PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sir.

Which could of been offset if the rosters werent gutted.

If brady was 34 right now he would be coming back here no issue but hes too old to go through another 4 year period of a bill re tool
When was the roster gutted and what was the record that year?

While he didn't put up "Pro Bowl" numbers, he stabilized a team that was 0-2. Back then, the likelihood of winning the division let along making the playoffs was slim to none.

And an 86 rating back then was actually pretty good, especially for a first year starting QB.
True !
(BB still made it to 2003 w/o “great QB play”)

The 2001-2003-2004 teams were very strong defensively. Brady was awesome. He was hardly dragging a roster-anchor.

I love Brady. He is clutch. But then poster suggested BB wouldn’t have made it to 2003 without “great QB play” and I suggested Brady didn’t have “great QB play” in the two years preceding his 2003...

I think he meant that had brady not been there and any other alternative most likely would of led to a 5 year window of non playoff superbowl wins and how does bill survive that?

Pete carol for example couldnt even survive not having any losing seasons under his belt.

Before Brady walked through those doors as the starter the Pat's were 8 and 14? Under bill.... not exactly the best start

When was the roster gutted and what was the record that year?

For example you said moments ago that you think 06 was a year they could or should win but lost based on some bad luck/bad play.

I disagree completely. That offense was trash and the success they had in reaching moments away from the superbowl was solely on bradys shoulders that season and SOMEA LUCKY play.

If not for brown that season ends in a more disastrous way

The real question is do we think Bill can get it done now without Brady. I think he can. He has become a master cap strategist, team builder and the best HC in the game. Of course all of it is predicated on finding THE guy at QB. I believe he will do that eventually.

I think he meant that had brady not been there and any other alternative most likely would of led to a 5 year window of non playoff superbowl wins and how does bill survive that?

Pete carol for example couldnt even survive not having any losing seasons under his belt.

Before Brady walked through those doors as the starter the Pat's were 8 and 14? Under bill.... not exactly the best start
There you go. You hit the nail on the head.

So your argument is that BB is no longer BB? I’m confused by what you’re saying here. He’s a sub-.500 HC without Brady and was cruising toward getting fired in New England. That’s a fact. You’re arguing in hypotheticals while I’m arguing in facts.

Don't bother... @Kasmir is a deranged anti-Brady idiot who went into hiding in 2004 and occasionally rares his a$s face out to see if anyone else is as delusional as him. You should have heard the manure coming out of his mouth about a month ago. Pretty sure he was is obsessed with Tara Reid. Just wait until his sidekick @Jercules shows up.

Not to mention he hired Ozzie Newsome into the front office. Newsome is widely credited with the Ravens subsequent success. And Belichick had Nick-effin-Saban as his DC, possibly the college coaching GOAT. Pretty damn good organizational vision.

Just look at the years right after they fired him, the marchibroda years. Ravens didn’t build back up until Billick became HC 4 years later.

While he didn't put up "Pro Bowl" numbers, he stabilized a team that was 0-2. Back then, the likelihood of winning the division let along making the playoffs was slim to none after starting 0-2.

And an 86 rating back then was actually pretty good, especially for a first year starting QB.
Why so angry @Bindy9?

For example you said moments ago that you think 06 was a year they could or should win but lost based on some bad luck/bad play.

I disagree completely. That offense was trash and the success they had in reaching moments away from the superbowl was solely on bradys shoulders that season and SOMEA LUCKY play.

If not for brown that season ends in a more disastrous way
They were 12-4. The were winning in Indy in the 4th qtr. Rodney Harrison got hurt week 15.

He plays they most likely win. They beat CHI in the SB.

You can say their O sucked all you want. They missed going to the SB by a couple of plays.

How does one define clutch and also does anyone take into account that the league as a whole was so much better? You could still play defense.

Those numbers suck but we dont win that superbowl without Brady and I think that's the important factor.

We don’t win without both, not just without Brady. Brady’s greatness combined with BBs coaching greatness/putting the right team around him.

They were 12-4. The were winning in Indy in the 4th qtr. Rodney Harrison got hurt week 15.

You can say their O sucked all you want. They missed going to the SB but a couple of plays.
They lost because they had zero depth at LB and Manning was throwing to 4th string TE's. That was the Eric Alexander game.

They lost because they had zero depth at LB and Manning was throwing to 4th string TE's. That was the Eric Alexander game.
Yes and Rodney would have covered Fletcher. Rodney said so in an interview.

You can say their O sucked all you want. They missed going to the SB but a couple of plays.

If bill provided even 1 legitimate wideout they win that superbowl.

Maybe you dont remember but back then Brady was considered a system qb and couldn't hang with the manning's of the world.

I was always in the camp that if brady had the wideout that Manning had he would be just as good. 06 championship failure was the catalyst for given Brady the tools he needed to morph into the goat.

06, 07, 11, 15 and 17 are the years I feel like they left one on the table given how the year played out.

06 and 11 they only have those opportunities solely because they have brady imo

Yes and Rodney would have covered Fletcher. Rodney said so in an interview.

Rodney couldnt even guard david tyree that one time.

So on paper rodney might of solved the issues you're referring to but in reality who knows.

We don’t win without both, not just without Brady. Brady’s greatness combined with BBs coaching greatness/putting the right team around him.

I agree but if anyone disagrees its Bill and his ruthless tactics is gonna bite him on this one.

If bill provided even 1 legitimate wideout they win that superbowl.

Maybe you dont remember but back then Brady was considered a system qb and couldn't hang with the manning's of the world.

I was always in the camp that if brady had the wideout that Manning had he would be just as good. 06 championship failure was the catalyst for given Brady the tools he needed to morph into the goat.

06, 07, 11, 15 and 17 are the years I feel like they left one on the table given how the year played out.

06 and 11 they only have those opportunities solely because they have brady imo
...and they would have had the Dolts cap problems and a ****ty D so there.

************ why do fans think having WRs guarantee SBs?

If asshat Polian was so great why did he win only 1?

Rodney couldnt even guard david tyree that one time.

So on paper rodney might of solved the issues you're referring to but in reality who knows.
He was right there and a year later thanks to Asante freelancing

...and they would have had the Dolts cap problems and a ****ty D so there.

************ why do fans think having WRs guarantee SBs?

If asshat Polian was so great why did he win only 1?

It doesn't guarantee anything but NOT HAVING any wideouts that season is why they didnt even have a ****ing bye.

Brady didnt have any help that year and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe