I'm guilty of it as much as anyone, we can actually cite examples of getting screwed, like faceguarding for example.

I'd like to see them cite actual instances other than the usual "tuck rule" or "brady calls for flags." With the Colts, although the complaining is stupid and I'm guilty of it as much as anyone, we can actually cite examples of getting screwed, like faceguarding for example.

I wonder if it's because the Pats and Saints almost never play each other? How could they cite previous examples when the two teams almost never meet?

Let's face it folks, its the exact same thing. Either accept it there and here, or call it stupid on both. Let's not be hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back