SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by KDPPatsfan85, Feb 27, 2020.

1. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82,363
    Who? Lynchie or Tom? :p

2. CheekyDave

CheekyDave Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +710
    I moved away in 1999, he is STILL working on TV? Really? Is he 70 by now? Is he working with Barry Pepper and Jorge Quiroca?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,563
    Its official! Brady has signed with...

THE LONDON SILLY NANNIES!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kenneth Sims

Kenneth Sims PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,457
    My response to the Lynch rumor is that this is getting fun. Did anyone expect a clean fight when two men as competitive as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have a stare down?

There’s still cap room for Brady. The $5 million includes the acceleration of the $6.75 million into 2020 if Brady doesn’t re-sign before the new league year. Thus, their effective cap is actually closer to $12 million. With the bulk of the 2020 payout being in the form of a signing bonus (which is what Brady and the Pats have down in all his extensions), they can definitely fit a Brady extension into the available cap space.

You then reach agreement on a multi year deal with Thuney which will lower his cap number $8 million or so, trade Duron Harmon, and get Gostkowski to turn a bulk of his salary into easy to earn but still (because he was hurt last season) NLTBE bonuses and you have $16 million additional cap space to acquire a weapon and a DL fatty. Suddenly, you’re a better team than you were at the end of last season, and the draft is still to come.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  5. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,260
    So the Dolphins fired an OC with ties to Brady to hire Chan Gailey and then sign Brady, who wants to run his own offense.

That's some of the dumbest crap I have ever heard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,533
    Look after yourself, Ken. I've got to admit, I didn't think much of you as a player, but your posts bring a lot to the board.

• Like Like x 3
  7. festy1986

festy1986 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,838
    After diggs trade and cooper signing it's become very clear that the patriots do not have the ability to get brady any targets.

Hes gone. That was the domino.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,729
    I really doubt it was about contract or 'weapons' for brady. Its just a battle of egos ,wearing out over 20 yrs and the prospect of being courted in free agency .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. festy1986

Ratings:
    +3,838
    I wish that were true but if brady all of a sudden needs money for validation hes not the tom hes been his whole career.

10. SVN

Ratings:
    +15,729
    I didnt say money validation. He just wants to see if he can play somewhere else and have a change of scenery. Just my guess.

11. festy1986

Ratings:
    +3,838
    Then I respect him a whole lot less for it. If he never had any intentions of playing for us this year he should of cake out with it and got ahead of the **** storm heading his way.

But no, he needs the illusion that the pats are in on it to pump up his value and save face with the fans who've been there since day one.

Both sides have handled this about as badly as I can imagine

12. SVN

Ratings:
    +15,729
    Thats because neither side is sure if they want to live without each other :) . Or maybe the pats have decided they dont want brady but not saying it officially just to keep options always open.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ChrisR2223

ChrisR2223 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,461
    Ebron is still out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Kenneth Sims

Kenneth Sims PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,457
    I’d go the Ebron or Eifert route myself. I know Tom is not a fan of rookie receivers, but rookie deep threats can make a contribution in their rookie year, and this draft is crawling with them.

A young top lifter combined with a healthy Edelman and Sanu with a developing Harry. That’s not bad. Especially, if you have someone inside who can catch the bell as well.

15. supafly

supafly Suddenly sad and Brady-less PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +25,094
    He doesn’t owe the fans anything. Haven’t you heard? We can buy his ridiculous health products and drive from out of town to get treatment at his TB12 centers, purchase tickets and jerseys, and show up at the airport after tough SB losses, but none of that really matters in the big picture. At the end of the day, he’s just trying to feed his family.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. festy1986

Ratings:
    +3,838

Agreed but I find it disingenuous to speak out both side of his mouths on the matter IF he knew all along what he was doing.

17. KontradictioN

KontradictioN PatsFans.com #1 Arguer PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57,222
    It was essentially the same team. Samuel was the biggest loss. Bruschi was a shadow of his former self in 2005, Seau was done anyway, and Harrison was on his last legs. The defense was still good and the offense was still very talented. The team was still good enough to win a Super Bowl, but they lost Brady. His loss resulted in 5 more losses against a very easy, and favorable schedule.

Awful drafts from 2004-2009, big misses in FA, refusing to bring in a guy who can stretch the field at WR from mid-2010 until 2013 (Lloyd perhaps being the exception), bad drafts from 2014-current resulting in the offensive talent being almost completely depleted, curious trades/releases. These are all personnel related issues that contributed to the team not being good enough to get it done in those “also ran” years. That falls on the HC. But yes, he did get it right as well.

Yes. Your attempts to make BB the catalyst of this dynasty, in spite of the fact that he has a sub-.500 record without Brady, certainly have been laughable hero worship. It’s why I’ve handed you your ass on a silver platter in this thread.

18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN PatsFans.com #1 Arguer PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57,222
    Remind me again what Dallas’ record was that year and who beat them in the playoffs?

Cool. Shall we have a talk about the teams around him then in 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2017, and 2019 and take a closer look at the personnel those seasons? Each and every single one of them featured some very curious and bad personnel issues. The fact stands. BB’s decisions likely played a role in Brady not winning more. Finally, chew on this: the man that you’re defending HIMSELF has even said that players win the games on the field while coaches can only lose them. You think he was full of ****? He was dead-on correct.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady AB Forever PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,309
    How are Indy and Buffalo not aggressively pursuing Brady?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confused Confused x 1
  20. festy1986

Ratings:
    +3,838
    Something is happening somewhere.

Denver's wasnt even in the convo for manning when he was on his free agency tour and bam they signed him.

The LOL if he signs with the bills