PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unclear to me as well. If he signed the 1 year deal for say, $20m, of the old dead cap hit it would be spread out w/ $6.75m in 2020 and the other $6.75 in 2021.

We don't know of the 1 year deal how much was going to be in 2020 and the remainder, if any, in 2021.

Wouldn't a one year pure salary deal just leave the remaining $6.75m for 2021 dead money. Why would the Patriots put any $ into a signing bonus making a one year deal have higher than $6.75m dead money in 2021, unless their pitch is we'll consider 2 or even 3 years but at one year signing increments salary only. Not exactly an incentive for TFB.

Wouldn't a one year pure salary deal just leave the remaining $6.75m for 2021 dead money. Why would the Patriots put any $ into a signing bonus making a one year deal have higher than $6.75m dead money in 2021, unless their pitch is we'll consider 2 or even 3 years but at one year signing increments salary only. Not exactly an incentive for TFB.
I don't know if BB wants some of the new money to be dead in 2021 on top of the $6.75. Just speculating.

Agree- Under those parameters The NEP may not be interesting at all to TFB.

Bedard speculates that this could be the current CBA offer, and that a new offer could come if the CBA passes. Getting rid of the 30% rule is a big deal in terms of 2020 cap hit flexibility.

Belief is he'll break up with us so we'll break up with him first even though we have no clue.

Classic defense mechanism.

It will be interesting to see what the real market for Brady looks like in five days.

My guess is that he will re-sign with the Patriots after a period of courtship with other teams before the draft on April 23, 2020.

It will be interesting to see what the real market for Brady looks like in five days.

My guess is that he will re-sign with the Patriots after a period of courtship with other teams before the draft on April 23, 2020.
If they truly are only offering a one-year deal he's gone like the wind.

Bedard speculates that this could be the current CBA offer, and that a new offer could come if the CBA passes. Getting rid of the 30% rule is a big deal in terms of 2020 cap hit flexibility.

The Patriots really need the new CBA so the 30% rule goes away. As Bedard also pointed out a couple of days ago, the Patriots have considerable cap space in the outlying years that they really need to use to keep it together this year. The 30% rule makes it awfully hard to access that future cap space.

Not saying I will, but if Bill lets Brady walk and whoever he brings in sucks it up then god damn are people going to be calling for Bills head.

I have a tough time believing the one year deal at less money than last year. If that was really the offer, Brady would be saying his time in NE is over and that he is looking forward to his next challenge with a new team.

Not saying I will, but if Bill lets Brady walk and whoever he brings in sucks it up then god damn are people going to be calling for Bills head.
I don't know. I think most of us understand next year will be a transition/rebuild year if Brady walks. Bill will get some grace period from the fans.

I don't know. I think most of us understand next year will be a transition/rebuild year if Brady walks. Bill will get some grace period from the fans.
Bill gets zero grace period if Brady delivers an elite season for his next team. If he signs with TEN, they go 14-2 and contend/win it all, then Bill will be drug through the streets lol.

Especially if Stidham looks like who he is, a low-ceiling player that isn’t a franchise quarterback.

Gospel, I tell ya! :D

I tend to agree with your thoughts here re: a rush to judgement on Stidham, but damn— you’re really coming in hot, here.

I don’t know why people can be such asses to each other, but there’s no need to shame them or make fun of them. It’s possible that this poster doesn’t watch as much as you do due to other obligations, or that their “gen1 iPad” is all they can afford or know how to use. Maybe they don’t spell as well as you do, so what? At the end of the day, all he really did was offer up a different opinion about football. Relax, man.

I tend to agree with your thoughts here re: a rush to judgement on Stidham, but damn— you’re really coming in hot, here.

I don’t know why people can be such asses to each other, but there’s no need to shame them or make fun of them. It’s possible that this poster doesn’t watch as much as you do due to other obligations, or that their “gen1 iPad” is all they can afford or know how to use. Maybe they don’t spell as well as you do, so what? At the end of the day, all he really did was offer up a different opinion about football. Relax, man.

Wrong thread. I’m pretty sure this is 4chan or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back