Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
what is yr opinion ?

in this case i have not the top 5 list that i have for the best top 5...(Brady, Bledsoe, Grogan, Parilli, Eason and i should add Plunkett)

Last edited:
what is yr opinion ?

in this case i have not the top 5 list that i have for the best top 5...(Brady, Bledsoe, Grogan, Parilli, Eason and i should add Plunkett)

having started to watch in the early 70's I didnt get to see some of the reeaally bad ones of the 60's but i'll give it a try.

in no particular order.

Marc Wilson

Matt Cavanaugh ( this pains me to say, as when he was drafted and at the end of 1980 I loved this guy. but I think I watched him pass for negative yards in a game at Cleveland in 1982)

Scott Secules ( Bill, this is why you werent allowed to buy the groceries after 1995, too many brilliant signings as this)

Rohan Davey did he EVER make a play?

Scott Zolak c'mon now, one game at Indy and one game at home against the 49ers ( I was at that game, couldnt believe my eyes) doth not a career make

Tony Eason by far. I can still see him curling up in the fetal position as the pocket collapsed.

was that before or after he quarterbacked the team to the Super Bowl?

i dunno, dont think Marc Wilson could have done that

Mike Taliaferro

Joe Kapp

Rohan Davey

Tom Hodson

The worst 5 QBs in Pats history? That's like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

And if Joe Kapp is not in your top 5, you had the good fortune of not seeing one of the worst perfoming QBs in NFL history as was the Kapp era for the Pats.

Tony Eason by far. I can still see him curling up in the fetal position as the pocket collapsed.

Maybe against Dent, Perry & Singleterry in SB XX, but aside from that I cannot recall him having a mobility / release problem. Eason was under pressure because he had a mobile QB waiting to come in behind him (Grogan) who had the resopect of the fans more than he had.

no love for Hugh Millen?

and there are probably a few here that would put Rohan on this list

damn--no recollection of this dude:

Jeff Carlson

18-49 for 232yds 1td 3int in 3 games for the NEP

that's sucktastic

1.) Marc Wilson
2.) Scott Zolak
3.) Scott Secules
4.) Tony Eason
5.) Hugh Millen

Maybe against Dent, Perry & Singleterry in SB XX, but aside from that I cannot recall him having a mobility / release problem. Eason was under pressure because he had a mobile QB waiting to come in behind him (Grogan) who had the resopect of the fans more than he had.

Eason wasn't a bad QB -- but he was indeed a coward. He was notorious for looking for a safe place to go down rather than standing in the pocket and taking a hit after a throw.

Last edited:
Just to defend Eason (as usual), he was the 4th ranked QB in the NFL in 1984. Here are some of his stats:

84: 259-431, 3228 yards, 23 touchdowns, 8 interceptions
85: 168-299, 2156 yards, 11 touchdowns, 17 interceptions
86: 276-448, 3328 yards, 19 touchdowns, 10 interceptions

In '85 he quarterbacked the Pats to 3 straight playoff victories (zero interceptions).

I realize a lot fans don't like him, and that's cool, but IMO he wasn't nearly the worst quarterback to don a Pats uniform.

Matt Cavanaugh and Drew Bledsoe :D :D :D

Cavanaugh was never a long term project. Drew carried the team single handed for a number of seasons. Just because his replacement is a better player than Drew we should not forget what he brought to the table (the single game record at the time against the the Vikings springs to mind).

We have been luckier than most Franchises when it comes to QB's. Now if it was RBs.....:)

Just to defend Eason (as usual), he was the 4th ranked QB in the NFL in 1984. Here are some of his stats:

84: 259-431, 3228 yards, 23 touchdowns, 8 interceptions
85: 168-299, 2156 yards, 11 touchdowns, 17 interceptions
86: 276-448, 3328 yards, 19 touchdowns, 10 interceptions

In '85 he quarterbacked the Pats to 3 straight playoff victories (zero interceptions).

i have always been pro Eason too and in 1985 we arrived to the FIRST SUPER BOWL thks to him too

and the 3 straight play-off W were...on the road...

easy ?

Drew carried the team single handed for a number of seasons. Just because his replacement is a better player than Drew we should not forget what he brought to the table (the single game record at the time against the the Vikings springs to mind).

well said...i'm with you

Drew has been a good qb and when he arrived he created hopes in a muribund franchise like we were

i have not forgotten it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots