PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? How does QB salary correlate to winning and performance?

Some of the ****tiest QBs out there make way more than they should.

That means Bill should pay Tom what ****ty QBs make if he doesn't think he deserves it?

That makes a lot of sense.

Yes. If BB thinks Tom was worth $20m, then the only way that would make sense if he thinks ALL QBs are overpaid. Well in that case get ready for some crazy cheap/crappy QBs here and hope we can Nick Foles our way to a Championship (before Nick moved from $5m to $22m).

This is just not a strategy that makes sense. I wish I could agree with BB that QB is just another cog in the wheel and he can use his Patriots Way mantra to wing a Championship from a journeyman QB but I find it hard to believe when last 10 years winners include Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, all mega elite. Only medicore QBs were E. Manning and Flacco who were both being paid like top 10 QBs at that time so overpaid anyway.

What exactly is the strategy here. We're not going to Brad Johnson this. That era is gone.

Pats FO fcked up. Plain and simple. Brady was willing to pay for less but not peanuts.

Yes. If BB thinks Tom was worth $20m, then the only way that would make sense if he thinks ALL QBs are overpaid. Well in that case get ready for some crazy crappy QBs and hope we can Nick Foles our way to a Championship (before Nick moved from $5m to $22m).
BB didn't think he was and I don't care what Kraft says.

BB didn't think he was and I don't care what Kraft says.
I agree. But, since NE was moving on, I’m glad Brady will (reportedly) net 30M$. He deserved to “be wanted” and “well compensated”.

Was starting to wonder if there was no market and that would’ve been a bit sad.

Having said that - YES - BB’s opinion interesting, Kraft’s opinion, useless.

After the first 8 games last year ... I remember posting how expectations needed to be reset. 8-0 start and defense was great.

But the cap situation this year seems like they were all in LAST YEAR trying to win with that collection of talent on both sides of the ball . Brady wasn't that great and the team started to struggle against better talented teams . 4-4 in the second half means they were a .500 team after going undefeated the first half.

That's reality even with Brady. Next year is a bigger challenge for sure without Brady both on the field and in all the other roles that the QB does his leadership responsibilities. Yikes. It is the toughest job in sports . We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down