PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tommy Homers *want* us to fail when Tommy leaves.
It seems us fans are divided and either Team Brady or Team BB.

I'll admit I'm Team Brady and think BB will get exposed within 2-3 years if the QB play is sub par.

I'd double check on the 07 schedule. Count the # of playoff teams and compare it to 08.
You have an exceptionally bad memory if you think the ‘08 schedule was anywhere NEAR as tough as ‘07. No offense, dude.

You have an exceptionally bad memory if you think the ‘08 schedule was anywhere NEAR as tough as ‘07. No offense, dude.
Look at the playoff teams.

NFL Network saying it's not BB wanting Brady back, it's Brady not wanting to come back.

The AFCE was more competitive for sure. Dolphins were solid and the jets were one of the best teams the first half of the year before imploding down the stretch.

Name on credible NFL source that agrees with the fact that Bill Belichick is a sub .500 HC without Tom Brady? You DO understand what I’m saying here, right?
Curious. Let's forget statistics. Do you believe without Brady, BB wins a superbowl during this run? Just curious where you stand, not asking for any other reason.

Exposed for what? Being a ****ty GM and coach?
I would't take it that far. In my opinion, Brady's excellence has given BB a wide margin of error and has covered up any hiccups.

That’s the spin

Do you feel a lot of the info getting fed is from the pats camp, making it look like they gave the effort to get TB back in the fold?

LMFAO. Miami was a playoff team in ‘08. Come on now. The five more losses against an easier schedule were because of Brady’s loss in Week 1. Further, please remind me how they fared against those playoff teams?

Do you feel a lot of the info getting fed is from the pats camp, making it look like they gave the effort to get TB back in the fold?
Kraft in particular
He doesn’t want to look like Tom was locked out the house but that’s how it feels and looks.
That Tom walked out and BB slammed and locked the door.

I would't take it that far. In my opinion, Brady's excellence has given BB a wide margin of error and has covered up any hiccups.
...and thanks to BBs scheme, offense and roster management Tom had a HoF career and not a very good one with a lesser team.

Curious. Let's forget statistics. Do you believe without Brady, BB wins a superbowl during this run? Just curious where you stand, not asking for any other reason.
What hypothetical quarterback are we subbing him out with? Or what QBs are starting for the Patriots during which years? And this is also assuming that BB still has his job here after 2002.

NFL Network saying it's not BB wanting Brady back, it's Brady not wanting to come back.
Which doesn’t make a ton of sense. The “doesn’t look good” and “didn’t go well” leaks were pretty obvious claims that this was Belichick’s doing. He apparently didn’t blink yet, so the story had to change.

Sure, it’s easy to say they want him back, but if the offer is 1 year at a salary less then what all other decent QBs make then the truth is they don’t really want him.

...and thanks to BBs scheme, offense and roster management Tom had a HoF career and not a very good one with a lesser team.
Curiously, you can actually point at Bill, and his roster management, as the sole reason why Brady doesn’t have more than 6 championships.

What hypothetical quarterback are we subbing him out with? Or what QBs are starting for the Patriots during which years? And this is also assuming that BB still has his job here after 2002.
This is what some people can't comprehend.

NYG beat the Bills
NE beat KC

I like to think BB has a massive influence on both of those SBs. I love me some Brady, but I’ve always been BB first. To those who point to Cleveland : I am confident he turns them into winners if they don’t move to Baltimore. The ownership was trash. But the coaching staff was gold.

Any QB the Patriots could have logically signed back then.

So, no Peyton Manning or elite QBs other teams signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back