PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The TOM BRADY appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOAT QB
GOAT NFL player. Period.
GOAT Boston athlete.
That last one could be a tie...with Bobby & Bill

Call me crazy, but I just don't see anyone else ever winning 11 NBA titles or all four major NHL trophies along with the Cup in one season...

Funny part is there are those ready to move on to Stidham. LMFAO

His movement in the pocket on Saturday was smooth and precise. He almost ran in for a TD, succesfully blocked downfield, and had a 78% completion rate.
All of this against a top 5 defense while purportedly having an elbow injury. Idc if he's 43 yo, pay the man.

Not to mention the 2 decades worth of database between his ears. I'd gladly take even 50% of Football Neo over 100% of a newbie if it was my decision.

g20.gif

Last edited:
That last one could be a tie...with Bobby & Bill

Call me crazy, but I just don't see anyone else ever winning 11 NBA titles or all four major NHL trophies along with the Cup in one season...

Orr was the NHL GOAT.

Not Gretzky and I dont say that because Im from NE. Bobby Orr took a hockey game over by himself. Defense or offense. He killed off penalties by himself because nobody could skate with him. The only way to stop Orr was to hurt and thats what they did.

Think of some of the all time great quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Aaron Rodgers, and Brett Favre. Four guys that are pretty much unquestioned in the top ten all time, and now consider that Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl victories as all of those guys COMBINED!

(comment works as long as we beat Miami)

Tom Brady is sooooo good that the no. 1 seeds from last year (Kansas City and New Orleans) will be playing wild card weekend, and the Super bowl runner up is already eliminated, but if the Pats get a first round bye all of us fans will still be thinking..........

"ya, that's good and all, but I really wanted the no. 1 seed"

I forget where I heard this one but..............

Tom Brady has NEVER started an NFL game out of contention for the Lombardi Trophy.

Bill Russell?

He won 11 NBA Championships.

I saw Russell many many times live at the Garden. Great player.
But Russ is not considered the GOAT NBA player by most. Personally he's in my top 3,at #2 behind MJ and just ahead of Wilt.
I also saw Orr's entire career. Many people do consider him the goat, but many more give that to Gretzky.
To beat TB, you gotta be the undisputed goat in your sport just for starters.
But as much as I love Russ and Bobby, it's Brady. And it's not close.

Tom Brady has NEVER started an NFL game out of contention for the Lombardi Trophy.
Sure...only missed the playoffs once, and when they walked off the field they were still in contention. Never had a single regular season snap when they weren’t still in it.

This week he’s (with little fanfare):
  • Won the Sporting News Player of the Decade
  • Only QB named to USA all-decade team
  • Only QB named to Yahoo all-decade team
  • Going for career win #250 on Sunday
  • Looking to extend record for consecutive divisional titles and byes with a win Sunday
  • Looking to surpass Goober with TD #540 on Sunday
  • Named to the NFL 100 team

So Brady has Germanic ancestry?

So this was in response to a statement of Brady dropping 2 A-bombs on the Japan of the GOAT discussion or some such tortured metaphor, and the only way this works is an alternate universe I hereby dub The Man In The Matt Cassel.

Oh they were at it in 2002, flash in the pan, etc.

LOL... completely different flavor of delusion. They've gone from "It won't last" to "They got lucky 3 out of 4 years" to "They were a dynasty but it's really, really over and besides they cheat" to "Will you guys EVER just go the F(*& AWAY!!!!!!" to "It's got to be over now... right? right?"

Mafackas better get out their wooden stakes and mallets (and I don't mean Ryan.)

Orr was the NHL GOAT.

Not Gretzky and I dont say that because Im from NE. Bobby Orr took a hockey game over by himself. Defense or offense. He killed off penalties by himself because nobody could skate with him. The only way to stop Orr was to hurt and thats what they did.
While an alltime great, only people from Boston rate Orr the GOAT. You minimize Gretzky as if he didn’t take over games. The league had to change the rules because the Oilers would crush people 4 on 4. Also, like Brady, Gretzky wasn’t the fastest or strongest. But he was better than the others because he was smart and felt the game on a different level.

I know it’ll be unpopular here because most are from Boston, but there are several players I’d take ahead of Orr, including Lemieux & Gretzky. That isn’t to say Orr wasn’t exceptional. He was.

For a 20 year vet : that is probably the most unbelievable stat you can imagine.

Think of some of the all time great quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, John Elway, Aaron Rodgers, and Brett Favre. Four guys that are pretty much unquestioned in the top ten all time, and now consider that Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl victories as all of those guys COMBINED!
Oh man do I have a thread for you.

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

The REAL competition for TB is greatest athlete. I'm talking individual and team sports that are primarily American, NFL,mlb,NHL,NBA, pro boxing( which was the biggest sport for many many years).
There's only 3 guys in that convo:
Ali, MJ and TB. TB replaced Jim Brown after the Atlanta SB.
I'm not even gonna attempt to rank those 3. All 3 are the runaway GOATs.

Posted this once before, but this thread seems appropriate to re-post it in...

drv0BHd.jpg

So this was in response to a statement of Brady dropping 2 A-bombs on the Japan of the GOAT discussion or some such tortured metaphor, and the only way this works is an alternate universe I hereby dub The Man In The Matt Cassel.

LOL... completely different flavor of delusion. They've gone from "It won't last" to "They got lucky 3 out of 4 years" to "They were a dynasty but it's really, really over and besides they cheat" to "Will you guys EVER just go the F(*& AWAY!!!!!!" to "It's got to be over now... right? right?"

Mafackas better get out their wooden stakes and mallets (and I don't mean Ryan.)

You mock my poor attempt at humor?

was-it-over-when-the-germans-bombed-pearl-harbor-r-esist-34262460.png

I saw Russell many many times live at the Garden. Great player.
But Russ is not considered the GOAT NBA player by most. Personally he's in my top 3,at #2 behind MJ and just ahead of Wilt.
I also saw Orr's entire career. Many people do consider him the goat, but many more give that to Gretzky.
To beat TB, you gotta be the undisputed goat in your sport just for starters.
But as much as I love Russ and Bobby, it's Brady. And it's not close.
You stated GOAT Boston Athlete.

Russell not Brady. The Celtics are the GOAT. Nobody will ever amass that many titles or dominate the NBA like the Celts with Russell.
The Yankees are the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back