PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sanctioned FA 4PM Tracker Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was cut for not giving effort, if he's the only example than I would say that'd be the exception. If he was going "balls to the wall" haynesworth would've been a patriot right now.

Not quite the same as Fat Albert's contract was issued by the 'Skins and th Pats made a restructuring conditional to acquiring him.

Another not quite the same but Brandon McGowan was resigned by the team but cut during camp. That happens too.

But a big salary going to a small salary then getting cut? Not sure if there is a precident but i'll bet dollars to donuts that if there are 6 receivers in camp fighting for 5 spots and the 5 are outplaying Ocho, he is gone regardless of cap ramifications.

Haynesworth's restructured his deal to facilitate the trade. Not to stay on the team. That is the difference.

guys, the post said "The Patriots have never cut a veteran during the same year in which he re-negotiated his contract"... Just replying to the inaccurate statement. It has happened under the condition stated.. For any reason or what ever reason, it was done.

Matthew Slater's deal is 5.4 million over 3 years, per Reiss.

Is Matthew Slater now the most the expensive special teams player in the NFL that is not a place kicker or punter?

Is Matthew Slater now the most the expensive special teams player in the NFL that is not a place kicker or punter?

Probably. Our ST were pretty damn good for the most part in the second half of last season, and the playoffs. If they can stay at that level then I support this deal fully.

Twitter

Asked a Patriots source about possibly being interested in recently released #Raiders LB Kamerion Wimbley: "Doubt it."

In his first couple seasons I was unhappy to see Slater at any point, especially when fielding a return. However, I have seen him down the field first making the tackle enough times to be very happy he is on this team. The ability to fill in occasionally at safety or star is also valuable.

He has earned this money.

Five years ago Larry Izzo was making over $800K a year.
I'll bet there are returners that have made a lot more. Hester makes most of his money for being a returner.

Fool! Have you forgotten that the versatile Slater is our deep threat?

Not as much as the Chad "Ochostinko" weekly breakout game threads.

I take solace in that there will be no "Is THIS Taylor Price's Breakout Week?" threads this season

Last edited:

All Pro and Pro Bowl Special Teamer with the ability to play wide receiver where necessary. I'd say that's a bargain.

Kassim Osgood got about $6.7M over 3 years, but was released a few days ago after 2 years.

Former Packers C Scott Wells signed with the Rams.

Just want to say Great Job and Thank You to all the posters who are posting these signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes