PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The study the Patriots can do to refute the scientific evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be kidding me. Why do you think the guy is called the "deflator"? Also, Brady said this back in February - ""I don’t want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out." This is obviously a lie then, even you have to admit it. Brady could have hand over his phone and prove his innocence, he did not do it. I have tremendous respect for this team even as a Colts fan, because ultimately I don't think those things matter. The Pats beat us silly and thoroughly deserved the Super Bowl, but it's pretty freaking obvious that Brady was/is lying. Of course I understand the denial on your part. I know what it's like to have a sport icon to look up to. Still, I don't think this should taint Brady's legacy in any way, mainly because many QB does this. At the end of the day, did any of this give him an unfair advantage? I don't think so.

Last edited:
No no, irrefutable science is all pure coincidence, the out of context text messages prove that! /s

How do people who believe this manage to get out of bed on a morning? It takes a special kind of stupid to think text messages trump hard scientific evidence doesn't it?

How are the text messages out of context though? They are talking about deflating footballs to please Brady. Isn't the whole scandal about that? Also, the experiment showed that theoretically a ball could lose pressure that way, it does not prove that foul play was not involved. Also, the report claims that all 11 Pats footballs that were tested at halftime measured below that 12.5 psi mark, while the four Colts balls tested were between 12.5 and 13.5 psi. If it was the weather, what are the chances that all 11 of the Pats balls were below that mark, and none of the four Colts balls? I mean, you can believe what you want to believe I guess, it is your right.

I'd love to see them replicate owning a bag, deflating 12 ball accurately and closing a bag in 90 seconds. My money says they can't do it, and the optics of attempting will show how absurd the whole theory is.

That is why we need more people pushing for it. It would be an embarrassment for the NFL

You have to be kidding me. Why do you think the guy is called the "deflator"? Also, Brady said this back in February - ""I don’t want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out." This is obviously a lie then, even you have to admit it. Brady could have hand over his phone and prove his innocence, he did not do it. I have tremendous respect for this team even as a Colts fan, because ultimately I don't think those things matter. The Pats beat us silly and thoroughly deserved the Super Bowl, but it's pretty freaking obvious that Brady was/is lying. Of course I understand the denial on your part. I know what it's like to have a sport icon to look up to. Still, I don't think this should taint Brady's legacy in any way, mainly because many QB does this. At the end of the day, did any of this give him an unfair advantage? I don't think so.
He was talking about after they're picked he doesn't want them inflated or deflated. Obviously balls will routinely be inflated or deflated by equipment managers. None of those messages show the equipment guys did anything besides their job. The damning evidence is that Brady told them to take the refs the rule book.

How are the text messages out of context though? They are talking about deflating footballs to please Brady. Isn't the whole scandal about that? Also, the experiment showed that theoretically a ball could lose pressure that way, it does not prove that foul play was not involved. Also, the report claims that all 11 Pats footballs that were tested at halftime measured below that 12.5 psi mark, while the four Colts balls tested were between 12.5 and 13.5 psi. If it was the weather, what are the chances that all 11 of the Pats balls were below that mark, and none of the four Colts balls? I mean, you can believe what you want to believe I guess, it is your right.

You seem to either be a troll or severly challenged when it comes to reading comprehension. I suggest you look for a job with the NFL. Seems like you hit some of their criteria

You seem to either be a troll or severly challenged when it comes to reading comprehension. I suggest you look for a job with the NFL. Seems like you hit some of their criteria

Or maybe, just maybe, you are a huge homer and in complete denial.

Ok the deflator tag is troubling, but you have to admit that it is possible that he is referring to getting the balls down to 12.5 psi legally if/when necessary. You also overlooked the text messages that said balls were at "16 when they should have been 13" no one said 11.5. You also overlooked that Brady's message said "you did nothing wrong". You also overlooked the text that said "bring the rulebook to the refs." If you combine these 3 texts with the deflator text now it doesn't seem so suspect. What does seem suspect is the NFL allowing Colts ball boys to test Patriot balls, why not the fuc-ing mascot, get him hin on it too. What seems super suspect is that the science purportedly found that there was no evidence of tampering unless you believed Anderson's memory about all of the measurements but didn't believe he could remember which of 2 gauges he used, coincidentally the .4 psi that the gauge was off is how much the balls were off. The lunacy is beyond belief, there's proof that the balls weren't under inflated but we're going to go on a text. For your sake please don't ever call yourself a "killer" in a text because by your logic that will make you a murderer, regardless if it is shown that the victim is alive and well.
Finally, you say that it shouldn't hurt his legacy, are yo fu-king kidding? That's what this whole thing is about.

I swear it's like non of you guys read the summary of the text messages. If you read them and say that this was a coincidence, well you have to be the biggest homer in the world, sorry. With that said, this should be a non-issue. Every other QB does this in the league. Rodgers basically come out and admitted it back in February. I'm sure other QB's have preferences as well. If anything, it was about what Brady likes, and not what would screw with the Colts. The Colts were thoroughly outplayed anyway. The punishment is too harsh.

This post reads like someone who didn't read the wells report. I posted above the actual findings from the leagues own investigation. I have listed the pages. When you take the hard facts(The tests done by the leagues "expert", and the recorded measurements at halftime) and you remove Ted Wells Theory craft, It shows that the patriots either didn't do ANYTHING or only did it to three balls, and only "deflated" a fraction of 1 psi of air.

I quoted that part of the text from the official findings, the latest comminuque by the NFL. At least I think I did because it had a recent date and I remember the words "official findings". I guess I could be wrong. But anyway, I think this discussion with you guys does not go nowhere, you are obviously not willing to look at this objectively. I do not think Brady called those guys to ask about the weather after months of no phone call, two days before the game then the night before, but again, you believe what you want to believe. I hope I did not sound butthurt, I really am not.

I knew you guys were going to beat us before the playoff game (I even posted this obvious prediction in here) and I don't think the balls had anything to do with the outcome, I mean it was a massacre. The Pats were simply the much better team from top to bottom. I do think Brady is lying though, and I think it was obvious from his body language from that initial press conference, and it is obvious from the overwhelming - but may be circumstantial - evidence. But again, I totally understand why you would defend your favorite player, and there is nothing wrong with that.

The Wells is a "phenomenal" piece of work...they don't prove that anything happened and then blame the Pats and Brady for the cover up...so what exactly was being covered up???

I quoted that part of the text from the official findings, the latest comminuque by the NFL. At least I think I did because it had a recent date and I remember the words "official findings". I guess I could be wrong. But anyway, I think this discussion with you guys does not go nowhere, you are obviously not willing to look at this objectively. I do not think Brady called those guys to ask about the weather after months of no phone call, two days before the game then the night before, but again, you believe what you want to believe. I hope I did not sound butthurt, I really am not.

I knew you guys were going to beat us before the playoff game (I even posted this obvious prediction in here) and I don't think the balls had anything to do with the outcome, I mean it was a massacre. The Pats were simply the much better team from top to bottom. I do think Brady is lying though, and I think it was obvious from his body language from that initial press conference, and it is obvious from the overwhelming - but may be circumstantial - evidence. But again, I totally understand why you would defend your favorite player, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Looking objectively, it's not clear why the Wells report rejects Walt Anderson's initial answer of using the gauge with the logo to take measurements and presses him whether he's certain, leading Anderson to say it's possible he not 100% certain. Wells then concludes that the non-logo gauge was used because if he uses the numbers on the gauge with the logo, the Patriots balls do not fall out of the predicted range based on their scientific consultants and then there is no issue with respect to violating league rules with respect to the air pressure of the footballs, and the entire case falls apart. At a minimum, this calls into question any real confidence that the balls were actually deflated by anything other than natural causes, but Wells concludes the opposite.

Looking objectively, it's not clear why the Wells report rejects Walt Anderson's initial answer of using the gauge with the logo to take measurements and presses him whether he's certain, leading Anderson to say it's possible he not 100% certain. Wells then concludes that the non-logo gauge was used because if he uses the numbers on the gauge with the logo, the Patriots balls do not fall out of the predicted range based on their scientific consultants and then there is no issue with respect to violating league rules with respect to the air pressure of the footballs, and the entire case falls apart. At a minimum, this calls into question any real confidence that the balls were actually deflated by anything other than natural causes, but Wells concludes the opposite.
Deflategate is a misnomer. The correct name is Framegate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe