PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Chiefs team is garbage

That was no road game. It was virtually a pro Patriots crowd.

Even if the Chiefs did lose (Unlikely), how can someone overreact so much to one game?
Side note: your avatar is funny -- BB's more buxom than Linda. :eek:

As if they had enough problems stopping the run with a healthy crew...

They don't even want Mike Pennel.

They had a bad game but I’m not ready to call them garbage. They will probably wind up 13-3 or 14-2

I agree that there’s a huge overreaction here, though 4+ losses wouldn’t surprise me with that tough schedule. We can rightfully point out that their team has some huge holes, especially in the classic football sense, but here’s the key factor: in the modern NFL, offense is the most reliable indicator of wins and teams with a strong passing offense are most likely to perform consistently any given Sunday.

Other metrics like rushing yards and a lot of defensive stats don’t always predict performance well because they tend to be based more on situation and opponent. That’s not saying what the Patriots are doing is random and fully opponent based, but it’s to say in modern history there have not been a lot of truly dominant defenses and typically the better offense wins. I do hope the Patriots are a historic outlier. I just think it’s crazy to think a team like the Chiefs are going to be a pushover, considering that offense imposes it’s will most of the time.

The Patriots from roughly 2009-13 and again in 2017 had plenty of problems and were carried by the passing game, and they were certainly within striking distance of a championship.

Nice signing.

"jumped" to the garbage conclusion, but they do have issues

Man this board is just hot takes all the way down

Oh I'm ****ing sorry, but you can sit over there on your high horse because you have value and a life.

Hot takes are all I have you normie scum and I'm gonna give them to you.

Okay. So obviously, Williams would be a huge asset to this team. There is absolutely no denying that. And any attempt to trivialize his impact is a fools errand, a waste of time, and a terrible argument.

But I seriously have no idea how you plan on making room for him. The Patriots have nothing to offer someone of his caliber, other than a shot. And while people take discounts for that shot, it would be an INSANE discount given his worth. Unprecedented. Any releases we'd have to make would remove components of this team that make it so good.

Please dismantle my belief as much as you can. Be easy on me, but rip my post to shreds, because damnit I want to be a believer as well.

Edit: Forgot to include - in tearing me apart, please explain how we actually convince Washington to trade him. They have been blisteringly stubborn in this, as well.

At LT I prefer Wynn, the 2020 high draft pick(s) and the 2020 cap space over Williams.

The question is will Brady survive until Wynn returns because Newhouse has the lateral quickness of an elderly walrus and Garrett is coming to town soon. Unfortunately, Cannon is also surprisingly struggling.

They had a bad game but I’m not ready to call them garbage. They will probably wind up 13-3 or 14-2

They’re not going 9-2 the rest of the way I’ll bet everything I own on that

I wouldn’t bury the Chiefs, but they easily regressed from last season. I just don’t see them as a true SB contender with their defense and injuries. And they were exposed in the AFC championship game last year and teams will replicate BB’s blueprint. They may sneak into the title game based on the AFC being weak overall, but I don’t see them making it to the SB against NE.

They should've also lost at Detroit, and could've easily been staring at another late-4th-quarter deficit vs the Murderer-Worshippers were it not for Johnny Harbaby's weird fascination with the 2-point conversion early in games (in addition to a Very sketchy RTP call on 3rd down).

Well the Chief's D was struggling prior to Jones injury no pass rush and no run D. Now Indy's OL is currently better than ours. That gap should close if Wynn is healthy, Dante will also coach them up.

There O is good and Mahomes is a very good/great QB, however he is not perfect. He is better out of the pocket than he is in the pocket a bit like Rogers or Farve. If you can create pressure with 4 rushers AND keep him in the pocket he can be limited. So they can be slowed down as the Colts showed. I see the Patriots as better equipped to successfully use this approach.

Who have the Pats played? Bills and Pittsburgh. The rest were garbage teams and now the Giants. Brady has struggled, OL has struggled, and the kicker. After the Giants, , 6-0. Thankfully our defense has been our Savior.

There is a reason he as available 6 weeks into the season in a league where many teams struggle with their OL.
Agreed, Patriots signed/traded for, what, 4, 5 offensive linemen since the start of the season?

That said, he can't be any worse than what they have. I don't get the gnashing of teeth and fainting couches however. This is a new thing. "The Chiefs signed someone - DAMN YOU PATRIOTS FOR NOT SIGNING THIS PERSON WHO PROBABLY COULDN'T MAKE THE TEAM"

There is a reason he as available 6 weeks into the season in a league where many teams struggle with their OL.
I was being sarcastic.

At LT I prefer Wynn, the 2020 high draft pick(s) and the 2020 cap space over Williams.

The question is will Brady survive until Wynn returns because Newhouse has the lateral quickness of an elderly walrus and Garrett is coming to town soon. Unfortunately, Cannon is also surprisingly struggling.

It amazes me how much ppl are willing to give on a player like Sanders for 10/13 games with a HUGE cap hit. Trent Williams is a GREAT player but you just spend a #1 on a LT when healthy is REALLY GOOD. So what you do? Move Wynn to the RT and pay your backup RT 5M?

They gotta protect Newhouse weakness ... Put the TE there to help, another OL but don't trade the future for guys that you already have. Wynn and Harry can return and are #1 picks with huge upside.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back