PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The worst 5 qb in NE Patriots history ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started it all with Grogan (Tough SOB) then Bledsoe and then TB GOAT.
Grogan, Pat Patriot Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadiums started in my teens and will always be special to me.
When I finally went to Gillette in 2011 I went to at least one game every year since then. So I'd say those 3 I mentioned are My Pat's QBs.

Last edited:
Lol way to bump up a 10 year old thread. Was this the oldest thread on the forum?

I'm not sure voting for Tebow is allowed on a thread that started over ten years ago and before his time.

Wow, good observation. I didn't realize that. I wonder why someone decided to bring this thread 'back from the dead'.

Is this the message board's version of "Throwback Thursday'?

Pick 5 from 1989 to 1992. They all sucked.

Wow, this brings back some real bad memories. Going by just their Pats performance and only looking at guys who actually started a game.
Don Trull
Joe Kapp
Marc Wilson
Tom Sherman
Scott Secules

And don't forget to add John Huard !!
Is that the correct spelling for the Irish Heisman winner who was drafted by the Jets along with an Alabama guy named Namath, Lots of press clippings and couldn't carry Parillli's jockstrap...

Oddly enough, the trade for Joe Kapp and the press conference which followed is my earliest Patriots memory. Being 10, I was convinced the Pats were destined to win it all.

Even more oddly, my second earliest Patriots memory is when we drafted Jim Plunkett #1 the very next year. Being 11, I was again convinced the Patriots would win it all :) I wish I could have maintained that etenal optimism to this day.

But my actual nomination for worst Pats QB is Rich Gannon. He was so bad they traded him without even giving him a chance at QB!

Good One. He couldn't play TE

Tim Tebow
Jacoby Brisset
Matt Cassel
Jimmy Garropolo
Tom Brady

Only ones from my era as a football fan

1. Joe Kapp
  2. Joe Kapp
  3. Joe Kapp
  4. Joe Kapp
  5. Joe Kapp
And to think, I was excited when they got Kapp, played in the Super bowl, thought he would bring the Pats to glory. I was young back then.

Let's be fair to Joe Kapp. He was done. Watch Kapp's highlights with the Vikings. Yes, never a good thrower, but probably the toughest QB in NFL history. Now that was a football player.

Mike Taliaferro

Joe Kapp

Rohan Davey

Tom Hodson

The eternal optimist in me as a long time suffering Pat's fan (became a fan in 1975), I actually thought Tommy Hodson had a chance at being a decent to good QB. He was very good at LSU, and I was psyched when we drafted him. I would say, he wasn't entirely horrendous. He played on some really terrible Patriot's teams and finished his career with 7 TDs and 11 Ints. Not horrible considering the situations and teams he was on. But certainly not good either.

Mike Taliaferro

Joe Kapp

Rohan Davey

Tom Hodson

Jeff Carlson
Tom Owen
Neil Graf
Hugh Millen
Scott Zolak
Don Trull
Tom Sherman
Tom Yewcic
Eddie Wilson
Marc Wilson

No particular order. Don't think Rohan ever started a game.

Maybe against Dent, Perry & Singleterry in SB XX, but aside from that I cannot recall him having a mobility / release problem. Eason was under pressure because he had a mobile QB waiting to come in behind him (Grogan) who had the resopect of the fans more than he had.
Grogan was no longer mobile at that point.

Old codgers brawl! Joe Kapp and Angelo Mosca brawl because of a controversial hit by Mosca on Kapp 48 years before. Feckin' stupid eh?

I love this thread, it is a lot of fun to read. We should do one for all positions

Tebow wasn't good enough to make the roster so he should be excluded from any list like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back