PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Snow Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you people have to be introduced to this thing called REALITY. The Patriots WON that game, the tuck rule WAS applied correctly and...THE PATS WON THE SUPER BOWL....jeezus krist it's 20 friggin years later...stop biatch crying.

I thought it was a fumble....but by rules and precedent, it wasn’t.

I’ll take it

I thought it was a fumble....but by rules and precedent, it wasn’t.

I’ll take it

i think everybody THOUGHT it was a fumble...i know i did. i also thought woodson head slapped brady but i was thrilled with the call because the raiders had been getting away with calls like that for years and thought it was their birthright to get away with ish. it was time for a little karma comeuppance.

some of you people have to be introduced to this thing called REALITY. The Patriots WON that game, the tuck rule WAS applied correctly and...THE PATS WON THE SUPER BOWL....jeezus krist it's 20 friggin years later...stop biatch crying.

@Ian maybe I'm being a bit sappy and sentimental, but I'd like to be able to "love" this post

I think there is an aspect that isn’t discussed enough : yes, NE was given a second life, but what I love about that game is that the team took that chance and thereafter made the plays it needed to win.

Getting a call / a break is step one. You then need to capitalize. Brady, V, BB, that D : all onboard.

I think there is an aspect that isn’t discussed enough : yes, NE was given a second life, but what I love about that game is that the team took that chance and thereafter made the plays it needed to win.

Getting a call / a break is step one. You then need to capitalize. Brady, V, BB, that D : all onboard.

agreed....besides that call didn't change the score of the game. over the years i've seen bad calls change the score of games yet all you hear about is the tuck rule. for all we know the raiders fumble the ball right back under those conditions so raider fan and players can suck on it.

agreed....besides that call didn't change the score of the game. over the years i've seen bad calls change the score of games yet all you hear about is the tuck rule. for all we know the raiders fumble the ball right back under those conditions so raider fan and players can suck on it.

I think all of us were Bucs fans the Super Bowl after lol. Fun to see Gannon throw 500 picks in that game

The Tuck Rule was called correctly, but it was a stupid rule. Nobody remembers, but it went against the Patriots TWICE in 2001. Once in a loss to the Jets early in the season (which was overshadowed for obvious reasons), and again literally the game before the Snow Bowl.

Seriously:
Again, nobody remembers it because it happened in a game that the Patriots ended up winning big (against a garbage Panthers team), but it would have made a 10-3 halftime lead 17-3 instead. Seymour would have walked in for a TD, but it was blown dead because of the Tuck Rule.

The Snow Bowl wasn't the only reason they got rid of the rule, it was just the one everyone remembers.

I think all of us were Bucs fans the Super Bowl after lol. Fun to see Gannon throw 500 picks in that game
It does help when you dont change your audibles when your coach goes ot the opposition the next year...... Tampa knew everything the raiders were going to do.....

The Tuck Rule was called correctly, but it was a stupid rule. Nobody remembers, but it went against the Patriots TWICE in 2001. Once in a loss to the Jets early in the season (which was overshadowed for obvious reasons), and again literally the game before the Snow Bowl.

Seriously:
Again, nobody remembers it because it happened in a game that the Patriots ended up winning big (against a garbage Panthers team), but it would have made a 10-3 halftime lead 17-3 instead. Seymour would have walked in for a TD, but it was blown dead because of the Tuck Rule.

The Snow Bowl wasn't the only reason they got rid of the rule, it was just the one everyone remembers.

This is the best point right here.

Does the game against the Raiders even happen if there was no tuck rule?

I don't think it does.

With different records, who knows what the matchups would have been.

I miss those old ref uniforms.

Seriously:

I remember the Panthers game and remember the play. The commentator, I dont remember who, didnt know the rule either.

The way I know it wasn’t a fumble is I read the newspaper the next day. Ruled a forward pass on the field enough said

They act like the rule came out of nowhere. The tuck rule was called the same way multiple times before that game. Its been ruled the same way several times since that game.

I was at the game and as soon as the play happened I turned to my husband and said, "Isn't that an incomplete pass under the rules?!?" It was the correct call under the rules at the time, so much so that they actually changed the rule so that the Patriots didn't "cheat" with it again. Go home all you butthurt losers!

I was at the game and as soon as the play happened I turned to my husband and said, "Isn't that an incomplete pass under the rules?!?" It was the correct call under the rules at the time, so much so that they actually changed the rule so that the Patriots didn't "cheat" with it again. Go home all you butthurt losers!
Further proof that baseless cheating accusations against the Patriots had nothing to do with us winning. They were there since the snow plow game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back