PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Steelers game now becomes huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your logic, although I think many are seeing a Jacksonville defense that ranks first in points allowed, sacks, and turnovers (something the ‘85 Bears and ‘00 Ravens couldn’t accomplish)
Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I read that stat when Florio wrote those exact same words earlier this morning.
This week’s game is an 11 point spread
So were the Patriots last night.

Haden’s back at practice, so that’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping for one more missed week.

Tomlin says they will evaluate if he’s ready. I’d guess he plays but not the whole game.

Current spread Pats -1 vs Squealers...........Line will surely move to even by game day....maybe even Pats +1 .......

Would rather see Pats play as Dogs......makes victory all the sweeter...

Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I read that stat when Florio wrote those exact same words earlier this morning.
I’m assuming that’s probably where I read it. Setting aside the comparison to two of the greatest defenses to ever play the game (even though it was okay when one of our posters made an 8 game points allowed comparison to ‘85 CHI), the numbers are certainly impressive to say the least. Add in the fact that they’re second in yards allowed, and it seems as though they’ve got something going over there.

That all said, they play the games for a reason so you’re right that no one should be counting wins ahead of time, but that won’t stop the speculation, and I think some of it is justified—as we’ll likely be doing the same thing with our team, too.

I rather face the squealers at full strength to see where this team's at. Better competition. That game last night was one of those nights where you turn the page or burn the tape. It was embarrassing and hopefully they bring something more to the table on Sunday.

I’m assuming that’s probably where I read it. Setting aside the comparison to two of the greatest defenses to ever play the game (even though it was okay when one of our posters made an 8 game points allowed comparison to ‘85 CHI), the numbers are certainly impressive to say the least. Add in the fact that they’re second in yards allowed, and it seems as though they’ve got something going over there.
They have a good defense but it is not other-worldly like those Bears or Ravens teams, even though you may be able to find a strange statistical confluence where they do something those teams didn't. In fact, they have already given up more points through 13 games than those teams have through 16.

Pending Patricia gets a head coaching gug, who would you like as the D coordinator? Fewell, Pagano, Marvin Lewis, Spagnola ( sp?), and John Fox will likely all be available after the season. Those are just names.

Didn't know where to post it.

I rather face the squealers at full strength to see where this team's at. Better competition. That game last night was one of those nights where you turn the page or burn the tape. It was embarrassing and hopefully they bring something more to the table on Sunday.

Forget all that noise. A first round bye and HFA is all that matters.

Screw that. They don't make your banner and ring smaller if you have an easy road.

Pending Patricia gets a head coaching gug, who would you like as the D coordinator? Fewell, Pagano, Marvin Lewis, Spagnola ( sp?), and John Fox will likely all be available after the season. Those are just names.

Didn't know where to post it.

Brian Flores will be the next DC if MP were to leave. Most probably similar to MP he wouldnt get the title immediately but a season later.

When people make stupid statements about how the 8-5 Titans don't stand a chance at home against the 9-4 Jaguars, then talking about something that happened in September is perfectly fair game.

The Jaguars have lost to Arizona, the Jete and, as I mentioned, got spanked by Tennessee. To claim they are some unbeatable behemoth is laughable.

I look forward to throwing your own posts back in your face when they slip up.

I don't get why you're so angry someone thinks the Jaguars are significantly better than the Titans.

I agree with your logic, although I think many are seeing a Jacksonville defense that ranks first in points allowed, sacks, and turnovers (something the ‘85 Bears and ‘00 Ravens couldn’t accomplish) and are envisioning a pumped up team that would rise to the occasion for a first round bye if given the opportunity in week 17.

This week’s game is an 11 point spread against a 3rd string QB, and next week’s game is against SF, so while you make a fine point that we shouldn’t be handing them victories, it’s tough not to look ahead and be concerned. We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

If the Jaguars are for real, they *SHOULD* smoke all three teams they have left. The only trip up may be at San Fran on the road. That's a long trip. But defense, as we know, travels and Jimmy isn't exactly flush with weapons at the skill positions.

I don't get why you're so angry someone thinks the Jaguars are significantly better than the Titans.
Except that is not really the point of the posts I made. I suggest you reread.

If the Jaguars are for real, they *SHOULD* smoke all three teams they have left. The only trip up may be at San Fran on the road. That's a long trip. But defense, as we know, travels and Jimmy isn't exactly flush with weapons at the skill positions.

And now we see BB's masterplan in trading JG to the 49ers :cool:

We will win. If KVN and Flowers play we will win by e possessions ... Jaguars will win out Ravens too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3