PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doomed? No. They could still have a successful year but the bar would need to be lowered. BB is a sub .500 HC without Tom Brady. So a successful year would maybe be making the playoffs as a wild card or finishing 9-7. Expecting them to still be in competition for a Super Bowl really does a disservice to how hard a Super Bowl is to actually win.
As NEP coach Bill is 19-17 w/o Tom and a 14-6 with QBs hes has chosen not named Tom.

To say Bill sucks as NEP HC/GM w/o Tom is a false narrative.

As NEP coach Bill is 19-17 w/o Tom and a 14-6 with QBs hes has chosen not named Tom.
Yes. One of those seasons was 11-5 against one of the easiest schedules he’s played against as Pats HC, with a team that went 16-0 in the regular season the year before against a much harder schedule. The result? Missed the playoffs. Not that it would have mattered. They were no match for either the Ravens and the Steelers without Brady that season. All time, he’s a sub .500 HC. You can try to dress that up as nicely as you can, but that’s still a fact.

Doomed? No. They could still have a successful year but the bar would need to be lowered. BB is a sub .500 HC without Tom Brady. So a successful year would maybe be making the playoffs as a wild card or finishing 9-7. Expecting them to still be in competition for a Super Bowl really does a disservice to how hard a Super Bowl is to actually win.
I guess we just have a different idea of what competitive is. With Brady or without I don’t think we are in a position to be competing for HFA and a shoe-in for a AFCC berth. To me, being competitive means competing for a playoff berth. Once you get in, anything is possible. I’m hopeful we can make a few moves, and expect a bump from some of the younger guys to get there.

Would like to have Brady return but why is it a sudden revelation that w/o his winner leadership the Pats will likely have some tough seasons until if ever we strike lightening in a bottle again? TFB HAD to leave eventually. Age retirement would have been one path, cap cost vs value an earlier consideration.

If Brady goes to Tampa or Oakland, no one will convince me there is goodwill between him and Belichick. I could understand going to San Francisco or Tennessee, but Tampa has spite move written all over it. They may have some good playmakers and a decent roster, but that organization is bottom barrel. They’ve made the postseason twice since 2002. Can you imagine him in that super lame Bucs uniform?
The Pats were 5-11 and 0-2 when he took over. He is the GOAT for a reason. And Tampa at least has a SB trophy unlike the Pats when he took the helm.

AFC East will run through Buffalo for 3-4 years or longer, depending on Allen’s development if we go forward with Stidham

While I agree, I can't wait to see who challenges you on this.
Math is math. But it is dumb to think that BB is the same sub .500 Head Coach now as he was before Brady.

AFC East will run through Buffalo for 3-4 years or longer, depending on Allen’s development if we go forward with Stidham
its like a GDT in March, a real bonus amongst these challenging times

He would. This team wouldn’t be anywhere near being on a collision course with his chosen team. We just don’t have the horses in the stable without him.

Will you be happy if you are proven wrong?

Can you imagine him in that super lame Bucs uniform?
It may be surprising to some people, but players do actually care what uniform they wear. Wouldn't shock me if he made them modify or completely alter their uniforms. NFL may make a consideration to increase the fan base in Tampa Bay.

LMAO. We were 5-11 in 2000 and 0-2 before he took over in 2001. We were a podunk team before Brady arrived and now all of a sudden now that it looks like he's no longer going to play of us he's got to stay the hell out of our way.

That's rich.

Wow, so many of you Tommy homers are causality challenged. I'll bet not one GM and/or head coach in the NFL agrees with that.

Yes. One of those seasons was 11-5 against one of the easiest schedules he’s played against as Pats HC, with a team that went 16-0 in the regular season the year before against a much harder schedule. The result? Missed the playoffs. Not that it would have mattered. They were no match for either the Ravens and the Steelers without Brady that season. All time, he’s a sub .500 HC. You can try to dress that up as nicely as you can, but that’s still a fact.

Honestly that 95 browns season should be thrown out. A lot of turmoil out of his control with the owner deciding to leave Cleveland during the season. Prior to that he had the browns on the right track, something we can’t say with any browns HC since.

Though I agree not having Brady makes the path more difficult, I’m not ready to concede that our season is doomed this early into the offseason. Pretty sure you aren’t either. :D

The Tommy Homers *want* us to fail when Tommy leaves.

Name one credible NFL source that agrees with that.

Math is math. But it is dumb to think that BB is the same sub .500 Head Coach now as he was before Brady.
It simply all comes down to QB play. If it's bad, coaches get exposed if the team around them aren't good enough to cover up their decencies.

No coach can survive bad QB play.

Name one credible NFL source that agrees with that.
Name on credible NFL source that agrees with the fact that Bill Belichick is a sub .500 HC without Tom Brady? You DO understand what I’m saying here, right?

I'd double check on the 07 schedule. Count the # of playoff teams and compare it to 08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back