PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to watch BB throw his hands up and throw his clipborad/headset down in frustration at every turnover and stupid throw like every other coach in the NFL does every week.

There's only so many Johnny Foxborough references he can make. It's BB's turn to go through the ringer. He's going to tarnish his own legacy. I bet Brady thrives with his new crew and BB gets mud on his face.
Give me a ****ing break.

Tom ****s the bed next year your posting life on this board will be miserable

This was not inevitable, PWP. This was easily avoidable.

Yes, if you have Mr Peabody's Wayback machine and could undo the 2019 year to year BB offer.
I can understand BB's thinking but I believe TFB does have more in the tank.
Nobody's perfect.

I'm onto Johnny Foxboro!

Treating Brady “like any other player”, aka the Patriot Way, was a predictably terrible idea. Belichick being “shocked” sounds like he didn’t see it coming. If true, what a dumb, dumb way to flex your muscles. There will be a lot more players unwilling to accept a lowball offer now that they don’t have Brady promising a championship.

Report: Bill Belichick was 'a little shocked' when Tom Brady told him he's leaving New England

I don't buy the narrative.

BB wasn't shocked in the least.

"Shocked" is a PR spin.

Orchestrated the whole thing.

This was not inevitable, PWP. This was easily avoidable. All that was needed was a legitimate and reasonable multi-year extension. Brady had been asking for that. BB had declined. So here we are, needlessly.

Also that they turned it into a pissing contest.

Tom needs to contact us!!

Other teams are offering Brady the world and sending him flowers.

Treating Brady “like any other player”, aka the Patriot Way, was a predictably terrible idea. Belichick being “shocked” sounds like he didn’t see it coming. If true, what a dumb, dumb way to flex your muscles. There will be a lot more players unwilling to accept a lowball offer now that they don’t have Brady promising a championship.

Report: Bill Belichick was 'a little shocked' when Tom Brady told him he's leaving New England
It was so badly handled it's embarrassing really. He wins MVP and breaks SB passing records, lets give you a ridiculous incentive contract. Next year after a SB win, lets refuse to extend you more in terms of years and give you deal giving you low pay. Now you call him and say we can't pay you as much as last year? Just stupid.

It's a sad day the Brady is leaving. No one is right or wrong for this to occur.

The Patriots are making the decision they think is best for the future and Brady is making the decision that his best for him.

There is no loser here. We get to still see the pats and how they handle post Brady life. And we still get to enjoy watching Brady for a couple more years.

Brady is the GOAT at QB, BB is the GOAT at HC, and Kraft is the GOAT at getting caught getting cheap hand jobs. Life is good as patriot fan always.

Also that they turned it into a pissing contest.

Tom needs to contact us!!

Other teams are offering Brady the world and sending him flowers.

To me, the most annoying part is that Tuggy let it get to this point. Outsiders saw this coming, but Kraft was too busy getting $50 dollar rubs from old oriental women to deal with the problem.

It was so badly handled it's embarrassing really. He wins MVP and breaks SB passing records, lets give you a ridiculous incentive contract. Next year after a SB win, lets refuse to extend you more in terms of years and give you deal giving you low pay. Now you call him and say we can't pay you as much as last year? Just stupid.

I doubt strongly that the team is doing any projections based on what happened in any specific game. Or even a handful of games.

Brady could have won the Eagles SB with 1000 yards and 8 TDs but if whatever internal metrics based on combined data from practices and games they use indicated that there might be an issue coming with e.g. his velocity or precision (or whatever) they would have done the very same contract.

And given how they never really offered him Tier 1 money it stands to reason to think they had data they thought indicated age related issues. Now their entire set of metrics and approach could be absolute flawed or measure the wrong thing but you can be damn sure that this entire situation was driven by data one way or the other.

I hope Tom takes me with him

I doubt strongly that the team is doing any projections based on what happened in a game. Or even a handful of games.

Brady could have won the Eagles SB with 1000 yards and 8 TDs but if whatever internal metrics based on combined data from practices and games they use indicated that there might be an issue coming with e.g. his velocity or precision (or whatever) they would have done the very same contract.

And given how they never really offered him Tier 1 money it stands to reason to think they had data they thought indicated age related issues. Now their entire set of metrics and approach could be absolute flawed or measure the wrong thing but you can be damn sure that this entire situation was driven by data.
I have no doubt in my mind BB felt Tom was falling off and would continue to do so.

If BB didn't he would have treated him like he did with Devin McCourty (Got market $).

We have 20 years of data which shows if BB thinks you are deserving of the cash, you'll get it or be traded somewhere else and get it.

The lack of a deal was a personnel evaluation.

I’m starting a new site. Come join me at BradyFans.com

@Ian I’ll be poaching everyone. Welcome to the post-Brady anarchy!!!!!

Shaddap. Elvis is still here, that's good enough for me and Actual Pats Fan, should be good enough for you...

This is an absolute nightmare. Hopefully they grab someone with potential instead of Dalton. I mean someone like Tua would be a solid get if they decide to use some trade capital. Or hell just sign Jameis. Although I think the lack of in game IQ would drive Bill insane.

It's not a nightmare, it's football. We've been lucky and spoiled. Kiss today goodbye, the gift was ours to borrow/Wish him luck the same to you... etc. You can only sing so many showtunes before people start talking.

Thanks, Tom, for saving the Pats when the defense started to break down giving up 14 points to the greatest offense ever at the time.

Right on right on. Lotta good memories. And unless football is illegal this year... sigh... turn the page.

I hope Tom takes me with him

As do we all.

I have no doubt in my mind BB felt Tom was falling off and would continue to.

If he didn't he would have treated him like he did with Devin McCourty (Got market $).

We have 20 years of data which shows if BB thinks you are deserving of the cash, you'll get it or be traded somewhere else and get it.

The lack of a deal was a personnel evaluation.

I think the only surprise for BB might have been that Brady refused to play his game and decided to pull the plug instead of coming back to the Pats with the best offer. Whether that would have changed anything about the overall trajectory I doubt, but usually that is how the game of contract chicken goes.

Completely agree. If Pats actually offered Brady a $23m deal for 1 year, then fck them. They think Brady is not in the top 15 QBs? Really? He will sit alongside Alex Smith at $23m, Joe Flacco at $22m and Nick Foles at $21m. Really?! Meanwhile guys like Brissett get $28m, Prescott gets $30m and Cousins gets $33m. Really?!?!

Brady's been to the Superbowl 4 of the last 6 years and won 3. Wtf have guys like Brissett, Prescott and Cousins done.

Fck the Pats FO. Fck Kraft. Fck BB. They completely lost the plot on what is value and not. It's one thing to want value. It's quite another to want someone to take bottom of the market $. It's insulting. The QB market has inflated in recent years. They need to pay Brady like a top 10 QB and then he'll be good value since he's better than just top 10. That would be closer to $28-30m not $23m.

WTF were these guys thinking.

I think the only surprise for BB might have been that Brady refused to play his game and decided to pull the plug instead of coming back to the Pats with the best offer. Whether that would have changed anything about the overall trajectory I doubt, but usually that is how the game of contract chicken goes.
Maybe.

I think Bill expected Yee/Tom to come back with a counter and am 99.9% certain BB wasn't going to budge or insult Tom w/ a counter b/c he already knew teams were backing up the Brinks truck.

Maybe.

I think Bill expected Yee/Tom to come back with a counter and am 99.9% certain BB wasn't going to budge or insult Tom w/ a counter b/c he already knew teams were backing up the Brinks truck.

We will see tmw (or whenever the Bucs contract becomes official) if it really was a brinks truck.

But from what we have heard in the past you are right that BB wouldn't insult a player with a low ball offer if there was no way they'd match it. That being said Yee and Brady never gave him the chance so similar to how he stretched himself thin for DMac when he was almost an Eagle he might have done the same for Brady.

It is all speculation now.

Completely agree. If Pats actually offered Brady a $23m deal for 1 year, then fck them. They think Brady is not in the top 15 QBs? Really? He will sit alongside Alex Smith at $23m, Joe Flacco at $22m and Nick Foles at $21m. Really?! Meanwhile guys like Brissett get $28m, Prescott gets $30m and Cousins gets $33m. Really?!?!

Brady's been to the Superbowl 4 of the last 6 years and won 3. Wtf have guys like Brissett, Prescott and Cousins done.

Fck the Pats FO. Fck Kraft. Fck BB. They completely lost the plot on what is value and not. It's one thing to want value. It's quite another to want someone to take bottom of the market $. It's insulting. The QB market has inflated in recent years. They need to pay Brady like a top 10 QB and then he'll be good value since he's better than just top 10. That would be closer to $28-30m not $23m.

WTF were these guys thinking.
You still haven't figured out the 3 reasons why.

All you keep *****ing about is the "didn't."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back