PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now you are picking on an incorrect date? The fact is you said Josh can't even get a decent HC and were wrong.

How did his interviews go the last two years? After the 2018 and 2019 season? Any offers?

Has this been confirmed? For all we know, Bill was fine allowing an over 40 year old who has been in the system for 20 years to skip it.
Compete speculation but knowing Rhe k
Jimmy G should’ve been able to hit Kittle with his eyes close twice which would’ve led to points and the sander miss was a joke
What would be the pick to get Jimmy G back?
A third this year and a third next year?

The 49ers would be insane to do that

Not at all. It actually makes plenty of sense from their point of view. The but, as in "But what if they think JAG will be a SB winning level QB this year, after not being one last year", would be the question.

Not at all. It actually makes plenty of sense from their point of view. The but, as in "But what if they think JAG will be a SB winning level QB this year, after not being one last year", would be the question.
Through more than three quarters he was on track to being Super Bowl MVP, I'd say that shows promise after his first full season as a starter. The only thing I could guess might give them pause enough to possibly move on is his contract. BTW, you can stop calling Garoppolo "JAG." He's far from being "just a guy" and his middle name is Richard.

How did his interviews go the last two years? After the 2018 and 2019 season? Any offers?

Yeah, keep changing the goalposts...

In any rate, you'll be gone as soon as Brady switches teams. You may get your wish of Brady playing under Shanahan.

If I were Brady, I'd think it through:

- Playing in the NFC West where Seattle was only a play away from winning it, the Rams were division winners the year before, and the Cardinals have nowhere to go but up.

- Playing in the NFC in general....there are going to be 2-3 other 12+ win teams, IMO.

- Niners still need to resign Sanders or upgrade at WR, IMO. Their only viable target is Kittle.

I think Deebo is another viable target.

Through more than three quarters he was on track to being Super Bowl MVP, I'd say that shows promise after his first full season as a starter.

I wouldn't make that claim based upon the SB. And the Chiefs made it clear what they thought, as well.

Chiefs' Tyrann Mathieu 'grateful' Kyle Shanahan, 49ers abandoned run game

Chiefs' Mathieu 'grateful' Shanahan, 49ers stopped running

"You paying the guy $140 million, $130 million, whatever he's getting paid, man," Clark told Fox Sports' Peter Schrager. "He's gotta throw the ball. Obviously he didn't do that. They threw for about 200 yards on checkdowns; that ain't enough to win a game against us."

Chiefs' Frank Clark blasts 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo after 2020 Super Bowl

You'd need a hell of a lot more than what he showed in that game. He was fine when being mostly carried, and he **** himself when he was relied upon. That can happen, and it doesn't mean that the 49ers definitely want to ditch him, but come on, man. Be real when you analyze his play.

The only thing I could guess might give them pause enough to possibly move on is his contract. BTW, you can stop calling Garoppolo "JAG." He's far from being "just a guy" and his middle name is Richard.

His contract is fine. In fact, if they like him as their QBOTF, his contract is great.

And he'll always be JAG.

Yeah, keep changing the goalposts...

In any rate, you'll be gone as soon as Brady switches teams. You may get your wish of Brady playing under Shanahan.

Translated using Google Forum Loser: I was wrong about McDaniels getting an offer last year, so I'll just stick with the "moving the goalposts" red herring like I always do. Also, you're a bandwagon fan who will leave this forum when Brady leaves because let's move to attack the person, which I also always do.

You're a joke, man. The antics have gotten old.

The only way Brady possibly plays for the 49ers is if he makes the call. 49ers will not initiate anything due to the possibility of Brady not wanting to go there which will backfire on them via media leaks.

Compete speculation but knowing Rhe k

What would be the pick to get Jimmy G back?
A third this year and a third next year?
1st round pick.

Essentially he just threw a hissy fit. Could you imagine the frenzy that would ensue if Kyle Shanahan announced he was looking for a new team? Josh McDaniels can't even get a head coaching job.

Translated using Google Forum Loser: I was wrong about McDaniels getting an offer last year, so I'll just stick with the "moving the goalposts" red herring like I always do. Also, you're a bandwagon fan who will leave this forum when Brady leaves because let's move to attack the person, which I also always do.

You're a joke, man. The antics have gotten old.

Your original argument was McDaniels could not get a head coaching job, which you are wrong about since he got one with the colts just over 2 years ago. Then you change your argument and say he can't get one in more recent times. :rolleyes:

And it's clear you are the frontrunner/Brady fan because you trashed Belichick and McDaniels in order to prop up Brady. The truth is all 3 of them were needed for this dynasty. Without Belichicks' brilliant defense between 2001-2004, Brady doesn't win his first three rings. Without Belichick making Malcolm Butler practice the goal line play in SB49, Brady doesn't get ring #4. Without McDaniels making the offense more run based in 2018, Brady doesn't get ring #6. Likewise, without Brady's heroics Belichick and McDaniels wouldn't have any super bowl rings. Every true patriots fan knows it was a team effort and no one player/coach can get the overwhelming credit.

1st round pick.

Hopefully we’re not the team that gets fleeced by offering a 1 for JG. An average to slightly above average qb who’s getting elite qb money, no thanks.

Your original argument was McDaniels could not get a head coaching job, which you are wrong about since he got one with the colts just over 2 years ago. Then you change your argument and say he can't get one in more recent times. :rolleyes:

And it's clear you are the frontrunner/Brady fan because you trashed Belichick and McDaniels in order to prop up Brady. The truth is all 3 of them were needed for this dynasty. Without Belichicks' brilliant defense between 2001-2004, Brady doesn't win his first three rings. Without Belichick making Malcolm Butler practice the goal line play in SB49, Brady doesn't get ring #4. Without McDaniels making the offense more run based in 2018, Brady doesn't get ring #6. Likewise, without Brady's heroics Belichick and McDaniels wouldn't have any super bowl rings. Every true patriots fan knows it was a team effort and no one player/coach can get the overwhelming credit.

Lol...your take is laughably bad. I listed many other all-time great coaches along with what happened when they lost their QB1. I specifically said numerous times that, of course, Belichick was critical to the dynasty. As much as a coach can be. But you already know that and being dishonest is just how you roll. No one knocks down a straw man like you, but I think in your case you really aren’t capable of understanding nuance and tend to think in block headlines.

It’s fun to talk about because it would be one of the biggest sports stories in years if it did happen. That would start a rivalry comparison off the charts. BB vs Brady 1, JG vs Brady etc. Highly, highly doubt it happens but if it did, it would be exciting to say the least.

However, if Brady did happen to sign with the 49ers people seem to forget that there are plenty of teams with more ammo to trade with the 49ers than the Pats. Why would they settle for pick 23 if another team was willing to give up a lot more?

However, if Brady did happen to sign with the 49ers people seem to forget that there are plenty of teams with more ammo to trade with the 49ers than the Pats. Why would they settle for pick 23 if another team was willing to give up a lot more?
Because the 9ers probably can’t have two QB’s with massive contracts under the cap. The 9ers would need to unload Jimmy quickly and not d**k around with other teams who could leak info.

Last edited:
Through more than three quarters he was on track to being Super Bowl MVP, I'd say that shows promise after his first full season as a starter. The only thing I could guess might give them pause enough to possibly move on is his contract. BTW, you can stop calling Garoppolo "JAG." He's far from being "just a guy" and his middle name is Richard.
Go ahead and buy it

images

;):D

Every true patriots fan...

...capitalizes Patriots. They've damn well earned it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday