PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The truth about the PatsFans draft experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are fine but seriously why have I only seen one persons (kontrdicion (sorry if i messed that up)) say anything remotley postive about the player that was picked.

I was stuck watching the ESPN coverage online and they said hte words "special teams player" about the pick now everyone on the board is saying so i guess we all know where they got there information

Informed opinions are better then whining

That brings up a good point. talking hair hats like Kiper and others who don't work for teams (Kirwan would be an exception) don't know what they're talking about either, as evidenced by all thse professional GMs and coach's who always make glaring errors an reaches.

Amazingly the "reaches" usually have great careers while the pundits picks often suck.

Funny how that works.

Kind of glad the Patriots reached for players like Branch and Vollmer myself.

Did "can't miss" Chad Jackson finally stick somewhere?

Last edited:
That's all well and good. Just don't expect a HOF coach of a team that has won more games and championships in the last decade than any other to draft for his multi million dollar franchise with even a passing interest in your level of interest or entertainment. And don't be so arrogant as to deceive yourself into believing you somehow know more about drafting or teambuilding than he does... He's forgotten more about it than anyone on this board will ever know.

This is true, and I've been thought of as a negative poster for awhile now.

Simply put, Belichick is not perfect, he's not a God, and he's screwed up more than usual, recently. That said, if there is one thing the guy can do, it's draft players in rd 1.

Last edited:
It's a message board. The people offering their opinion of the pick are doing precisely what should be expected of people on a message board. The people posting to make fun of those people shouldn't be posting on message boards at all, since they either think they are too cool to do so (you nerds...), or they're not smart enough to figure out what a message board is about.

By the way, "obvious" doesn't exist in the NFL draft. Just ask any number of teams that have drafted busts in the top 5.

Reverse your words. Don't the people who disagree with you have the right to post on a message board? Perhaps they feel the purpose of a message board is different than what you do?
Perhaps if we stopped trying to tell each other what a message board is for, we can start having discussions that revolve around football instead of every discussion becoming "Your opinion doesnt count because you have an agenda". Doesnt that get tired?

No surprise that everyone got defensive and missed the OP's point. The point was not that we shouldn't express our opinion, but that our opinions simply CANNOT BE as informed as Belichick's. There are people on this board that think that watching youtube highlights and reading draft guides by other guys who watch youtube highlights is a substitute for the scouring of hours and hours of coaches' film, per player, by a team of professional scouts who know what BB is looking for, not to mention the personal workouts and interviews that BB is privy to.

Last edited:
This is a terrible post. Just another "why don't we just all agree with one another?" threads. Please set yourself on fire for wasting everyone's time.

I disagree. I think it's aimed at the "OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS GOING TO END! BILL KRAFT IS CHEAP, BOB BELICHEEK IS A CHIMP!" posts, and not the constructive discussions that some other posters are having.

I don't mind people hating the pick, as long as they state their position intelligently and not with some knee-jerk, know-nothing OH MY GOD stance.

That brings up a good point. talking hair hats like Kyper and others who don't work for teams (Kirwan would be an exception) don't know what they're talking about either, as evidenced by all thse professional GMs and coach's who always make glaring errors an reaches.

Amazingly the "reaches" usually have great careers while the pundits picks often suck.

Funny how that works.

Kind of glad the Patriots reached for players like Branch and Vollmer myself.

Did "can't miss" Chad Jackson finally stick somewhere?

Somewhere in there is genius, I just cant put my finger on it.;);)

Seriously though, by definition a 'great value' pick is a guy that got passed on for awhile and 'fell to you' and a shocker is a guy you take before someone else does.
I think if you follow that approach, the best picks are the ones that everyone kept passing on. Given that you could pull out any consensus predraft ranking system 3-4 years later and be amazed at how far off the ultimate production was from the rankings, we end up with a bizarre system for rating a draft the day after.

And, again, you're full of crap. However, please feel free to keep pretending. Your trolling has always been amusing in its hypocrisy.

No idea what you just typed up, there. For the third time, I've decided not to read your posts for an extended period of time. I expect things to remain status quo for the forseable future.

Amazing how fast you respond to posts - btw. I'd assume it's because your logged on for 23 hours per day? Don't answer that (I wont be reading it).

No surprise that everyone got defensive and missed the OP's point. The point was not that we shouldn't express our opinion, but that our opinions simply CANNOT BE as informed as Belichick's. There are people on this board that think that watching youtube highlights and reading draft guides by other guys who watch youtube highlights is a substitute for the scouring of hours and hours of coaches' film, per player, by a team of professional scouts who know what BB is looking for, not to mention the personal workouts and interviews that BB is privy to.

You = smart.

You can do whatever you want....my point: none of you experts know what you're talking about.

Excuse me? I gained all my knowledge on the opinions, analysis, and youtube clips I found on the internetz. After figuring out who this guy was that the patriots picked, and then following up with my "sources", I give this pick a stamp of approval.:violent:

I have no opinion on the pick. That said, looking at history (Mankins) it will probably turn out to be a good one.

Let me just say...all you nerds crying about the draft, and trying to come of as some sort of "experts", make me laugh. The truth: none of you have any clue what you're talking about and if you do call out a player who becomes an all-pro it was either: 1.) luck or 2.) Obvious (ex: saying Earl Thomas is going to be a stud - etc).

If there is one thig Belichick is pretty good at, it's drafting in the first round.

Interesting comment. But I disagree, Belichick's draft prowess, has been sorely lacking the last 5 years or so. ONE Pro Bowl draft choice since 2005 does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy when Belichick goes off the board (once again), and picks a CB rated anywhere from the 5th best CB to the 14th. The guy the Jets got after us was pretty much the concensus 2nd or 3rd best CB across the board. The CB picked after the Jet's pick was rated higher (across the board) than our stud CB.

Considering we have NO pass rush, a backup CB who is more well known for his special teams prowess than his defensive prowess was not the smart pick. Whether we are geeks or not, is irrelevant. Sometimes, an idiot can spot the obvious right move over a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Certainly.
There is a big difference between:
Discussing why BB felt there was need at corner
and
Saying Wow BB the moron screwed up again, how can he be so stupid to not know we dont need corners?

In the end its the difference between recognizing BB is the best in the business and acting as if he should call you before he makes a pick.

In fairness though, if your personality is to critique everything, the draft is a great place, because over 50% of the picks can be argued as poor ultimately, since there are always players taken later that turn out better than players taken earlier. I guess it would just be nice if people realized that about 3% of what a player is going to be is determined before draft day and 97% of it is what he does starting this day in terms of training, growth, development, commitment, technique improvement, attitude, desire and skil improvement.

No idea what you just typed up, there. For the third time, I've decided not to read your posts for an extended period of time. I expect things to remain status quo for the forseable future.

Amazing how fast you respond to posts - btw. I'd assume it's because your logged on for 23 hours per day? Don't answer that (I wont be reading it).
No offense, but when you keep going out of your way to point out to someone that you're ignoring them, that means you aren't ignoring them. At all.

Also, repeating the fact that you aren't reading his posts sure makes it seems like you are. Otherwise, how do you know he isn't agreeing with you and calling off any discord? Oh that's right - by reading his posts.

No offense, but when you keep going out of your way to point out to someone that you're ignoring them, that means you aren't ignoring them. At all.

Also, repeating the fact that you aren't reading his posts sure makes it seems like you are. Otherwise, how do you know he isn't agreeing with you and calling off any discord? Oh that's right - by reading his posts.

Don't throw logic into the conversation! Can't you see that BostonPatriot is just catering to us nerds!? He really doesn't have to waste his time here as he could be about getting laid, smoking cigarettes, and just overall being the most awesome person and biggest badass in his small town...

Last edited:

I'm not thinking that far into, bud. I'm not reading his posts. Think what you want.

Somewhere in there is genius, I just cant put my finger on it.;);)

Seriously though, by definition a 'great value' pick is a guy that got passed on for awhile and 'fell to you' and a shocker is a guy you take before someone else does.
I think if you follow that approach, the best picks are the ones that everyone kept passing on. Given that you could pull out any consensus predraft ranking system 3-4 years later and be amazed at how far off the ultimate production was from the rankings, we end up with a bizarre system for rating a draft the day after.

Don't start being so nice to me Andy. You know I'm going to spazz out if they don't get a big DE and a pass rusher tonight, and it won't be pretty.

Seriously, though Joel Buschbaum was an outsider that had a tremendous knack and pretty much invented what these clowns on ESPN are now doing.

Unfortunately, from what i see, these guys opinions and forecasts are not often correct, not really respected by coaches and they don't seem to care what actual NFL teams want.

The next time I value Tom Jackson's opinion on anything will be the first.

Pretty telling, while still in the first round, none of these turds even knew the cornerback 4-5 teams were coveting was a cornerback.

Still, we're hanging on every word as Kiper tells us the can't miss picks in the bottom of the seventh round.:rolleyes:

Don't throw logic into the conversation! Can't you see that BostonPatriot is just catering to us nerds!? He really doesn't have to waste his time here as he could be about getting laid, smoking cigarettes, and just overall being the most awesome person and biggest badass in his small town...

Interesting. Not very funny. I'm sitting in my office located on Broadway in NYC. It's in an area called noho (no not soho). I'm here for a couple weeks a month...on state street in beantown the rest of the time.

Last edited:
Interesting. Not very funny. I'm sitting in my office located on Broadway in NYC. It's in an area called noho (no not soho).

I'm so jealous. Maybe one day I can be as cool as you are. Congratulations for living in an arts district. You may want to take your rectum to the doctor's office and get tested for strange diseases.

Opinions are fine but seriously why have I only seen one persons (kontrdicion (sorry if i messed that up)) say anything remotley postive about the player that was picked.

I was stuck watching the ESPN coverage online and they said hte words "special teams player" about the pick now everyone on the board is saying so i guess we all know where they got there information

Informed opinions are better then whining

AC - It's funny you mention about people talking positively about McCorty. Last night, you had people like Deus Irae and The Dynasty calling the pick idiotic and bad all because they didn't understand it.

I will admit that I have no true opinion on it. I've stopped investing, emotionally, in picks because I saw that it wasn't worth it. Yet, when I point out the reality to people like Deus and The Dynasty (that they don't know how the Patriots actually do their ratings and that they don't know how the guys were in their interviews, I get told that I am a homer and living in a fantasy world.

It's kinda funny because Deus is usually a voice of reason, but it's clear that when it comes to McCorty or even the draft, he's in LaLa land.

Reverse your words. Don't the people who disagree with you have the right to post on a message board?

When have I ever said otherwise? Please go back and look. I only ask that you leave out clearly hyperbolic posts (anyone who thinks.... types).

Perhaps they feel the purpose of a message board is different than what you do?

You should ask Ian about that. I'm expecting that he'll consider the board to have been created to share opinions about all things Patriots, but maybe you are correct. Maybe he really did want something different. Of course, his statements in the past have backed up my position, to my way of thinking, but perhaps I misread his intent.

Perhaps if we stopped trying to tell each other what a message board is for, we can start having discussions that revolve around football instead of every discussion becoming "Your opinion doesnt count because you have an agenda". Doesnt that get tired?

Good point. "Your opinion doesn't count because you're not Bill Belichick" is much more conducive to those discussions revolving around Patriots football.

Don't mind Boston Patriot. He's one of those guys who doesn't actually bring anything to the boards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes