PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Steelers game now becomes huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this the Titans are a Bogus 8-5 Team bet the house against them.
That bogus team spanked the Jaguars 37-16 in Jacksonville.

In what weird alternative universe is this where the Jags and the Titans are play-off bound and have an opportunity to usurp the Pat's seeding?

The Jags/Titan game will most likely have to be played, they probably won't be able to rest starters and such.

That bogus team spanked the Jaguars 37-16 in Jacksonville.

Oh yeah weeks 1 and 2 have so much credibility in a Teams eventual future in Today's NFL. Remember when the new world order Chiefs spanked the Patriots many moons ago?? You are reaching dude.

Last edited:
Oh yeah weeks 1 and 2 have some much credibility in a Teams eventual future in Today's NFL. Remember when the new world order Chiefs spanked the Patriots many moons ago?? You are reaching dude.
When people make stupid statements about how the 8-5 Titans don't stand a chance at home against the 9-4 Jaguars, then talking about something that happened in September is perfectly fair game.

The Jaguars have lost to Arizona, the Jete and, as I mentioned, got spanked by Tennessee. To claim they are some unbeatable behemoth is laughable.

I look forward to throwing your own posts back in your face when they slip up.

When people make stupid statements about how the 8-5 Titans don't stand a chance at home against the 9-4 Jaguars, then talking about something that happened in September is perfectly fair game.

The Jaguars have lost to Arizona, the Jetes and, as I mentioned, got spanked by Tennessee. To claim they are some unbeatable behemoth is laughable.

I look forward to throwing your own posts back in your face when they slip up.

Me likewise when the Titans slip up I love my chances.:D

This.

I cannot believe how many people look at teams that are playing well and then just assume they will win out. It wasn't all that long ago that people in this very forum were talking about the Chiefs winning out. I guess some people never learn.

It's the same people who saw 0% chance that the Raiders would win less than 12 games this year. Every year around this time we get this gigantic swab of posters who believe every other contender is a certainty to win out. If the Patriots lose to the Steelers they will probably still land the #2 slot. They play the easiest schedule the last two weeks. Most importantly, when you don't have an elite (or even good) quarterback, there's a decent chance you can lose every week.

Me likewise when the Titans slip up I love my chances.:D
Here's your problem: I am not saying the Titans are going to win out. All I have said is that it is silly to assume Jacksonville will.

It's the same people who saw 0% chance that the Raiders would win less than 12 games this year. Every year around this time we get this gigantic swab of posters who believe every other contender is a certainty to win out. If the Patriots lose to the Steelers they will probably still land the #2 slot. They play the easiest schedule the last two weeks. Most importantly, when you don't have an elite (or even good) quarterback, there's a decent chance you can lose every week.
Quoted for truth.

People just can't remember anything not in front of their faces. The Patriots played poorly last night so people think they will stumble and bumble to 11-5. The Jaguars played well so they are a behemoth who will win out and dominate the postseason.

I think we'll beat the Steelers but it would be nice for Jimmy to help us out one more time with a big upset.

Sounds good but prefer that the 49ers lose out, another win another pick down in the 2nd round

Typical struggles vs good man coverage last night. We've seen this with and without Gronkowski and Edelman, with one or the other, or with both. Pittsburgh is supposedly all geeked up and ready to play a ton of man vs the Pats. I think we might see a Brady performance like the 2011 game at Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh played an entirely different defense than they typically do vs the Pats - lots of 3 man rushes, daring Brady to take the underneath stuff - long pass of the day was 23 yard to Gronkowski and Brady average slightly over 5.5 ypa. Last night he averaged a poor 5.4 ypa.

If they play as much man as they and the media say they will, it could be a long night for Brady if they a.) can't run the ball again and b.) the receivers can't get open in that short 5-10 yard area over the middle area where Brady makes his living.

Can't expect to have a -2 turnover margin and win in Pittsburgh...

Sounds good but prefer that the 49ers lose out, another win another pick down in the 2nd round
That vaunted SF second round pick will become a 2018 3d, 4th, and a 2019 2nd....and fans on this forum will perform mental gymnastics convincing themselves that some DB from Vanderbilt in the 3d round "really has top of the second round talent"...

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Your mom has become huge.

It was already huge. So it didn't just get that way because of last night.

That vaunted SF second round pick will become a 2018 3d, 4th, and a 2019 2nd....and fans on this forum will perform mental gymnastics convincing themselves that some DB from Vanderbilt in the 3d round "really has top of the second round talent"...

Yeah, BB sucks at building the roster.

Typical struggles vs good man coverage last night. We've seen this with and without Gronkowski and Edelman, with one or the other, or with both. Pittsburgh is supposedly all geeked up and ready to play a ton of man vs the Pats. I think we might see a Brady performance like the 2011 game at Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh played an entirely different defense than they typically do vs the Pats - lots of 3 man rushes, daring Brady to take the underneath stuff - long pass of the day was 23 yard to Gronkowski and Brady average slightly over 5.5 ypa. Last night he averaged a poor 5.4 ypa.

If they play as much man as they and the media say they will, it could be a long night for Brady if they a.) can't run the ball again and b.) the receivers can't get open in that short 5-10 yard area over the middle area where Brady makes his living.

Can't expect to have a -2 turnover margin and win in Pittsburgh...

Yeah. You said you expected a 32 point blowout win (49-17) for the Steelers. So we know where you're coming from.

Haden’s back at practice, so that’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping for one more missed week.

Here's your problem: I am not saying the Titans are going to win out. All I have said is that it is silly to assume Jacksonville will.
I agree with your logic, although I think many are seeing a Jacksonville defense that ranks first in points allowed, sacks, and turnovers (something the ‘85 Bears and ‘00 Ravens couldn’t accomplish) and are envisioning a pumped up team that would rise to the occasion for a first round bye if given the opportunity in week 17.

This week’s game is an 11 point spread against a 3rd string QB, and next week’s game is against SF, so while you make a fine point that we shouldn’t be handing them victories, it’s tough not to look ahead and be concerned. We’ll have to see how it all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back