PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.... this untrained fan didn’t really notice any difference in Brady last year except for his nagging injuries. Maybe that’s exactly his concern. BB knows how many injuries Brady had over his career and will know exactly how 2019 compared with the past. And he knows injuries are usually what takes out QBs. Manning was still Manning until his neck became unrepairable. Favre led the Vikings to the NFC title game in 2009 with one of his best seasons, and then had nagging injuries in early 2010 which caused him to be done.
Brady missed a boat load of practice to the point where Bill mentioned it and praised Stidham for all the work he got in. I think that is probably the issue for Bill. Brady just can't carry the workload like he used to and the injuries especially to his elbow did effect his game.

Preseason. 16 game regular season. Playoffs. 100s of practices and scrimmages. Film up the wazoo.

Bill knows what to expect from Tom in 2020 and he ain't all that excited about it.

Well he might be wrong here. He probably thinks he’s done. There’s somewhat of challenge between both. Brady wants to prove he can do well without bill and vice versa.

Well he might be wrong here. He probably thinks he’s done. There’s somewhat of challenge between both. Brady wants to prove he can do well without bill and vice versa.
I don't think Bill thinks hes done as he still made him an offer.

Its only a lowball offer relative to the other offers he has received.
Exactly. Bill pretty much nailed things with Brady. For sure a team like Tampa could over pay for him but the real contenders that Brady wanted to play for - the niners, the titans passed.

PFT is reporting that Buckner has been traded from the 49ers to the Colts. Colts give up their 1st rd pick (13) and make a deal to pay Buckner 21M a season. Dafuuuq?! o_O

Last edited:
I'm sure the Bucs have offered much much more than the Pats.
If Tom leaves I bet its like 28 mill a year
Maybe. I would not be surprised.

PFT is reporting that Buckner has been traded from the 49ers to the Colts. Counts give up their 1st rd pick (13) and make a deal to pay Buckner 21M a season. Dafuuuq?! o_O

Does it clear enough space for Brady?

Does it clear enough space for Brady?
Clears $12.3m. That said, they never needed to do that - they just needed to cut/trade Jimmy G in conjunction with a Brady signing.

Clears $12.3m. That said, they never needed to do that - they just needed to cut/trade Jimmy G in conjunction with a Brady signing.
No but extending Armstead (check) and Kittles is something they need to do and need the space to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes