PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but if anyone disagrees its Bill and his ruthless tactics is gonna bite him on this one.

This whole thing stems from last year not wanting to commit a multi year deal for a 42 yr old. And yes it certainly looks like that will bite him you know where when it comes to resigning him for 2020 and beyond. Part of me also thinks through the draft he can build a successful roster minus Brady at qb. Time will tell if he’s right.

If Brady goes to Tampa or Oakland, no one will convince me there is goodwill between him and Belichick. I could understand going to San Francisco or Tennessee, but Tampa has spite move written all over it. They may have some good playmakers and a decent roster, but that organization is bottom barrel. They’ve made the postseason twice since 2002. Can you imagine him in that super lame Bucs uniform?
Spite move?

NE doesn't control Brady's next move, Brady does.

Or do you mean Brady wants to spite the Pats?

If Brady wanted to be in SF or TEN all he had to do was convince them to take him.

If Brady wants to take a shot at taking Tampa to the promised land, good for him.

If Brady wants to build is brand in LA, good for him.

If Brady wants to be a part of the Las Vegas Raiders era, good for him.

Everyone, can we get back to The Tom Brady Rumor Thread please?

It doesn't guarantee anything but NOT HAVING any wideouts that season is why they didnt even have a ****ing bye.

Brady didnt have any help that year and everyone knows it.

Ok and having a WR doesn't guarantee anything either.

This whole thing stems from last year not wanting to commit a multi year deal for a 42 yr old. And yes it certainly looks like that will bite him you know where when it comes to resigning him for 2020 and beyond. Part of me also thinks through the draft he can build a successful roster minus Brady at qb. Time will tell if he’s right.

The only time brady has shown any signs of regression in the 5 years leading up to this passed season was 2018 and they won the damn superbowl.

I dont think anyone thought brady had the best offensive weapons anymore and the prevailing thought was that they needed to get him some more help if they expected him to be the mvp he was literally just the year prior.

Bill did NOT DO THAT.

Now after a season where brady played with the worst talent of his pro career bill is gonna turn around and use that as an excuse as proof that brady is on a sharp decline not worth negotiating with?

My point is simple, bill didn't want to extend that contract and because he didnt he now has no qb and if they flunk out this season bill will lose a **** ton of points to the avg fan because he ran brady out of town and then didnt even field a competitive team.

Were down to 5 mil cap right now and even without brady it stands to reason our offense is in serious trouble.

Bill. ****ed. Up.

This is what some people can't comprehend.

It's at least as reasonable to point out that before he was developed by Belichick, Brady was so poorly thought of that he barely got drafted. And his rookie year, he couldn't even beat out Michael Bishop and was kept as QB4.

Nobody in the NFL thought much of Brady before Belichick elevated him.

But I believe they are both GOAT; that's why they together won an unprecedented 6 Superbowls and dominated the league for 20 years.

The only time brady has shown any signs of regression in the 5 years leading up to this passed season was 2018 and they won the damn superbowl.

I dont think anyone thought brady had the best offensive weapons anymore and the prevailing thought was that they needed to get him some more help if they expected him to be the mvp he was literally just the year prior.

Bill did NOT DO THAT.

Now after a season where brady played with the worst talent of his pro career bill is gonna turn around and use that as an excuse as proof that brady is on a sharp decline not worth negotiating with?

My point is simple, bill didn't want to extend that contract and because he didnt he now has no qb and if they flunk out this season bill will lose a **** ton of points to the avg fan because he ran brady out of town and then didnt even field a competitive team.

Were down to 5 mil cap right now and even without brady it stands to reason our offense is in serious trouble.

Bill. ****ed. Up.

You hope. We'll see.

Look, it's amazing what the Pats have done in the last 20 years as it's a complete fluke, but I think they could've/should've had more Championships. Maybe that's selfish of me to think, but they had a ton of opportunities in a league that had a hard time competing with them.

So that's the new Tommy Homer narrative? Brady won 6 superbowls despite Belichick?

So your argument is that BB is no longer BB? I’m confused by what you’re saying here. He’s a sub-.500 HC without Brady and was cruising toward getting fired in New England. That’s a fact. You’re arguing in hypotheticals while I’m arguing in facts.

"was cruising toward getting fired in New England" is a fact????

Look, you've forgotten more football than I'll ever know, but you're way way too subjective on this one.

It's at least as reasonable to point out that before he was developed by Belichick, Brady was so poorly thought of that he barely got drafted. And his rookie year, he couldn't even beat out Michael Bishop and was kept as QB4.

Nobody in the NFL thought much of Brady before Belichick elevated him.

But I believe they are both GOAT; that's why they together won an unprecedented 6 Superbowls and dominated the league for 20 years.

It isn't reasonable. That's why you're a laughingstock. A sht ton of NFL players, including many of the greatest ever, were drafted very low and turned out to be Hall of Famers, and it wasn't because their coaches.

You're entirely ignorant of Brady's development or just dishonest. How does Belichick elevate Brady when Brady is a fourth string QB? Did Belichick give him the cheat codes to quarterbacking? Did he program him using a CD-Rom? Maybe you should actually read about Brady's early years instead of embarrassing yourself further, if that's possible.

Bill did NOT DO THAT.

Bill. ****ed. Up.

I’ll go on record as saying we should’ve given Tom a 2 year deal after the 2018 season.

That being said, The way Bill has done contracts has been in terms of current value and the player he projects you to be at the end of the contract. Now reading your first paragraph doesn’t it stand to reason that BB might be apprehensive in dealing out a multi year deal when a soon to be 42 year old showed decline? And as bad as his weapons were last year (BBs fault 100%), TB did show a little more decline. Not as steep as Manning’s was and Brees is looking but it was still noticeable. Injuries are also starting to take a little longer to heal up from. TB has needed more time off between games to recoup and I’m not convinced he was 100% back from the midseason tennis elbow injury.

How does one define clutch and also does anyone take into account that the league as a whole was so much better? You could still play defense.

Those numbers suck but we dont win that superbowl without Brady and I think that's the important factor.

Yeah right. The Brady led offense scored 13 points vs the Rams -- one TD and two Vinatieri FG's -- but let's argue that Brady carried the day all by himself. Defense held the SB champs and at the time best scoring offense of all time to 17 points and scored a TD of their own. But give all the credit for that win to Brady's FG drive avoiding overtime. Not biased at all.

Yeah right. The Brady led offense scored 13 points vs the Rams -- one TD and two Vinatieri FG's -- but let's argue that Brady carried the day all by himself. Defense held the SB champs and at the time best scoring offense of all time to 17 points and scored a TD of their own. But give all the credit for that win to Brady's FG drive avoiding overtime. Not biased at all.

Thst rams team is all team

You just dont look at it that way cause it birthed a dynasty in the other direction

Revisionist history is strong

True !
(BB still made it to 2003 w/o “great QB play”)

The 2001-2003-2004 teams were very strong defensively. Brady was awesome. He was hardly dragging a roster-anchor.

We give a lot of credit to those Ds, and deservedly so, but when I go back and watch the Super Bowls, Brady is playing out of his mind in those games. I mean, the Carolina SB was the 2nd greatest performance by a QB ever at the time.

Cool story bro. You pointed out a game in Brady’s first year, going against a great defense, with virtually no weapons. I’m sure they would have been in that game to begin without Brady, though..they were just slicing through the league like a hot knife through butter before Brady arrived.

When I read your posts, I get the sense you’ve just copied your old work from 2004. Maybe just delete the last part which says Manning would have WAY more Super Bowls than system QB Brady!!!

Your posts have no depth. It’s basically a shallow greatest hits collection from Patriot haters that disappeared around 2010. It’s like you’ve missed the last 15 years of football which saw your weak, silly theories crapped all over every Sunday.

The way i see it this team is rolling with the rookie unless bill wants Andy dalton or whoever. Frankly I just wanna rebuild right from the start. Try to get that top pick.

It’s quite hilarious how easy people in here think it is to find a QB. Y’all think cause Stidham looked good in a ****ing preseason game that will stay the same when he plays real games and tape comes out. Ask other franchises how hard it is to find super bowl winning qbs

I trust BB and McDaniels to put a quality QB on the field

Just leave this here for Tommy to read lol. Yeah, no OTAs most likely.
Hows that gonna work out for you and your new team Tommy? Dumpster fire is what lol.

Poor Tommy boy, can’t catch a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back