PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But don’t you remember the actual Kosar situation itself? By the time BB benched him, he sucked worse than Bledsoe in 2001. He never got another starting job again; at least Bledsoe did. The Cleveland fan base all refused to believe it though, because he was the local hero who did good and had been a good QB at a point in the last. That’s why there was such an uproar.

I do agree that the Brady case is different in that anyone who thinks he sucks right now is just insane.
Plus Kosar was defying BB by running plays which were not the ones called in.

A big no-no.

Ive said it every week since the offseason on this board. Ill say it again. Brady is coming back. He is bringing Amari Cooper with him. Speak it into existence

Months of rumors about this and that, all these teams interested in Brady, blah blah blah. Would be kind of funny if he didn’t get an offer from anywhere.

I love that Bernie Kosar has been brought into this thread. :)

Months of rumors about this and that, all these teams interested in Brady, blah blah blah. Would be kind of funny if he didn’t get an offer from anywhere.

Looking like a possibility.

One thing about this era of the Pats is that outcomes defy expectations regularly. It could be TFB choosing between Tampa and continued free agency.

On the flip side, if no one has interest other than BB at a certain price tag, maybe Brady comes back on the cheap...but only because he has to.

Hard to believe, but anything is possible.

EDIT - If Brady gets rejected by the market and comes here cheap, he'll have a giant chip on his shoulder...again...

Looking like a possibility.

One thing about this era of the Pats is that outcomes defy expectations regularly. It could be TFB choosing between Tampa and continued free agency.

On the flip side, if no one has interest other than BB at a certain price tag, maybe Brady comes back on the cheap...but only because he has to.

Hard to believe, but anything is possible.

EDIT - If Brady gets rejected by the market and comes here cheap, he'll have a giant chip on his shoulder...again...
Or even weirder the Pats move on too and he just doesn’t have anywhere to play.

That’s not going to happen of course, just saying the idea is so strange

chargers are the only team which has no QB yet .Even the bucs are rumored for bridgewater. That plus all the LA studio stuff, i think chargers make a run at brady and he might go just because coming back to NE with a lower pay would be even more of ego issue.

Bernie Kosar 2.0 was Drew Bledsoe. That worked out pretty well. Oh, and Bernie Kosar 1.0 worked out pretty well too.

I’m very skeptical this is the time for Bernie Kosar 3.0 as Brady is still playing very well from my vantage point (Miami game was the only one that looked bad to me), but Belichick has a good track record with the prior versions so I’ll take a deep breath and hope he’s right this time too....

Yes, but the point is that Kosar was Cleveland's favorite NFL Son.

Brady is New England's favorite NFL Son.

I get why Tamba would want Brady who is the better short term option but I would be surprised if they don’t go hard on the younger Bridgewater.

Who or what is OddsShark and where are they sourcing those odds from?

I get why Tamba would want Brady who is the better short term option but I would be surprised if they don’t go hard on the younger Bridgewater.
I don’t get why everyone talks up Bridgewater, I don’t see that dude ever coming close to a Super Bowl

Evans
Godwin
Brown
Howard

would rival some of the best weapons in league history

I don’t get why everyone talks up Bridgewater, I don’t see that dude ever coming close to a Super Bowl

He's better than what they have but he's still not what they need.

Does anyone else think it actually might be sort of more interesting and/or fun to see Brady go to Tampa Bay and the Pats go with someone else and see what happens? Maybe it’s just the coronavirus talking.

Last edited:
He's better than what they have but he's still not what they need.

I have my doubts that Brady is what they need either on the field that is. Unless Bruce is ok with TB changing his offense like the broncos were with Manning.

Does anyone else think it actually might be sort of more interesting and/or fun to see Brady go to Tampa Bay and the Pats go with someone else and just see what happens? Maybe it’s just the coronavirus talking.
It would be fun. It would probably suck in a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" kind of way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back