PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Steelers game now becomes huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now winning or losing the game on Sunday could be the difference between HFA or playing on Wild Card weekend.

If the Pats win on Sunday, they control their own destiny. They will hold the tiebreaker over the Steelers. They beat the Bills and Jets and they have HFA.

If the Pats lose to the Steelers and the Jags win out, the Pats are playing Wild Card weekend. The Jags would have the conference record over the Pats. The Jags have the Texans, 49ers, and Titans left on their schedule. So them winning out is very likely.

It might not be a bad thing the Sixth Seed in the AFC will be a horrible Team. Steelers - Jags - Pats by far.

I'll bet you $100 Jacksonville does not win out.
This.

I cannot believe how many people look at teams that are playing well and then just assume they will win out. It wasn't all that long ago that people in this very forum were talking about the Chiefs winning out. I guess some people never learn.

This.

I cannot believe how many people look at teams that are playing well and then just assume they will win out. It wasn't all that long ago that people in this very forum were talking about the Chiefs winning out. I guess some people never learn.

Anything is possible like a 5-7 Team going nowhere kicking our @ss. That said both the Jags and Steelers have made the most of their powder puff Schedules. The Jags have the Texans, 49ers, and Titans left on their schedule. The Jags have a Great Defense also a Running Game and some good young WR's. They can definitely do it against those also rans.

Anything is possible like a 5-7 Team going nowhere kicking our @ss. That said both the Jags and Steelers have made the most of their powder puff Schedules. The Jags have the Texans, 49ers, and Titans left on their schedule. The Jags have a Great Defense also a Running Game and some good young WR's. They can definitely do it against those also rans.
Any road game could easily be an upset.
Any division game could easily be an upset.
And BTW, Tennessee is 1 game behind Jax at 8-5 so they hardly qualify as an "also ran." Tennessee will probably even be favored.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people ignore history.

This.

I never said they would. I said it is likely they will win out. That isn't a guarantee, but it isn't like they are playing good teams. The Texans will be down to their second string (actually third string QB). The 49ers aren't very good even though they have played much better with Jimmy G. The Titans are the only good team they face. I might be over estimating the Jags' chances of beating the Titans, but they are the better team.

Any road game could easily be an upset.
Any division game could easily be an upset.
And BTW, Tennessee is 1 game behind Jax at 8-5 so they hardly qualify as an "also ran." Tennessee will probably even be favored.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people ignore history.

I will say this the Titans are a Bogus 8-5 Team bet the house against them.

I will say this the Titans are a Bogus 8-5 Team bet the house against them.

I did already last week Thanks Blaine Gabbert for the Xmas $!

The game NOW becomes huge? It is huge and has been for quite some time. :eek::confused:
yes, but now we are talking about not getting a bye. The anti has definitely been raised.

I never said they would. I said it is likely they will win out. That isn't a guarantee, but it isn't like they are playing good teams. The Texans will be down to their second string (actually third string QB). The 49ers aren't very good even though they have played much better with Jimmy G. The Titans are the only good team they face. I might be over estimating the Jags' chances of beating the Titans, but they are the better team.

And I will add by far the Titans are trash...they are are not Beating the Rams or Jags even at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back