PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Worst Patriot Draft Picks EVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Maroney mentioned here. And how the Pats would've won a SB in 06 & 07 with a different RB.
That was me.
In fact, not feeding said RB the ball more was the issue.
Maroney rushed 14 for 36 yards. He was extremely ineffective. Sammy Morris was a massive loss and he could've helped pick up tough yards to help Brady not throw so damn much.
That Giants defense was ferocious up front. Having Brady drop back all day long was a recipe for disaster. As was the bizarre decision to go for it on 4th and 13th.
Brady's ankle injury played a major part. Strahan also admitting he and his boys had to play the game of their lives or they were going to get blown out as well as Spags installing all new wrinkles which threw off McDaniels.

Last edited:
I know I haven't been following the Pats as long as some of you, but for me, the names are :

Duke Dawson
Tavon Wilson
Jordan Richards
Come on, you've got to know some others further back than that.

I'll even throw in Eugene Wilson. Started off hot in 2003 and 2004 and then........cliff.

He replaced fan favorite Lawyer Milloy, who was cut right before the 2003 season which looking back at it now was pretty fugged up. Asking a player to reduce his salary right before the season is starting was quite poor timing. I was stoked for a Milloy-Harrison team up. :(

Tom "Benedict Arnold" Brady... Yeah I went there!!! #TraitorGetNoGlory

How does any list not start with Tavon Wilson at #48 or Jordan Richards at any spot? Lol

There's plenty to choose from though (in no particular order):

- Ron Brace (really Bill?)
- Chad Jackson (though I get the allure)
- Dominique Easly (this is hard for me because dude was a monster away UF)
- Cyrus Jones

There are more, obviously, but these are the players who stick out at this very moment. Easley is the one I really hesitated to put on the list. He was worth the pick just for the upside. Had his knees not been such an issue, he would have been our version of Aaron Donald. He had that much explosiveness, instinct and tenacity coming out of UF.

Last edited:
Jordan Richards
Aaron Dropson
Jake “I have incriminating Belichick photos” Bequette
Dobson is hindsight, though. He caught just about everything that hit his hands his final season at Marshall. He got to the league and seemingly decided he didn't like contact anymore.

I'll even throw in Eugene Wilson. Started off hot in 2003 and 2004 and then........cliff.

He replaced fan favorite Lawyer Milloy, who was cut right before the 2003 season which looking back at it now was pretty fugged up. Asking a player to reduce his salary right before the season is starting was quite poor timing. I was stoked for a Milloy-Harrison team up. :(

lots and lots haven't had one good year. 2 good years is more than enough to exclude you from being a bust, and certainly from being the worst bust ever.

Chris Canty was so horrid all you guys have a mental block even remembering him

lots and lots haven't had one good year. 2 good years is more than enough to exclude you from being a bust, and certainly from being the worst bust ever.
I'm just throwing out names that aren't so obvious.

I think you need to exclude players who never got started due to injury. That really only leaves Jordan Richards as the worst pick in recent history. Most of the others have injury excuses.

Jordan Richards. Went at least 3 rounds too high. Why Belichick felt he needed to get him there we‘ll never know.
He did so that Tavon Wilson wouldn’t be the worst 2nd round pick ever.

Harry has the potential to achieve very high marks on this list.

I haven't read any of these posts yet...I only came here to state for the record that we will be adding at least one more name to the sh!t list here from this draft before the night is Ovah...

Jordan Richards made Michael Jordan want to change his last name...but do you think that guy is worse than Terrence Wheatley, Tavon Wilson, or Glass-I Dowling?
He is worse than Tavon Wilson and I think IR-Dowling doesn’t count for much since he never really had onfield opportunity.

Absolutely not. He provided two very good seasons, both of which resulted in Super Bowls. That’s a lot better than most of the guys being mentioned in this thread.

For some reason, i seem to remember Eugene Chung being a decent guard and a sucky tackle, which is where they shifted him over his first year.
He got into Parcells doghouse and never recovered.

I haven't read any of these posts yet...I only came here to state for the record that we will be adding at least one more name to the sh!t list here from this draft before the night is Ovah...
Can't wait for tonight's inevitable headscratcher , like WHOOO?! I actually have a feeling we trade down again and tank the 2020 season, though we won't call it that. Tank for Trevor on the Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes